Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordarrelle Patterson
(05-09-2016, 12:59 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm pretty sure that includes starting position after punts as well and not just on kickoffs. We had good field position after punts due to the defense.

Tate's KO returns sucked.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/11873/bengals-brandon-tate-kick-return-fumble-defends

https://www.reddit.com/r/cincinnati/comments/2iexvj/brandon_tate_vs_a_hamster/

Pos Repped.. bfine throws stats and hopes no one actually digs in, its hilarious watching Fred call him out on it and then watching him backtrack.

I believe this whole galaxy knows Tate isnt a great returner but leave it to him to find a useless/ignorant stat.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 11:24 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Since this is a thread about Cordarelle Patterson, how is CP more likely to cost us a game than Brandon Tate? Patterson has only fumbled once every 106.5 touches in his career, while Tate has fumbled once every 68.5 touches.

Besides fumbles, I'm having trouble thinking of anything obvious that a returner could do to cost you a game. I suppose mental blunders could cost us field position. We all know Tate has a stellar record there.

No doubt in my mind Patterson is the better football player, have no idea about how he is in the locker room. I do know he makes 3 times the money Tate makes so the only question is Patterson worth Tate + the player the Bengals may have to cut to fit into the cap/cash plan the Bengals have developed. I like Patterson, but mot sure if I like him f we lose Tate and say V. Rey for financial reasons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 04:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No doubt in my mind Patterson is the better football player, have no idea about how he is in the locker room. I do know he makes 3 times the money Tate makes so the only question is Patterson worth Tate + the player the Bengals may have to cut to fit into the cap/cash plan the Bengals have developed. I like Patterson, but mot sure if I like him f we lose Tate and say V. Rey for financial reasons.

Cordarrelle Patterson is set to make $2.297 million this year. A near equivalent is Tate ($1.024M) + Hunt ($1.168M). All set to hit FA after this season.
It gives the Bengals a reclamation WR project and good KR. It gives the Vikings a decent returner replacement and a reclamation DE/DT project.

Might work if Zimmer had any faith in Hunt.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just want to point out that right now Patterson is a Viking.

All talk of making him a bengal is just wishful thinking unless he is released. I orifgginally thought the Vikes might let him go after drafting 2 WRs, but if he is only making less than $3 million I doubt they will cut him.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 10:15 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Cordarrelle Patterson is set to make $2.297 million this year. A near equivalent is Tate ($1.024M) + Hunt ($1.168M). All set to hit FA after this season.
It gives the Bengals a reclamation WR project and good KR. It gives the Vikings a decent returner replacement and a reclamation DE/DT project.

Might work if Zimmer had any faith in Hunt.

Zimmer isn't going to trade one of the league's best return men and a possible #2 or #3 WR for two players he doesn't need. He has a returner (Patterson) and has DEs in Robinson, Hunter, and Griffen. Granted, Griffen has fallen off as of late but still better than Hunt.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 02:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Zimmer isn't going to trade one of the league's best return men and a possible #2 or #3 WR for two players he doesn't need. He has a returner (Patterson) and has DEs in Robinson, Hunter, and Griffen. Granted, Griffen has fallen off as of late but still better than Hunt.

Patterson's possibility as a #2 or #3 WR in the Vikings offense is about as strong as Hunt's possibility as being the #2 or #3 DE on the Bengals. Both are long shots and might have a better chance to be something on the other team.

Patterson has the following WRs in front of him:
Diggs
Wright
Johnson
Treadwell

Hunt was drafted when Zimmer was the DC. Zimmer may think there's still hope for Hunt and Hunt may do better on Zimmer's defense. That was why I mentioned Hunt.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 03:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Patterson's possibility as a #2 or #3 WR in the Vikings offense is about as strong as Hunt's possibility as being the #2 or #3 DE on the Bengals. Both are long shots and might have a better chance to be something on the other team.

Patterson has the following WRs in front of him:
Diggs
Wright
Johnson
Treadwell

Hunt was drafted when Zimmer was the DC. Zimmer may think there's still hope for Hunt and Hunt may do better on Zimmer's defense. That was why I mentioned Hunt.

Not really, because MJ and Dunlap are both starters. There's no question about that at all. Who comes up next? Clarke or Hunt?

And how is Johnson ahead of Patterson at all with his 9 receptions last year? Patterson is able to compete for a #2 or #3 starting role.

Sure, I'd like Diggs and Treadwell. Wright had some decent moments, but so has Patterson. It's an open battle for some starting spots on the receiving end. Heck, Treadwell could shoot up to #1.

Zimmer might have faith in Hunt, but there's no way you trade one of the league's best returners for a project. I understand what you're saying, but Zimmer wouldn't do that.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Good on madden but not the guy we need.

Dude needed to figure it out at another position other than returner he hasn't. At this point his lack of versility makes him a waste of a roster spot.

Even Devin Hester made himself into a solid WR and all he heard his whole career was how he's god on punt returns.

If Hester learned another position then EVERYONE has to. Hester is possibly the best return man ever
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No.   I don't want a player who is too dumb to learn the playbook.   The days of Jerome Simpson types here is over.

And as I have said before .... Once tate is gone we will miss him.

Eh, as much as i don't like Patterson's mental state and i am not a Tater hater, Patterson is a better returner
than Tate and could be argued a better WR. I would take Patterson over Tate without blinking.

I think the Tate hate on this board is a bit much too.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 02:48 AM)Housh Wrote: Good on madden but not the guy we need.

Dude needed to figure it out at another position other than returner he hasn't. At this point his lack of versility makes him a waste of a roster spot.

Even Devin Hester made himself into a solid WR and all he heard his whole career was how he's god on punt returns.

If Hester learned another position then EVERYONE has to. Hester is possibly the best return man ever

I would argue that having it "figured out" at one position is more than Brandon Tate can say.

I would also argue that our coaches have turned around disappointing 1st round players before, and at least there would be some hope for Patterson as a WR here. Unlike Tate, who we know for sure brings zilch as a WR and is worse on returns than Patterson.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote