Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn a F/A Now to bring in 2020, or Josh Kline?
The O Line is bad, Burrow is getting hammered every play.  How much would it cost to bring Glenn in rest of year, put him at RT ?   Is it Salary Cap possible ?  Would he sign for just rest of year ?  Hart could go back to RG ?  The O Line is bad, so looking to F/A pool.

Larry Warford RG Pro Bowl last 3 years for Saints choose not to play covid 2020 as did some others.  The Kentucky Wildcat would be a nice addition in 2021 and sure would fix RG spot.   Someone would have to explain to Mike Brown why you pay a Guard, he didn't understand why with Montoya or Zeitler.

But as for now,  Cordy Glenn last played for Bengals and has not opted out of 2020 due to Covid.  We could bring him in, and Williams Left and Glenn Right just might help this sorry blocking.

If not Glenn back, how about Josh Kline RG now in 2020.  Nothing saying he has opted out of 2020 or career injured retired. He looks available.

Looking at list of 50 best F/A on NFLTR....I see Glenn or Kline....in 2021 Warford would be nice addition.  Can they sign him now and put his contract pay starting 2021 and on reserve 2020 covid opt out list as a Bengal ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Glenn did not want to play when he was here, what makes you think bringing him back would change his mind?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 03:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Glenn did not want to play when he was here, what makes you think bringing him back would change his mind?

It was not that he did not want to play, he missed 3 games 2018 due to injury. In 2019 a concussion and then a short suspension over treatment of concussion violation.  Bengals decided not to resign contract after 2019.  Could we get him for rest of 2020 to play RT or RG ???.....If not Glenn, then how about Kline for rest of 2020 at RG ???....The Bengals O Line is awful and getting someone on to help now in 2020 to keep Burrow from getting killed seems more than needed. I'm all for Warford in 2021, adding a Pro Bowl guard would help, but Bengals need outside help brought in to get through 2020, because this line isn't cutting it. It just doesn't jive.

Looking at Bengals O Line first 5 games and Burrow already taking 16 games worth of hits due to no blocking, Drastic Times Call For Drastic Measures. I have no idea if a Glenn or a Kline will help, but Bengals should add somebody to try to protect Burrow better rest of season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Whatever move you make, it needs to be through (at least) next year, as this year is likely already lost.
With that said, Josh Kline would be an upgrade over the guards they currently have.
Kline at RG, then put XSF at LG once he's back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I imagine a Bengals/Glenn reunion would work out as well as Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson second marriage.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 07:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I imagine a Bengals/Glenn reunion would work out as well as Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson second marriage.

Wait..what!?? They were married? I thought it was Tommy Lee of Motley Crue?
Reply/Quote
It wasn't just the coaches and management that Glenn had a bad relationship with. He was also unpopular in the locker room.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 08:05 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Wait..what!?? They were married? I thought it was Tommy Lee of Motley Crue?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1292576001
Reply/Quote
I'd be fine with giving Kline a look on a two year deal. Get him the rest of this one and potentially next year for depth.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Here's a pretty good report/breakdown/analysis of Josh Kline, when he was brought to the Vikings. (Lots of play clips, worth the watch/read) It seems that scheme definitely plays a role in OL's ability to produce to their strengths. This guy has the tape that shows some aggressive execution, as well as tenacity to follow a play to the whistle.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/3/24/18277636/josh-kline-minnesota-vikings-new-right-guard

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Undefeated Titans just lost all pro OT Lewan to ACL injury. If Glenn is valued at all, they will sign him. Why would Glenn want to play for a crappy Bengals team with little shot of success in 2020?

Bengals need to cut/trade Dunlap.

They need to trade Green and Atkins prior to the deadline. We are in a rebuild, old guys will slow the progression as we waste valuable roster spots and a lot of cap money. We need to take their cap money and reinvest it in the OL in the coming years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote