Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn has not returned
He is not coming back. We need to sign a player to fill his spot on the roster.

Isn't there some sort of "permanent suspension" list that is different from just releasing the player.
Reply/Quote
Trade em
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if the NFL has a designation similar to that of a soldier being sent to Leavenworth, for conduct unbecoming to the uniformed services. But, it would appear as he would certainly deserve it, if there were such a disciplinary condition in NFL speak.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not coming back.  We need to sign a player to fill his spot on the roster.

Isn't there some sort of "permanent suspension" list that is different from just releasing the player.

Maybe the Bengals can file a grievance with the league or the NFLPA? If Glenn is cleared to play and doesn't show up he should be punished by those with the power to do so.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not coming back. We need to sign a player to fill his spot on the roster.

Please elaborate, Fred. Is Cordy Glenn doing something similar to what Antonio Brown did in Oakland? Or, alternatively, is this following the Carson Palmer pattern?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:05 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Trade em

That's most likely what Glenn wants. I hope the league voids his contract and forces him to sit out the rest of the year; be nice if he had to pay back some if not all of his salary he has already been paid this season also. There are too many of these players pulling this crap around the league, sitting out not playing or threatening to hold out if they don't get what they want. They signed these contracts, they need to live up to them.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not coming back.  We need to sign a player to fill his spot on the roster.

Let the exodus begin. While Glenn may not be a top player, he's clearly better than any of the other tackles on the team and he's basically the 4th lineman calling it quits on the Bengals. Turner sure is some coach, isn't he?

Reply/Quote
Glenn sure screwed them over.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:42 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Glenn sure screwed them over.

My head says, “He should honor his contract and play.”

My heart says, “Serves them right!”
Reply/Quote
Someone cue the Benny Hill music
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:05 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Trade em

At $9.4 million this season and $9.5 million next season, who would take on that contract for an oft injured aging tackle who's just missed half of a season with a concussion.

And to think Trent Williams would consider coming here? Not likely.

Reply/Quote

That's kinda some female dog stuff there...
Reply/Quote
The Bengals can just fine Glenn an amount equal to his game check every week. Cordy can file a grievance with the NFLPA but good luck with that after an independent doctor has cleared you.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Bengals can just fine Glenn an amount equal to his game check every week. Cordy can file a grievance with the NFLPA but good luck with that after an independent doctor has cleared you.

That sounds like a completely fair way to handle it, to guys like you and I.  But, how does that work in actuality?  When a team fines a player, must they first pay the player, then demand the money?  Or, can they withhold the money due to the player, in lieu of the fines?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Bengals can just fine Glenn an amount equal to his game check every week. Cordy can file a grievance with the NFLPA but good luck with that after an independent doctor has cleared you.

That sounds like a completely fair way to handle it, to guys like you and I.  But, how does that work in actuality?  When a team fines a player, must they first pay the player, then demand the money?  Or, can they withhold the money due to the player, in lieu of the fines?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If you don’t want to play then quit. Otherwise, eff you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
I remember being called out for saying most big name free agents don't want to come here. Well, looks like lazy quitters also think putting on the uniform isn't worth it. Needs a culture change of getting rid of/not signing questionable people. It has started, just need to go all out.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:46 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: That's kinda some female dog stuff there...

[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That sounds like a completely fair way to handle it, to guys like you and I.  But, how does that work in actuality?  When a team fines a player, must they first pay the player, then demand the money?  Or, can they withhold the money due to the player, in lieu of the fines?

If he's been cleared by doctors and refuses to practice/play he automatically forfeits his pay doesn't he ?
Reply/Quote