Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordarrelle Patterson
They opted not to use the 5th year option. Would you trade Tate and a 6th.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 08:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: They opted not to use the 5th year option. Would you trade Tate and a 6th.

I would love it but not gonna happen

Not sure how much his price tag is right now anyways. As long as his only role is KR and PR then good. He is never going to be a wr in this league lol
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 08:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: They opted not to use the 5th year option. Would you trade Tate and a 6th.

I think it would cost Tate and a 5th or nobody and a 6th, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No. I don't want a player who is too dumb to learn the playbook. The days of Jerome Simpson types here is over.

And as I have said before .... Once tate is gone we will miss him.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No.   I don't want a player who is too dumb to learn the playbook.   The days of Jerome Simpson types here is over.

Hilarious You forgot the  Ninja
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No.   I don't want a player who is too dumb to learn the playbook.   The days of Jerome Simpson types here is over.

Good thing Tate isnt "too dumb"

But yeah man, I'm gonna miss my kick returner returning it 7-8 yards deep when he should take the touchback. Im gonna miss him giving us horrible field position, oh and im gonna miss his massive contribution at the receiver position!

How could we replace his production and IQ?
Reply/Quote

Tate seems to be an overall more consistant player.... so no... Plus just because they didnt grab the option just means they dont wanna pay the average of the top 3-25 contracts. because HES NOT WORTH IT!!!!!

they might still resign to a smaller deal.

But this dude has trouble getting himself on the field it seems
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 10:45 AM)Element Wrote: Good thing Tate isnt "too dumb"

But yeah man, I'm gonna miss my kick returner returning it 7-8 yards deep when he should take the touchback. Im gonna miss him giving us horrible field position, oh and im gonna miss his massive contribution at the receiver position!

How could we replace his production and IQ?

apparently with someone WORSE... like Patterson
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 10:45 AM)Element Wrote: Im gonna miss him giving us horrible field position, 

We had the 4th best drive starting Line of Scrimmage in the NFL last year. But don't let that stop a good rant. 

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 10:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We had the 4th best drive starting Line of Scrimmage in the NFL last year. But don't let that stop a good rant. 

And you really think Tate had anything to do with that? Hilarious
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 12:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: apparently with someone WORSE... like Patterson

I don't see a ninja, so I'm going to assume you seriously believe this. 

As a KR

Patterson: 109 returns, 30.1 yard avg, 4 TDs in 3 seasons (1st team All-Pro in 2013)
Tate: 190 returns, 24.6 yard avg, 2 TDs in 6 seasons

As a WR

Patterson: 80 catches, 863 yards, 5 TDs in 3 seasons
Tate: 57 catches, 901 yards, 6 TDs in 6 seasons

Patterson is also younger, bigger and faster. Literally the only thing Tate has on Patterson is that CP has never returned punts at the NFL level. Patterson has been a phenomenal KR though and the more productive WR.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

You may. I will not miss a KR who had to be stopped by his own teammate from running the ball out of the back of the end zone for a third time in a game. 
Reply/Quote
I don't expect the Bengals to get rid of any picks for Patterson, especially for just one year of use.

They need to see if Alford can contribute as a returner this year. If not, Tate hits FA (again) next year and the Bengals could bring in Patterson without losing any picks.
KR becomes less of a priority now anyway with touchbacks starting at the 25. I don't expect every KO to be kicked to the just before the goal line such that a KR always happens either.

The bigger need is to find a stud PR outside of Adam Jones.
Tyler Boyd has done both KR and PR, averaging 24.4 YPKR and 8.8 YPPR.
Frankie Williams (UDFA) has done bone KR and (primarily) PR, averaging 23 YPKR and 10.6 YPPR.
Alford was practically only a KR (26.3 avg) but did have 3 PR for -13 yards. IIRC, the Bengals didn't want to use him as a returner last year because he needed work as a PR.
Patterson has been a stud as a KR, but done 0 PRs in the NFL and just 4 in college (101 yds and a TD), so he MIGHT be able to be a very good PR in the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 10:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't see a ninja, so I'm going to assume you seriously believe this. 

As a KR

Patterson: 109 returns, 30.1 yard avg, 4 TDs in 3 seasons (1st team All-Pro in 2013)
Tate: 190 returns, 24.6 yard avg, 2 TDs in 6 seasons

As a WR

Patterson: 80 catches, 863 yards, 5 TDs in 3 seasons
Tate: 57 catches, 901 yards, 6 TDs in 6 seasons

Patterson is also younger, bigger and faster. Literally the only thing Tate has on Patterson is that CP has never returned punts at the NFL level. Patterson has been a phenomenal KR though and the more productive WR.

tate doesnt get any reps at WR... or barely any.. if patterson is a full time guy those are HORRIBLE stats. for 1st rounder. or WR even general over 3 years.

He is not a good WR if we were looking at him for KR.PR duties maybe but we have jones for that as well. I had high hopes for this kid when he came out but hes not done anything to make me want him on my team
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 12:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: tate doesnt get any reps at WR... or barely any.. if patterson is a full time guy those are HORRIBLE stats. for 1st rounder. or WR even general over 3 years.

He is not a good WR if we were looking at him for KR.PR duties maybe but we have jones for that as well.   I had high hopes for this kid when he came out but hes not done anything to make me want him on my team

Well Patterson IS NOT a full time guy. He has 14 starts spread across 3 seasons and barely touched the field as a WR last year.

Did you know that Tate once started 10 games (played in all 16) and posted only 432 yards while playing with the GOAT QB? Talk about horrible...

Btw, what does draft status have to do with anything at all? Fact remains, Patterson has been a better returner and WR than Brandon Tate.

It's not debatable with anything factual.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Pass, I kicked him off my fantasy team long ago. (Patterson that is)
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 12:44 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Pass, I kicked him off my fantasy team long ago. (Patterson that is)

Has Brandon Tate ever been on your fantasy team? That's who Patterson would be replacing (theoretically).
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure Patterson could fill Tate's minimal offensive snaps. In terms of KR/PR, I'll take Patterson all day.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 10:15 PM)cinci4life Wrote: And you really think Tate had anything to do with that? Hilarious

Sure he did; as our Defense allowed the 9th most yards per drive and we had the 4th best starting LOS.

WTS, it was a simple reply to Tate giving us bad field position. Which is just something, someone made up because they don't like the player.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 04:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm pretty sure Patterson could fill Tate's minimal offensive snaps. In terms of KR/PR, I'll take Patterson all day.

I'd trade Tate for a good haircut.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote