Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core Group
(12-02-2018, 08:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There are a lot of holes to fill not counting the front office and coaching staff.  

Who would you identify as the core group players to move forward?

I would say that Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Boyd, and Mixon are the core.  Who would be your picks?

I would hire Solomon Wilcoxs as My head coach today,Dave Lapham as my OC, Reggie Nelson for my secondary coach,The guy that broke his leg in the superbowl in Miami,for my D-line coach and go get a top college coach to be my DC. All the coaches that are here are gone,Bill Lazor is gone,he was known in Miami as not using the running game enough and he would abandon it,reason he was let go.guy needs to go and all of you on here that tweet,need to hammer him.Lets go.Need a massive overhaul.Not one of these coaches deserve to stay here,especially the conditioning coach. ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: It was being discussed yesterday on the radio. His turf toe issue won't ever fully heal. It's a matter of how much pain he can tolerate, and by the looks of yesterday there's not much left in that foot.

Turf toe has shortened many careers. Nothing they said seemed outrageous.

IT can be a very serious injury no doubt. But every injury is different for different individuals. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was said today (12/3/18) that Green will require surgery and is expected to make a full recovery in 4-5 months. Not sure I trust this information but that is what the team is announcing.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I considered Ross to be in that mid-to-late teens range in terms of prospects. I felt the same with Mike Williams. That draft class hasn't been great for WRs outside of JJSS.

It was actually a pretty good year for WRs:

-JJSS is a garbage human being, but has been absurdly productive.

-Cooper Kupp put up 62/869/5 his rookie year, and 40/566/6 in only 8 games this year.

-Corey Davis has 52/744/4 this year after 12 games. He's on pace to be a handful of yards shy of 1k.

-Zay Jones would have produced better the last two years if he didn't have to occasionally catch passes from Nathan Peterman. Lol

-Chris Godwin put up 525 yards last year and 49/676/5 so far in 12 games this year.

-Kenny Golladay has put up 55/854/5 so far this year in 12 games.

-Dede Westbrook has 46/553/4 in 12 games and had Blake Bortles throwing to him.

-David Moore has 22/413/5 this year for the Seahawks, which is impressive for a 7th round pick.

-Keelan Cole had 42/748/3 his rookie year as an undrafted free agent. Less impressive this year, but Bortles is a turd and even then 31/391/1 is still good for an UDFA in 12 games.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hard to call it not a good class when there's been that many productive WRs. It's just that none of them were taken by the Bengals. They went the Ross/Malone route instead.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 03:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It was actually a pretty good year for WRs:

-JJSS is a garbage human being, but has been absurdly productive.

-Cooper Kupp put up 62/869/5 his rookie year, and 40/566/6 in only 8 games this year.

-Corey Davis has 52/744/4 this year after 12 games. He's on pace to be a handful of yards shy of 1k.

-Zay Jones would have produced better the last two years if he didn't have to occasionally catch passes from Nathan Peterman. Lol

-Chris Godwin put up 525 yards last year and 49/676/5 so far in 12 games this year.

-Kenny Golladay has put up 55/854/5 so far this year in 12 games.

-Dede Westbrook has 46/553/4 in 12 games and had Blake Bortles throwing to him.

-David Moore has 22/413/5 this year for the Seahawks, which is impressive for a 7th round pick.

-Keelan Cole had 42/748/3 his rookie year as an undrafted free agent. Less impressive this year, but Bortles is a turd and even then 31/391/1 is still good for an UDFA in 12 games.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hard to call it not a good class when there's been that many productive WRs. It's just that none of them were taken by the Bengals. They went the Ross/Malone route instead.

Good point, I was thinking of just the top 3 and JJSS. I forgot Westbrook, Golladay, Godwin, and Kupp were all in that draft class.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote