Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core.
I missed the game last week (Sunday Ticket didnt show) for the first time in years but my question is, did Core get any playing time? anyone know if he will tomorrow? really would like to see this kid get some starter reps.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 07:57 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I missed the game last week (Sunday Ticket didnt show) for the first time in years but my question is, did Core get any playing time? anyone know if he will tomorrow? really would like to see this kid get some starter reps.

Forgot he existed for a bit, so I had to make sure he did indeed play. Sure enough, played 11 snaps on offense last week, 0 catches on 0 targets. Played another 21 snaps on special teams.

EDIT: So far this season, Core has been active for three games this season, playing 31 snaps on offense while catching 0 passes on 1 target. He has also played 38 snaps on special teams, logging 1 tackle assist and 0 solo tackles.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Only target

Cool special teams play

Reply/Quote
I remember that high throw... thinking WTF Dalton ?!?

Looking back on it. I wonder if Dalton bailed on the throw. The CB was eyeing the whole time.

That might've been a pick six if thrown lower.

That special teams play is SICK !!

He really destroyed on that one.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
core
kôr/
1. Cool last name but that's about it at this point.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 09:20 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I remember that high throw...  thinking WTF Dalton ?!?

Looking back on it.  I wonder if Dalton bailed on the throw.  The CB was eyeing the whole time.

That might've been a pick six if thrown lower.

It was a called run that he optioned to pass (look at the offensive line blocking downhill), corner recognized it immediately. Throw was high just because it was high and it sucked.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 09:03 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Only target

Cool special teams play

Oh hey look the line actually got a pretty good push there. I think i even saw a hole open. Whatever

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 09:38 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It was a called run that he optioned to pass (look at the offensive line blocking downhill), corner recognized it immediately. Throw was high just because it was high and it sucked.

[Image: GFjnv4D.png?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 09:39 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Oh hey look the line actually got a pretty good push there. I think i even saw a hole open. Whatever

How many guys are blocking?   Hilarious Cry I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Reply/Quote
I seem to recall that he had a few instances of getting open (or enough separation that it would be a completion) against Baltimore where the ball was batted down or the line crumbled and Andy had to escape and throw it away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 11:40 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I seem to recall that he had a few instances of getting open (or enough separation that it would be a completion) against Baltimore where the ball was batted down or the line crumbled and Andy had to escape and throw it away.

Core can ball, he just needs to build some trust from Andy.  A lot of folks forget, or didn't even know, that when Laquan Treadwell went down for the remainder of the season at 'Ole Miss last year, Core filled in seamlessly, with little to no letdown in production.

I was pleased when the Bengals selected him, with that late round pick.  Develop that guy, and he will be a dangerous weapon.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like using that pick on Cor, but I did not expect a lot of receptions from him this year. I am guessing it was hard for him to get many reps with us having to work 2 brand new receivers (Boyd, LaFell) into the starting lineup.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like using that pick on Cor, but I did not expect a lot of receptions from him this year.  I am guessing it was hard for him to get many reps with us having to work 2 brand new receivers (Boyd, LaFell) into the starting lineup.

Barring injury I did not expect him to be active once this season as Lafell and Boyd would be given every possible opportunity, and Ericson would take the 4 spot as the returner.  We would not go 5 WR at any point that Eifert is available.  An in game injury would move Rex into the 4 spot if necessary.  So, barring injury above him on the depth chart, I figured Core would be in street clothes every game day.
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping we try a few deep throws to Core today.
Reply/Quote
Core definitely got some balls today and made the best of the opportunities he got too.

Kid looked good, but then again Andy was dropping dimes all over the place.

His performance certainly earned him more opportunities at playing though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 08:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Forgot he existed for a bit, so I had to make sure he did indeed play. Sure enough, played 11 snaps on offense last week, 0 catches on 0 targets. Played another 21 snaps on special teams.

EDIT: So far this season, Core has been active for three games this season, playing 31 snaps on offense while catching 0 passes on 1 target. He has also played 38 snaps on special teams, logging 1 tackle assist and 0 solo tackles.

Damn your on it, thanks. He did make the best of his time today, well other than the play before the big catch where he didnt look like he knew what he was doing out there. Glad they went right to him the very next play.
Reply/Quote