Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core looking great!
(06-02-2017, 10:32 AM)Whatever Wrote: My bad, mixed up the snaps and ℅.

Hey, it's all good man.
[Image: latest?cb=20120704065846]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 03:06 PM)Whatever Wrote: Not sure where you're where you're getting this from, but Core dressed in 8 games, and made 4 starts.

http://www.nfl.com/player/codycore/2555331/gamelogs

He averaged 2.13 catches for 25 yards in the games he dressed for.  He averaged 3.75 catches for 37 yards in the 4 games he started.  Those are not good #'s at all.  He had a good game against Baltimore, but he was held to under 40 yards in his other three starts and under 15 yards in two of those.  

I'm also not sure how a guy who was credited with only one assisted tackle while playing 49% of the team's ST snaps "looked pretty damned good."

And this is my issue with the bubble WR debate.  People are vastly overratting Core's contributions and keying on the isolated instances where he was effective and overlooking the fact that there were numerous times he was totally ineffective.

(06-01-2017, 10:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not really sure what you're ticked off about.  We're having a discussion.  

I especially don't get it that you're ticked because someone posted incorrect facts about Core, and I corrected them.  A person who is being fair would want both sides to have the actual facts so that they can have an informed opinion.  They would not want people posting false information just to sway them to their way of thinking.  

I have no issue admitting I'm wrong if I'm wrong about Core.  That is a complete straw man argument. 

Sounds like you are not sure about a lot of things... Ninja  Just messin. Sarcasm

(06-02-2017, 08:47 AM)McC Wrote: Yeah, how much would it suck if the tall, fast guy developed his game?

Seriously, i am hoping on down the road either Core or Malone gets in there with Green and Ross.

I like Malone's potential too, but he needs to gain some muscle if he wants to get off the bump and run in the NFL.

Core is muscle and can already get off the bump and run which is why i believe he has the head start here if Lafell is
gone sooner or later. Love Boyd's hands and route running but he just doesn't scare anybody with his speed, same with
Lafell. I am rooting for the speedy guys.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 10:26 AM)Whatever Wrote: I've already posted a link that proves Core got 4 starts.  Those are his official statistics, and are not debateble.

That is your response to the entire post?  That he had 4 starts?  Wow, you really entered a sizzling debate!!!

Tell me this, if he got 4 starts, and you said:  "He averaged 3.75 catches for 37 yards in the 4 games he started"

That comes to a total of 148 yards, on 15 catches.  He has 200 yards on 17 catches.  And he did this in basically two games where he was targeted.  

So, you initially tried to diminish his impact in his very few opportunities (and completely ignored this:  82 yards is something that Tyler Eifert, Marvin Jones, and Tyler Boyd never accomplished in their rookie season despite a significantly greater number of opportunities. by trying to average those yards out over more games where he was used on special teams and not as a receiver.  Then, your response to that is to say that his four starts are official stats and are not debatable?  At least get the yards right.  
Reply/Quote
We once had another young WR that was hyped all off-season, and the coaches supposedly were in love with him. He had size (6'3" and 211 lbs) and ran a 4.53 at the combine. Amazing production in college. He caught 18 passes for 210 yards in only 5 starts for the Bengals. In one game, he caught all 5 of his targets for 66 yards. In the next start, he caught 3 passes for 63 yards and a TD.

Amazing right? Well...he was cut from the team 5 weeks later and never played in the NFL after that season. Point being, you can't read much into a couple decent games. I hope for the best for Core because if he winds up being great, it helps my team. Just saying we shouldn't be surprised if Core winds up being cut and eventually forgotten.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals were so pumped for Core they draftees a 1st round WR n 4th Round WR this year......smh
Reply/Quote
Well, now you of the anti-Core corps have to hope he fails because, if he succeeds, you will look like a bunch of dumb asses. What a bizarre reaction to a simple statement about a guy working hard.

In future, careful not to say anything positive about anybody lest ye be accused of the dreaded "H" word.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 07:17 AM)McC Wrote: Well, now you of the anti-Core corps have to hope he fails because, if he succeeds, you will look like a bunch of dumb asses.  What a bizarre reaction to a simple statement about a guy working hard.  

In future, careful not to say anything positive about anybody lest ye be accused of the dreaded "H" word.

I agree McC
The reaction to a few words by Hobson by many astonished me. Core was not hyped by anyone, but he sure was put under a microscope by many. I also find it funny when someone tries to help me with how I react with success or failure of our team or one player. I have broad shoulders and a tough demeanor so I don't have to worry about being disappointed by the failure of my team so to those who can't handle it, don't put your crap on the rest of us.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 11:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is your response to the entire post?  That he had 4 starts?  Wow, you really entered a sizzling debate!!!

Tell me this, if he got 4 starts, and you said:  "He averaged 3.75 catches for 37 yards in the 4 games he started"

That comes to a total of 148 yards, on 15 catches.  He has 200 yards on 17 catches.  And he did this in basically two games where he was targeted.  

So, you initially tried to diminish his impact in his very few opportunities (and completely ignored this:  82 yards is something that Tyler Eifert, Marvin Jones, and Tyler Boyd never accomplished in their rookie season despite a significantly greater number of opportunities. by trying to average those yards out over more games where he was used on special teams and not as a receiver.  Then, your response to that is to say that his four starts are official stats and are not debatable?  At least get the yards right.  

There's not really much to debate with a guy who maintains that Core only got 2 starts after he was corrected on it, is there?  If I'm telling someone the sky is blue, and everybody else can look at the window and see it's blue, and they continue to say it's purple, then there's no point in continuing the discussion.  If the other individual is so entrenched in their position that they will not concede that they're wrong on a single point after being proven to be incorrect, then anyone having a debate with them on the topic is completely wasting their time, as if they will not admit to being wrong on proven statistical facts,they will certainly not give any ground on any point of the discussion that involves opinion or drawing a logical conclusion.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 07:17 AM)McC Wrote: Well, now you of the anti-Core corps have to hope he fails because, if he succeeds, you will look like a bunch of dumb asses.  What a bizarre reaction to a simple statement about a guy working hard.  

I hope Core has a 1,000 yard, 10 TD season for us with all the other WR's staying healthy and productive.  I just think it's highly unlikely.  My desire for the team to be successful far outweighs my need to be right on an internet message board.  
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 09:42 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree McC
The reaction to a few words by Hobson by many astonished me. Core was not hyped by anyone, but he sure was put under a microscope by many. I also find it funny when someone tries to help me with how I react with success or failure of our team or one player. I have broad shoulders and a tough demeanor so I don't have to worry about being disappointed by the failure of my team so to those who can't handle it, don't put your crap on the rest of us.

There are two separate posts from different posters on first page of this thread alone that use the word "special" to describe Core's potential. 
Reply/Quote

(06-03-2017, 09:42 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree McC

I respect both of you guys, but I'm not sure why you're getting your panties all twisted just because people have different opinions.

No one is rooting against Core. You guys think highly of him while some of us aren't buying the hype yet. Both views are okay to have.

...and yes, Core has been hyped. To the point where some have suggested or implied we shouldn't have drafted Ross because we already have Core. Or that we should dump possibly the best return guy in the league to keep him. Or that he's better than our 4th round pick this year. Or that his potential is through the roof. There's nothing wrong with hyping an unproven guy, but you should also expect dissenting opinions when you bring such a take.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 02:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I respect both of you guys, but I'm not sure why you're getting your panties all twisted just because people have different opinions.

No one is rooting against Core. You guys think highly of him while some of us aren't buying the hype yet. Both views are okay to have.

...and yes, Core has been hyped. To the point where some have suggested or implied we shouldn't have drafted Ross because we already have Core. Or that we should dump possibly the best return guy in the league to keep him. Or that he's better than our 4th round pick this year. Or that his potential is through the roof. There's nothing wrong with hyping an unproven guy, but you should also expect dissenting opinions when you bring such a take.

I'm not sure why you're getting your panties all twisted - I say you need to look in the mirror, I am fine.

"Core has been hyped" = LOL..they are how many in this forum and a couple of hyped him calling him special. 

Crazy to think 2 ourt of 50 saying things like special represents hype, but I guess in your world because you refuse to admit this is true, we can go on respecting each other but just strongly disagree what true HYPE consists of
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 11:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is your response to the entire post?  That he had 4 starts?  Wow, you really entered a sizzling debate!!!

Sure is a bit selective isn't it.

I like Core myself, i think he could be a great WR if he works on his route running and going up for the ball.

He already has the size, speed and physicality. You cannot teach THESE things.
Reply/Quote
Glad to hear, but still this:

[Image: molicense.jpg]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote