Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooper doesn't think Jones should be suspended
(09-14-2015, 06:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but no one is complaining about that they are all bashing jones

Because it was caught on camera and Jones has a reputation. 

You clowns defending Jones are very lucky the old board is shut down.
I'd really enjoy looking up your opinions when guys did this shit to us...

I'm sure you all don't care about Kimo Von Olhoffen or Hines Ward....
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If Cooper didn't even no she hit his head on the helmet, then it couldn't have been that bad.  

If Jones got punched in the throat, then it was probably just a retaliation thing where he just kind of shoved his head in the direction of the helmet with no real intent of "I'm going to bash this guy's head into this helmet."

Absolutely.  There is no way he removed the helmet with the intention of his head hitting it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hines Ward BROKE A MANS JAW.
Kimo von Oelhoffen WRECKED A MANS KNEE.
Antonio Brown BROKE A MANS JAW AND PART OF HIS NECK.

Roger Goodell ,the Commissioner of the National Football League thus far.. SIDES WITH THE CLOWNS.
WHY DO  SOME OF YOU GUYS WANT TO BURY ONE OF YOUR OWN SO BAD AFTER A GREAT VICTORY? CAN YOU NOT BE HAPPY FOR ONE DAMN DAY?

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 08:50 PM)JADefense Wrote: Violently????

Sorry, I meant shove his head down in a slow manner against a hard helmet.

Yeah, that sounds better.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:27 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Sorry, I meant shove his head down in a slow manner against a hard helmet.

Yeah, that sounds better.

Sure does.  More accurate also. Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 09:36 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Hines Ward BROKE A MANS JAW.
Kimo von Oelhoffen WRECKED A MANS KNEE.
Antonio Brown BROKE A MANS JAW AND PART OF HIS NECK.

Roger Goodell ,the Commissioner of the National Football League thus far.. SIDES WITH THE CLOWNS.
WHY DO  SOME OF YOU GUYS WANT TO BURY ONE OF YOUR OWN SO BAD AFTER A GREAT VICTORY? CAN YOU NOT BE HAPPY FOR ONE DAMN DAY?

EVERYONE IS HAPPY
Just not everybody is okay with shitty stuff like Pacman pulled.

The only difference between what they did and what Pacman did, is that he got lucky and didn't hurt Cooper.

Here's a better example:
Andre Johnson vs Courtland Finnegan. 
Both ejected and fined.
Which is what should have happened as this was a FIGHT not a football play 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: EVERYONE IS HAPPY
Just not everybody is okay with shitty stuff like Pacman pulled.

The only difference between what they did and what Pacman did, is that he got lucky and didn't hurt Cooper.

Here's a better example:
Andre Johnson vs Courtland Finnegan. 
Both ejected and fined.
Which is what should have happened as this was a FIGHT not a football play 

Great to see that you are now acknowledging that this was a two sided affair, and not just a common thugging.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:23 PM)jjvolt Wrote: Just saw on pft...no suspension for jones.

Good! I'm sorry, but I just don't get the outrage over this. People make it sounde like Adam absolutely crushed his skull into the helmet... He didn't... He pushed it down against it one semi-hard time. Adam was sending him a message, not out to cause him harm. And with cooper even saying he didn't feel his head hit his helmet, that further proves my point. Not to mention, Cooper started that whole thing. This really isn't a big deal at all
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 08:52 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Are you actually being serious with this comparison? How in any way are the two similar?

For sure. How are they similar? They aren't similar offenses.  They're similar in the fact that people are saying that just because Cooper isn't wanting Pacman to get suspended, he shouldn't be.  Just because the victim doesn't want the offense to be taken seriously, does not mean that it shouldn't.

For the record, I don't think he should be suspended. I just think that the defense of "Well, Cooper is ok with it." is absurd.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 08:50 PM)JADefense Wrote: Violently????

Yes.  You don't call that violence????
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:29 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 1. You're a troll, no one takes anything you say seriously.

2. I've seen the tape, he took off his helmet, and pushed his head into it in a violent form, regardless what the impact or pain inflicted upon Cooper, it was malicious and an overreaction on his part from the throat shot (which I am aware is illegal since you can't stiff arm someone without the ball).

3. Who the Hell cares about what happens with teenage football in this case?
It was a "heat of the moment" reaction. You can't sit here typing saying Jones shouldn't have had a natural, heat of the moment reaction even though a majority of us on these boards have probably had a "heat of the moment" reaction for something less provoking. Albeit it probably isn't pushing someone's head into their helmet slightly, but then again how many are getting chopped in the throat? Cmon shit happens. He's a human. Just because he's a professional athlete or someone in a public spotlight you can't forget he's still a human. The league isn't punishing him more than the fine. I think that speaks for itself. It's a physical sport. if younger kids aren't supposed act like that then it's up to the parents and coaches to teach them and coach them.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 12:25 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yes.  You don't call that violence????

No, looking at the incident and the entire context  I don't.  

If Adam had "slammed" his head against the helmet several times with intent to hurt then I would consider it violent.  Adam pushed Cooper's head down once, the helmet happened to be in the way.  Anybody stating that he "slammed" his head into the helmet is simply wrong.

Do I condone the action, no.  Do I understand a heat-of-the moment reaction, I sure do.  Adam will get fined and the players will move on.  Unfortunately, some of the fans on this board will keep harping about it until the end of time.

Football is a violent sport.  This incident, while outside the rules of play, was not violent.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 12:44 AM)type_stripe Wrote: It was a "heat of the moment" reaction. You can't sit here typing saying Jones shouldn't have had a natural, heat of the moment reaction even though a majority of us on these boards have probably had a "heat of the moment" reaction for something less provoking. Albeit it probably isn't pushing someone's head into their helmet slightly, but then again how many are getting chopped in the throat? Cmon shit happens. He's a human. Just because he's a professional athlete or someone in a public spotlight you can't forget he's still a human. The league isn't punishing him more than the fine. I think that speaks for itself. It's a physical sport. if younger kids aren't supposed act like that then it's up to the parents and coaches to teach them and coach them.

Yes it was a heat of the moment, it doesn't make it any less worthy to warrant what should've been an ejection and a 1 game suspension. What Cooper did was illegal, but what Adam did as a reaction was much worse and I can't defend him removing a players helmet and using it against himself as a weapon. Or the punishment for that matter, which by the way, most of you were trashing the NFL discipline system one way or another recently.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:29 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 1. You're a troll, no one takes anything you say seriously.

2. I've seen the tape, he took off his helmet, and pushed his head into it in a violent form, regardless what the impact or pain inflicted upon Cooper, it was malicious and an overreaction on his part from the throat shot (which I am aware is illegal since you can't stiff arm someone without the ball).

3. Who the Hell cares about what happens with teenage football in this case?

missed that punch to the throat eh?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: missed that punch to the throat eh?

Probably not when he clearly referenced the shot to the throat in the post you just quoted. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Is this dirty? I thnk everyone agrees it is. But I actually don't mind it at all. Had he been suspended, i am fine with that also. I like the "chip on their shoulder" look they played with. I hope they can tone it down a bit with the penalties, but it was season opener and I am sure they wanted to come out fast and hard. Keep same intensity and don't rip someones helmet off to smash their head on it and we should be good to go.

Sounds like something VERY easy to correct.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 08:40 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: A man beats the shit out of his wife.  She doesn't want to press charges.  The state usually will anyway.   Should they not since the "victim" doesn't want them to?

Actually I always wondered about that. Yeah battered spouse syndrome and all that, but shouldn't it be the victim's call? I mean, otherwise you're just violating the victim AGAIN to serve your own sense of justice. Anyways, I'm probably wrong about this and it a discussion for elsewhere but it really makes me wonder what LEO is doing if the victim doesn't want action taken. It seems absurd to me. 

Edit: Since this is the football part of the forum, I made a thread to discuss this over on PnR if anyone is interested.

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Should-laws-be-enforced-despite-a-victim-s-wishes

Reply/Quote
This is why Cooper knows that Jones shouldn't be suspended:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/9/15/9328553/watch-amari-cooper-blatantly-punch-adam-jones-in-the-throat

https://vine.co/v/eF2FdO1P50m

Everybody bashing Jones, Cooper took a jab at his throat, whereas Jones just took off his helmet and lightly pushed it in that direction, so lightly that Cooper didn't even know his head had hit the helmet, so which is worse?
Reply/Quote
I hate when things like this happen in the sport not because of the altercation, but because the mass over reaction from media. I can show you story after story of people shot and killed in Cincinnati that receive less coverage than this. All the Hippocrates have mounted their soapboxes to fight on the behalf of head push victims everywhere.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:00 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Yes it was a heat of the moment, it doesn't make it any less worthy to warrant what should've been an ejection and a 1 game suspension. What Cooper did was illegal, but what Adam did as a reaction was much worse and I can't defend him removing a players helmet and using it against himself as a weapon. Or the punishment for that matter, which by the way, most of you were trashing the NFL discipline system one way or another recently.

You're assuming intent by watching a video.  The neck could have been flexed when pushed recoiled before contact was made. Injury was not sustained AT ALL and the other people didn't even feel his head connect to a helmet.  Can you analyze frame data to prove contact was made or not an optical illusion.

When he removed the helmet maybe he didn't realize when pushing the head that it had rolled back underneath the head.  In that split second maybe he pushed the head looking into his eyes and yelled " **** YOU " without realizing that a helmet was even there.

Would you hold someone in jail over night if someone told you that during a fight a person pushed someones head above an object laying on the ground, but no injury was sustained, the victim claimed no grievance, and the fight was a result of self defense in an adrenaline filled situation.

This all boils down to you not getting the justice you feel he deserves because its your opinion.  So you're going to stamp your feet and throw a temper tantrum.  Whats worse is that our Media doesn't just report facts, but states opinions meant to drive views by giving a story longevity.   So you feel justified in your stance.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote