Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool read of an independent opinion on the Reds top 50 prospects
https://www.pitcherlist.com/dynasty-cincinnati-reds-2020-preseason-top-50-prospects/

I like how he's not cookie cutter and putting everybody in the same rankings as the other sites. He openly admits that other sites have particular players ranked higher or lower. It looks like some of his rankings are based on legitimate Scouts reviews instead of viewing film of the player but that can be expected when you're digging down to 50th in a farm system.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
My thoughts are that I’m not impressed with the minor league system. They have to be in the bottom third of mlb. If they are still trying to make their number one prospect a starter, he is about 4 years away from mlb. He’s never pitched any real innings yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 02:26 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: My thoughts are that I’m not impressed with the minor league system. They have to be in the bottom third of mlb. If they are still trying to make their number one prospect a starter, he is about 4 years away from mlb. He’s never pitched any real innings yet.

Overall I have to agree. I just feel the pitching prospects in the big picture lean towards the weak side. Hope they prove me wrong.

Nice read Vinyl
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One or two really stand out that I hope with all I have that they'll start hitting are Siani and Siri.. Defensively they're lock down OFers. It's standing there with the chunk of wood where they keep me scratching my head. Garcia at SS could become our next big star if his stars all align right..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 03:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Overall I have to agree. I just feel the pitching prospects in the big picture lean towards the weak side. Hope they prove me wrong.

Nice read Vinyl

Same.. The pitching down on the farm could go either way..Rise to the top or right into the dumpster fire..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The thing that can never be overstated enough is they're all young men and young men have this strange habit of being unpredictable. The guy who everyone thinks will be a huge star often flames out and the 40th round guy nobody expects to do much often turns everything around and takes MLB by storm. Luckily I am NOT in the business of predicting the futures of young men. The one thing they ALL have in common is their natural ability to get old and die someday..

Reply/Quote