Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coolest thing you ever seen from a Plane
(08-04-2017, 09:42 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: Coolest thing I ever saw was a reflection of me nailing a stewardess in the mirror of the bathroom stall.

DingDing
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some of the coolest things I've seen from a plane:

An impact crater from a meteorite strike over the outback of Australia.

Coming in over icebergs as we landed at a Chilean military base on King George Island off the coast of Antarctica.

Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.

The Grand Canyon and the Rockies.

And one of the coolest things was flying Cincy to LA and passing over my aunt's ranch in Colorado. I spotted the Sand Dunes National Park, and she lives in a town directly to the west of that park that has a distinctive capital letter D in painted rocks on a hillside. I spotted the D, then followed the roads nearby out to her ranch which has several white buildings at the base of another hill. Once I spotted her ranch, I called her on my wife's cell and told her to go outside and look at the plane coming overhead. I told her we were on it. She went outside and looked up to see the plane we were on flying over her ranch. I thought that was really cool.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 10:05 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: After the Army Recruiter picked me up from my house and took me to the bus station for the ride up to Columbus Ohio and spent the night there. The next morning, I was put on a shuttle bus to M.E.P.S. where I was processed again and then taken to the airport.

This was my first time flying so I asked for a window seat and I remember taking off. It was a boring flight and I really didn't see anything and got bored. After we landed in Chicago, we had about an hour to kill before our flight to Atlanta.

Now, we take off from Chicago and I can see the pollution line as we pass through it. It was really weird as we got higher and the air around Chicago was brown. I'll never forget that, I don't know why but to think that the air in Cincinnati was almost as bad.

After I got out of the Army, we moved out to the country.

I remember my flight to Chicago headed to boot camp.. Great Lakes Naval Training in the dead of winter.. Next morning 4am..REVEILLE REVEILLE! IT'S 49 BELOW ZERO!  crap... It never got any better..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The White Cliffs of Dover

Whales breaching the Ocean (I was in a helicopter)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I have a couple of them.

The first one I actually saw from the ground, but a plane caused it. In November of 2001 I saw the Pentagon when it still had a gaping hole in it.

The second would be flying up the east coast from Florida to Newark I saw NYC from air. The Statue if Liberty, twin towers, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building.... All of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Literally and Figuratively..

The north pole (or at least the artic circle)
Reply/Quote