Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cop At Center Of Manhunt Shot Himself
I guess it wasn't #blacklivesmatter.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/04/454575060/reports-investigation-finds-illinois-cop-at-center-of-manhunt-shot-himself?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=202604

Quote:Charles Joseph Gliniewicz, the Illinois police officer whose death this fall prompted a massive manhunt, actually shot himself, investigators have concluded.

During a press conference on Wednesday, Lake County Major Crime Task Force Cmdr. George Filenko said Gliniewicz committed suicide after he spent years stealing money from a police program that he oversaw.

"There are no winners," Filenko said. "Gliniewicz committed the ultimate betrayal to the citizens he served and the entire law enforcement community. The facts of his actions prove he behaved for years in a manner completely contrary to the image he portrayed."

If you remember, back in September, Gliniewicz, 52, radioed to dispatchers that he was in pursuit of three suspects. Dispatchers lost contact with him, and he was later found dead of a gunshot wound.

Federal and local authorities staged a huge manhunt, and Gliniewicz was honored with an 18-mile funeral procession.

Filenko said Gliniewicz fired two shots. The first hit his bulletproof vest. Then the officer carefully aimed his gun in between the vest and the carrier and fired a deadly round.

Filenko said after reviewing thousands of pages of documents and considering all scenarios, they came to the conclusion that Gliniewicz, who had experience staging criminal scenes for training purposes, was responsible for a "carefully staged suicide."

Thomas Rudd, the Lake County coroner, agreed with that conclusion.

Filenko said that text messages revealed that Gliniewicz may have been worried that an audit being conducted by the village of Fox Lake, Ill., would eventually reveal that he had been stealing from the community for seven years.

"I can tell you that eventually he would have been caught," Filenko said. "The village of Fox Lake had begun conducting an internal audit of all its assets and that was [his] concern — that the audit was going to uncover his financial malfeasance."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
So is the manhunt over?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I feel bad for his family.
Not only the embarrassment, but I'd wager this will quite possibly negate his life insurance and pension.
Sad
So, he was concerned about the embarrassment of the embezzlement discovery, and then he wastes how many thousands of dollars likely spent on the manhunt by staging a crime?
I wonder how many innocent people were 'disappeared' in conjunction with the misguided manhunt for this worthless bastard's unobtainable murderer
(11-04-2015, 04:43 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I feel bad for his family.
Not only the embarrassment, but I'd wager this will quite possibly negate his life insurance and pension.
Sad

I'd wager that is why he staged his suicide as a murder in the first place.  That and a fear of prison gang rape.
(11-04-2015, 09:38 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'd wager that is why he staged his suicide as a murder in the first place.  That and a fear of prison gang rape.

Do they send police officers to prison?  Honest question.
(11-04-2015, 04:43 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I feel bad for his family.
Sad

you know, funny thing.  most life insurance policies have a 3 year wait for suicide and after that they pay out.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(11-04-2015, 10:14 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: you know, funny thing.  most life insurance policies have a 3 year wait for suicide and after that they pay out.

I did not know that.
(11-04-2015, 11:12 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I did not know that.

Well yeah I mean what if you have it for 20 years?  The wait is just to avoid someone getting it who is planning on suicide.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-04-2015, 09:49 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Do they send police officers to prison?  Honest question.

3 months paid suspension is usually the max.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
As usual, the people who bought into the phony narrative hook line and sinker will be nowhere in sight as they race to discover new shit that might stick.
(11-05-2015, 05:02 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: As usual, the people who bought into the phony narrative hook line and sinker will be nowhere in sight as they race to discover new shit that might stick.

What phony narrative?  All I saw reported was he pulled over 3 people, believed to be robbers and reported as 2 white males and a black male, and got shot.  That it was a staged suicide doesn't exactly equate to a "phony narrative".

Really, until reading this thread I had no idea this was a #BLM false flag.
(11-05-2015, 05:35 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: What phony narrative?  All I saw reported was he pulled over 3 people, believed to be robbers and reported as 2 white males and a black male, and got shot.  That it was a staged suicide doesn't exactly equate to a "phony narrative".

Really, until reading this thread I had no idea this was a #BLM false flag.

Well, now you know.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/563ba681e4b0b24aee4953db

He allegedly tried to set up a hit on a local official, too.

It's very telling how this story, initially conceived by the media as an example of how we're all being too critical of the police these days, has actually become a great example of police corruption and selfishness.

On a sidenote, I re-read GM'S op... Does anyone else wonder why, exactly, this officer had learned how to "stage" crime scenes for "training purposes"? Is it standard procedure to teach officers how to make up phony crimes?
(11-05-2015, 05:45 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/563ba681e4b0b24aee4953db

He allegedly tried to set up a hit on a local official, too.

It's very telling how this story, initially conceived by the "Conservative" media as an example of how we're all being too critical of the police these days, has actually become a great example of police corruption and selfishness.

On a sidenote, I re-read GM'S op... Does anyone else wonder why, exactly, this officer had learned how to "stage" crime scenes for "training purposes"? Is it standard procedure to teach officers how to make up phony crimes?

LOL...I just wanted to add that because I always find that my Conservative friends require a moniker in front of the word media when describing why they are outraged with it.  I felt like you might be confusing them by simply writing the word "media".   Cool
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(11-05-2015, 05:45 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: [url=http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/563ba681e4b0b24aee4953db][/url]
It's very telling how this story, initially conceived by the media as an example of how we're all being too critical of the police these days, has actually become a great example of police corruption and selfishness.

Good lord.  So, if I'm understanding you correct, that the majority of officers risk their lives every day and are generally good police, is a phony narrative because this guy staged his suicide?

And then, instead this cop - whom you've just highlighted as an example of a phony narrative - is a great example of police corruption and selfishness?  Does that not seem even a little bit hypocritical to you?

How about this is one cop and it doesn't prove anything or disprove anything or say much of anything about cops in general?

And in order to train people you need to set up realistic, plausible crime scenes.  I think you got very, very confused of what "staging" meant in this context.
(11-05-2015, 06:46 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Good lord.  So, if I'm understanding you correct, that the majority of officers risk their lives every day and are generally good police, is a phony narrative because this guy staged his suicide?

I'm glad you asked if you're understanding me correctly, because no, you aren't. The idea that Black Lives Matter was stirring up anti-police sentiment to the point that good, upstanding, law-abiding, non-corrupt police officers were getting killed was a phony narrative.

Quote:And then, instead this cop - whom you've just highlighted as an example of a phony narrative - is a great example of police corruption and selfishness?  Does that not seem even a little bit hypocritical to you?

How about this is one cop and it doesn't prove anything or disprove anything or say much of anything about cops in general?

*I* was not the one who said it proved anything about "cops in general". You're making my point for me. It was a bad idea for the anti-BLM movement to make this cop their new poster boy, because it ended up backfiring now that we know he was actually exactly the kind of corrupt cop BLM and other advocates for police reform are talking about.

I agree that we should not be making wide-ranging stereotypical blanket statements about "cops in general" either way, which is why I'm befuddled as to why you, not me, keep using the phrase. Perhaps you can explain.

Quote:And in order to train people you need to set up realistic, plausible crime scenes.  I think you got very, very confused of what "staging" meant in this context.

Not sure why you would presume me to be "very, very confused". I asked a legitimate question about whether it is standard procedure for police to be trained on how to stage crimes based on a sentence from the story. I didn't have my mind made up either way; thus the question. But your explanation seems pretty plausible, so thanks for that.

If he was the one doing the training and was setting up crimes for the purpose of instructing others, then that is a plausible explanation.
(11-04-2015, 09:49 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Do they send police officers to prison?  Honest question.

Who do you mean by they?
(11-05-2015, 05:45 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: On a sidenote, I re-read GM'S op... Does anyone else wonder why, exactly, this officer had learned how to "stage" crime scenes for "training purposes"? Is it standard procedure to teach officers how to make up phony crimes?

I thought it was to teach police officers what to look for to identify if a crime scene had been staged after the fact.  Like someone staging a murder to appear like justifiable self defense.