Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn + Dre Kirkpatrick - Still Here...
(02-25-2020, 04:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: .Dre Kirkpatrick will make $9.4 million this year and would get that much or more if he was a current free agent.

Um, no. No he would not. What a ridiculous statement.
(02-25-2020, 06:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Um, no. No he would not. What a ridiculous statement.

What a ridiculous statement.
(02-25-2020, 04:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fans:  We have to bring in more high priced players.  That is the simple answer to winning more games.

Bengals:  We just traded for the 8th highest paid tackle in the league, Cordy Glenn.

Fans 2 years later:  We need to get rid of Glenn and bring in more high priced players.  That is the simple answer to winning more games.

Glenn seems to have an attitude problem, but when healthy and playing he is not grossly overpaid.  Dre Kirkpatrick will make $9.4 million this year and would get that much or more if he was a current free agent.

If you release both of those guys you are not going to save much, if any, when replacing them in free agency.

Why do you pretend to not understand things? Just because people were happy when we traded for Glenn doesn't mean they are hypocrites for wanting him gone when he was a disappointment.

Not sure what you mean on the last sentence. We're not trying to save Mike Brown money, we're trying to replace dead weight with better players. Dre and Glenn aren't getting it done. That's $20 million we could use in free agency on players that could actually contribute, potentially.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(02-26-2020, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What a ridiculous statement.

Lol. No one believes you. Dre is not very good.
(02-26-2020, 05:08 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lol.  No one believes you.   Dre is not very good.

Lol.  I heard the same crap about Domata Peko.  

Then the Broncos signed him to start on the best defense in the league and they paid him more in '17 than the Bengals did his last year here.

Sometimes the message board mob does not know what they are talking about.
No reason to cut either until an upgrade is acquired or the cap is needed..
(02-26-2020, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lol.  I heard the same crap about Domata Peko.  

Then the Broncos signed him to start on the best defense in the league and they paid him more than we were.

Denver was ranked third in defense in 2017 and seventeenth in 2018. Sometimes the message board mob wants to make up crap to fit their narrative i.e. doesn't know what they are talking about. I seriously doubt that Peko was the key reason that Denver's defense was rated third. While Billings hasn't done much better Peko was a middling player who fed off the double teams that Geno got to make a name for himself. He signed with Denver for $750,000 less per year with Denver and signed with Baltimore for 3 mil less. Tell me again how great Peko is.
(02-26-2020, 05:45 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Tell me again how great Peko is.

From '08 to '15 he helped anchor a Bengal defense that was 5th in yards allowed, 5th in tds allowed and 7th in rushing yards allowed, and over that period Peko was NUMBER ONE in the league in tackles by an interior lineman.

Peko...........388
Ngata.........379
K. Williams..377

Or you could just ask Mike Zimmer or the Denver front office that built that Super Bowl winning defense.  Unless you want to claim that you know more about NFL defensive players than they did. LOL
(02-26-2020, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lol.  I heard the same crap about Domata Peko.  

Then the Broncos signed him to start on the best defense in the league and they paid him more than we were.

They went 5-11 n 6-10 in 2017 n 2018
(02-26-2020, 06:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From '08 to '15 he helped anchor a Bengal defense that was 5th in yards allowed, 5th in tds allowed and 7th in rushing yards allowed, and over that period Peko was NUMBER ONE in the league in tackles by an interior lineman.

Peko...........388
Ngata.........379
K. Williams..377

Or you could just ask Mike Zimmer or the Denver front office that built that Super Bowl winning defense.  Unless you want to claim that you know more about NFL defensive players than they did. LOL
 Why did you leave out your statement about the #1 defense in Denver? Or maybe how they paid him more than the Bengals did? You call out other on this board for misrepresenting the facts but when someone calls you out you change the narrative instead of admitting you lied.
(02-26-2020, 07:40 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Why did you leave out your statement about the #1 defense in Denver? Or maybe how they paid him more than the Bengals did? You call out other on this board for misrepresenting the facts but when someone calls you out you change the narrative instead of admitting you lied.

Fred does this sometimes, he likes to leave out the part that proves his point wrong.

He just loves to argue no matter what even if he is wrong.

Sometimes he is right, sometimes he is wrong, but he leaves out that part lol
Hobson posted an article yesterday saying the Bengals plan to move on from Glenn, and ProFootballTalk posted a story this morning. I think that unofficially puts him on the trading block to the rest of the league. Hopefully they can get a bag of balls (or more) for him.
(02-27-2020, 10:08 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Hobson posted an article yesterday saying the Bengals plan to move on from Glenn, and ProFootballTalk posted a story this morning. I think that unofficially puts him on the trading block to the rest of the league. Hopefully they can get a bag of balls (or more) for him.

with the way OL is in this league... Someone probly takes a chance on him
(02-27-2020, 10:08 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Hobson posted an article yesterday saying the Bengals plan to move on from Glenn, and ProFootballTalk posted a story this morning. I think that unofficially puts him on the trading block to the rest of the league. Hopefully they can get a bag of balls (or more) for him.

Finally something from Hobspin I like to hear...
(02-26-2020, 07:40 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Why did you leave out your statement about the #1 defense in Denver? Or maybe how they paid him more than the Bengals did? You call out other on this board for misrepresenting the facts but when someone calls you out you change the narrative instead of admitting you lied.

Denver paid Peko more in 2017 ($3.8 M) than the Bengals paid him in 2016 ($3.725 M). https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/domata-peko-1374/cash-earnings/

As for the Broncos having the number 3 defense instead of the number 1 I will admit that you are correct, but it doesn't really effect the point I was making.  People around here were claiming that the fact we were starting Peko was "proof that the Bengals don't care about winning".  He was probably the number one target for the haters and squealers around here.  Then a team that was just one year removed from winning the Super Bowl not only signs him to start for them but they pay him more than the Bengals were.
(02-27-2020, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Denver paid Peko more in 2017 ($3.8 M) than the Bengals paid him in 2016 ($3.725 M). https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/domata-peko-1374/cash-earnings/

As for the Broncos having the number 3 defense instead of the number 1 I will admit that you are correct, but it doesn't really effect the point I was making.  People around here were claiming that the fact we were starting Peko was "proof that the Bengals don't care about winning".  He was probably the number one target for the haters and squealers around here.  Then a team that was just one year removed from winning the Super Bowl not only signs him to start for them but they pay him more than the Bengals were.

The Bengals signed him to two years 9 mil contract and Denver signed him to a two year 7.5 mil contract. Tell me again how Denver paid more for him. Baltimore picked him up for peanuts. I guess we could have kept him and been happy with his declining play. Peko was being pushed around and not anchoring the middle. He was still making tackles but it was five yards downfield.
(03-01-2020, 10:34 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Peko was being pushed around and not anchoring the middle. He was still making tackles but it was five yards downfield.

Thanks for the perfect exampl of make believe BS that gets passed of a facts here.

Footballoutsiders keeps track of yrads gained on tackles.  Peko's last year with the Bengals he ranked in the top half of staring DTs (28th) in rush yards per tackle (1.7).  He ranked even higher (24th) in "stop percentage" which judges the success of a tackle based on yards gained and down-and distance.  For example a tackle for a three yard gain is a "stop" on first down, but not on third and 2.

In 2017 Peko played even better for the Broncos finishing 8th in "stop percentage" and 26th in rush yards per tackle.  Meanwhile our rush defense went to complete shit (30th) with him gone.
(03-01-2020, 10:34 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Bengals signed him to two years 9 mil contract and Denver signed him to a two year 7.5 mil contract. Tell me again how Denver paid more for him.

(02-27-2020, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Denver paid Peko more in 2017 ($3.8 M) than the Bengals paid him in 2016 ($3.725 M). https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/domata-peko-1374/cash-earnings/

Go find someone who understands 3rd grade math to explain it to yoiu.
(03-02-2020, 11:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Go find someone who understands 3rd grade math to explain it to yoiu.

The Bengals contract was for nine million and the Denver contract was seven and a half.  $4.5mil is >3.75mil in any math class. I guess it must be Fred's "New Math". BTW I talked to a third grader and he said you failed.
(03-02-2020, 12:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Bengals contract was for nine million and the Denver contract was seven and a half.  $4.5mil is >3.75mil in any math class. I guess it must be Fred's "New Math". BTW I talked to a third grader and he said you failed.

So you don't realize that NFL contracts have yearly slaries?  You think they just get one lump sum for the full amount when they sign?