Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn has not returned
(10-21-2019, 09:37 PM)Destro Wrote: I remember being called out for saying most big name free agents don't want to come here. Well, looks like lazy quitters also think putting on the uniform isn't worth it. Needs a culture change of getting rid of/not signing questionable people. It has started, just need to go all out.

Marvin did change the culture some. The culture is reset now.

When you hire your 6th choice as a DC...the players see that and laugh about it and I takes some wind out of their sails.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not sure if the NFL has a designation similar to that of a soldier being sent to Leavenworth, for conduct unbecoming to the uniformed services.  But, it would appear as he would certainly deserve it, if there were such a disciplinary condition in NFL speak.

That's why NFL owners should actually try to make their franchises not suck so they can actually punish players by trading them elsewhere.  Sadly, the NFL version of being sent to Leavenworth would be being traded to the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's why NFL owners should actually try to make their franchises not suck so they can actually punish players by trading them elsewhere.  Sadly, the NFL version of being sent to Leavenworth would be being traded to the Bengals.

I can just see Belicheck telling his young players that they better "Do your job", or I'll ship you to Cincinnati for a bag of peanuts and a bowl of chili.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I can just see Belicheck telling his young players that they better "Do your job", or I'll ship you to Cincinnati for a bag of peanuts and a bowl of chili.

Hell, this whole situation started because Cordy Glenn was traded to the Bengals...we are football hell.  Even crappy NFL teams have some hope that they'll go all in on a boom or bust free agent or players there can at least get free gatorade and not have to practice outdoors all year.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I can just see Belicheck telling his young players that they better "Do your job", or I'll ship you to Cincinnati for a bag of peanuts and a bowl of chili.

"You're off to Cincinnati"

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's why NFL owners should actually try to make their franchises not suck so they can actually punish players by trading them elsewhere.  Sadly, the NFL version of being sent to Leavenworth would be being traded to the Bengals.

Ideally, the time to decide to do that would have been like 1995. After sucking for 30 years...the perception is hard to change!

Heck, even they got rid of Marvin 3-4 years too late.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not coming back.  We need to sign a player to fill his spot on the roster.

Isn't there some sort of "permanent suspension" list that is different from just releasing the player.

The Reserve/Left Squad list would apply in this case.
Reply/Quote
Trade him and anyone who doesn't want to be here and you can get anything for. There is zero point to prove by hanging on to him. Trade him, move on and hope the guys who stay buy into the system
Reply/Quote
At what point do you question the "leader" of the team these guys are supposed to be motivated to block for?

Shows how much they think of Dalton.

This little chump ass turd aint even worth my time and millions of dollars....

my god.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 01:37 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: At what point do you question the "leader" of the team these guys are supposed to be motivated to block for?

Shows how much they think of Dalton.

This little chump ass turd aint even worth my time and millions of dollars....

my god.

Dude, if you are blaming this on Dalton your obsession has taken you over the edge.

You need to seek some professional help.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Reserve/Left Squad list would apply in this case.

So we can fill his roster spot but still control him.

That is exactly what I was wanting to hear.

BTW any news on if he returned today?  
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 07:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So we can fill his roster spot but still control him.

That is exactly what I was wanting to hear.

BTW any news on if he returned today?  

Anyone have the Athletic? This headline makes it look like Glenn showed up...but could just be clickbait:

https://theathletic.com/1312629/2019/10/21/final-thoughts-cordy-glenn-comes-back-whats-up-with-a-j-green-and-where-are-the-tight-ends/
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 07:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Anyone have the Athletic? This headline makes it look like Glenn showed up...but could just be clickbait:

https://theathletic.com/1312629/2019/10/21/final-thoughts-cordy-glenn-comes-back-whats-up-with-a-j-green-and-where-are-the-tight-ends/

Nothing on Bengals.com

Taylor said he did not show up Monday.  Not heard about today.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 07:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Anyone have the Athletic? This headline makes it look like Glenn showed up...but could just be clickbait:

Other articles say he’s back on the roster (waived Zettel) but hasn’t reported. I’d imagine that’s what they are saying
Reply/Quote
God we need him.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Other articles say he’s back on the roster (waived Zettel) but hasn’t reported. I’d imagine that’s what they are saying

Most likely. I don't see him giving in although his agent may make him report and not participate.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tiger Day to day? I'll tell you where its going to go Zac.

Glenn practices the least amount with minimal energy this week. Starts Sunday in London. 2nd offensive play, Glenn walks off the field self reports a concussion--BAM--out for the rest of the season... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
How bad do you have to be at football to be on the bungles practice squad? Asking for a friend
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 08:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not coming back.  We need to sign a player to fill his spot on the roster.

Isn't there some sort of "permanent suspension" list that is different from just releasing the player.

With Billy Price now a backup and Cordy MIA, this may end up being as big a dud first round as Ogbuehi...it was an earlier pick and thus far has generated next to no positive impact.  Simply amazing.  I was really hopeful Price would shine as a guard, but I think someone would have been ranting about a PFF ranking if he had.  
Reply/Quote