Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Davis
http://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/4/13/15282780/bengals-among-best-fits-wr-corey-davis
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 08:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Davis or Williams are who I want to see drafted at 9
Look at Corey Davis...he passes the eye test. It's not that complicated.
Reminds me of Chris Henry with a bit more weight on the frame
Davis can step in and not have the pressure of starting  right away
I think he's a better WR than Boyd as far overall skill set goes
Davis can take a routine slant and take it to the house
He basically was impossible to cover in his senior season without help over the top
We need a burner waiting in the wings

I just don;t see any WR good enough to warrant the 9th pick and it seems most of the pro football draft gurus out there agree.. rarely have i seen WRs going 9 or higher by them.. what i read is this is a good draft for depth at WR but not good for top end WRs like a AJ Green etc.... We can get a burner in 2nd/3rd round with the depth of WRs out there. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
ESPN's draft simulation show just selected Corey Davis with Bengals first pick.

Then they declined trading for Cleveland's 2nd round pick for AJM when offered.

Hope they are wrong on the AJM trade.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 12:17 AM)Go Cards Wrote: ESPN's draft simulation show just selected Corey Davis with Bengals first pick.

Then they declined trading for Cleveland's 2nd round pick for AJM when offered.

Hope they are wrong on the AJM trade.

Corey Davis reminds me of Andre Johnson. Hobson's latest article said the league expects he will run a 40 before the draft. If a he proves healthy and runs well after months of not running...

Lafell is a band aid. Boyd was a need pick who we reached on who doesnt scare anybody. I was banging the drum for Michael Thomas last year. We should have taken him in 1. But here we are with a defense that will have a first round draft pick on their rookie contract getting minimal playing time.

The shiny weapons will be tempting at 9. 
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 11:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I just don;t see any WR good enough to warrant the 9th pick and it seems most of the pro football draft gurus out there agree.. rarely have i seen WRs going 9 or higher by them.. what i read is this is a good draft for depth at WR but not good for top end WRs like a AJ Green etc.... We can get a burner in 2nd/3rd round with the depth of WRs out there. 

Mccshay and kiper both had us going williams or davis respectfully. Whole bunch of mocks have williams going 10 to buffalo. So no its not a reach. There is a lot of mid tier wrs, but as far as elite go, i think its williams and davis, then a huge drop off to the ross, shuster, jones, etc. Williams and davis are the most likely to turn into number 1 wr's. Davis opinion is significantlly split though, most likely due to no numbers at pro day/combine. Hes generally ranked around 17-20. But he is suppossed to run before the combine hopefully so if he runs say a 4.4 flat, he will jumo to that 10,11,12 spot which would not be a reach either.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 01:02 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Corey Davis reminds me of Andre Johnson. Hobson's latest article said the league expects he will run a 40 before the draft. If a he proves healthy and runs well after months of not running...

Lafell is a band aid. Boyd was a need pick who we reached on who doesnt scare anybody. I was banging the drum for Michael Thomas last year. We should have taken him in 1. But here we are with a defense that will have a first round draft pick on their rookie contract getting minimal playing time.

This. I got killed right after the draft for stating that i wanted to move up for thomas. That said boyd will be a better sanu. Hes nothing more than a slot, but i believe he will be a top 3-5 slot wr in the nfl. As far as davis, mccshay said based on tape he expects him to run a 4.38-4.44. Im fine with davis or williams at 9, get de in 2, center in 3. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 12:17 AM)Go Cards Wrote: ESPN's draft simulation show just selected Corey Davis with Bengals first pick.

I would be all over that. I think we saw last season that the Bengals have a very hard time scoring when Eifert and/or green are injured. Davis has good speed, runs good routes, gets YAC, and my favorite....makes contested catches. The DE group in this draft is deep. Get a pass rusher in rounds 2 or 3. Get me some Corey Davis in the 1st!
Reply/Quote
I hope 1 qb goes in top 8. This causes a player to drop to us and creates more of sense of urgency for a team to trade up to our spot. A team like Cleveland or Arizona. We could still get a good player and the extra pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 08:13 AM)pulses Wrote: Williams is not a better WR than Williams

Damn right, I see them as equals...
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 10:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: I like Mike Williams, but I don't see it. I use a smaller Dez Bryant as a comparison normally, someone else said Keenan Allen and I can see that a bit too.

What I meant to say is Williams is not better than Davis LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 01:02 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Corey Davis reminds me of Andre Johnson. Hobson's latest article said the league expects he will run a 40 before the draft. If a he proves healthy and runs well after months of not running...

First.. I hope we continue to have band aids then.. Lafell had a very solid year  and played hurt all year.  we did not pass on Thomas, he was gone when we got to our 2nd round pick.  Second.. Thomas had a very good year.. Boyd had a decent year as a rookie  but when you look deeper into their stats.. it was not like Thomas was so superior over Boyd.  Thomas plays for a pass happy Saints.. he had 40 more targets than Boyd... if Boyd had that many targets looking at this stats, he would have averaged around 1.000 yards and had 6 TDs... as for picking a defense and sitting the bench. I don;t see it.. If we pick Foster.. he will play alot... same if we pick a DLine they will play also
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 10:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First.. I hope we continue to have band aids then.. Lafell had a very solid year  and played hurt all year.  we did not pass on Thomas, he was gone when we got to our 2nd round pick.  Second.. Thomas had a very good year.. Boyd had a decent year as a rookie  but when you look deeper into their stats.. it was not like Thomas was so superior over Boyd.  Thomas plays for a pass happy Saints.. he had 40 more targets than Boyd... if Boyd had that many targets looking at this stats, he would have averaged around 1.000 yards and had 6 TDs... as for picking a defense and sitting the bench. I don;t see it.. If we pick Foster.. he will play alot... same if we pick a DLine they will play also

Did vigil play a lot? No. If we draft a lb, they will be numbsr 5 at best on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 01:03 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Mccshay and kiper both had us going williams or davis respectfully. Whole bunch of mocks have williams going 10 to buffalo. So no its not a reach. There is a lot of mid tier wrs, but as far as elite go, i think its williams and davis, then a huge drop off to the ross, shuster, jones, etc. Williams and davis are the most likely to turn into number 1 wr's. Davis opinion is significantlly split though, most likely due to no numbers at pro day/combine. Hes generally ranked around 17-20. But he is suppossed to run before the combine hopefully so if he runs say a 4.4 flat, he will jumo to that 10,11,12 spot which would not be a reach either.

I guess i needed to clarify.. I am looking at Best Player Available between these positions.. Dline, Linebacker and WR/TE and what I have read is they both seem to be in 15 or higher range.  As for mocks.. yest some  mocks have them higher due to lack of #1 type WRs... others have them at low as 18 to 20.  Also.. we actually have some depth at WR.  Lafell is solid good hands (played hurt all year) and solid route runner.. he is going to see alot of playing time... Boyd showed promise as a rookie and will only get better and see playing time. Core came on later in the season..   What we lack is a speed guy not depth..... So if we want to test teams vertical at times.. lets look at getting Goodwin from Penn State  2/3 round. very good speed. solid WR.. best games were pressure games during bowl season.  We can address more pressing need of LB or Dline or possible TE  with Howard since we are thin at TE with track record of injuries with Eifert. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 10:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I guess i needed to clarify.. I am looking at Best Player Available between these positions.. Dline, Linebacker and WR/TE and what I have read is they both seem to be in 15 or higher range.  As for mocks.. yest some  mocks have them higher due to lack of #1 type WRs... others have them at low as 18 to 20.  Also.. we actually have some depth at WR.  Lafell is solid good hands (played hurt all year) and solid route runner.. he is going to see alot of playing time... Boyd showed promise as a rookie and will only get better and see playing time. Core came on later in the season..   What we lack is a speed guy not depth..... So if we want to test teams vertical at times.. lets look at getting Goodwin from Penn State  2/3 round. very good speed. solid WR.. best games were pressure games during bowl season.  We can address more pressing need of LB or Dline or possible TE  with Howard since we are thin at TE with track record of injuries with Eifert. 

Well lafell is on the wrong side of 30, has never been condidered anything more than average and that fact there is no guarenteed money in the second year points to a wr. Boyd is a slot wr mainly. If u want a speed guy then davis is ur pick. Mccshay said based on tape 4.38-4.43. And my thinking is lb corp is set. Top 3 de would be gone and barnett is not that great at 9. Im on the record of loving jake butt. And demarcus walker with the next 2 picks to solve de and te. But at 9 williams or davis would increase our team production infinitely. What is aj gets hurt again? U really gonna count on lafell as our number 1? Bc im not.drafting williams or davis solves the problem. Also if all goes according to plan we wont be picking this high again for a long while, so draft aj replacement now while we are this high. Lastly reports are that we will double dip at wr and de in the first 4-5 rounds this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 10:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First.. I hope we continue to have band aids then.. Lafell had a very solid year  and played hurt all year.  we did not pass on Thomas, he was gone when we got to our 2nd round pick.  Second.. Thomas had a very good year.. Boyd had a decent year as a rookie  but when you look deeper into their stats.. it was not like Thomas was so superior over Boyd.  Thomas plays for a pass happy Saints.. he had 40 more targets than Boyd... if Boyd had that many targets looking at this stats, he would have averaged around 1.000 yards and had 6 TDs... as for picking a defense and sitting the bench. I don;t see it.. If we pick Foster.. he will play alot... same if we pick a DLine they will play also

We did pass on him. We had one first round CB barely getting any playing time and then we drafted another. When WR was far and away our biggest need after losing MJ and Sanu. I wanted Thomas in the first.

Our #1 WR got hurt and Lafell was apparently hurt too. Boyd didnt run away with the opportunity. Michael Thomas took it and made the Saints #1 WR Cooks tradeable.

My point of the first round pick getting minimal playing time was refering to our glut at CB. Dennard or WJ3 or hell maybe both if Shaw gets even better will barely see playing time. 

I dont buy the concept the Bengals draft BPA. They draft for future needs. Ogbuehi and Fisher were picked because Andre and Whit had contracts ending. WJ3 was picked because Kirk had a contract ending. We are planning to much for the future and not enough on winning now.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 10:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Did vigil play a lot? No. If we draft a lb, they will be numbsr 5 at best on the depth chart.

so i guess your math  the #9 pick of a draft and #87 pick of a draft are equal ???
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2017, 02:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Well lafell is on the wrong side of 30, has never been condidered anything more than average and that fact there is no guarenteed money in the second year points to a wr. Boyd is a slot wr mainly. If u want a speed guy then davis is ur pick. Mccshay said based on tape 4.38-4.43. And my thinking is lb corp is set. Top 3 de would be gone and barnett is not that great at 9. Im on the record of loving jake butt. And demarcus walker with the next 2 picks to solve de and te. But at 9 williams or davis would increase our team production infinitely. What is aj gets hurt again? U really gonna count on lafell as our number 1? Bc im not.drafting williams or davis solves the problem. Also if all goes according to plan we wont be picking this high again for a long while, so draft aj replacement now while we are this high. Lastly reports are that we will double dip at wr and de in the first 4-5 rounds this year.

I can say the same thing as you did on barnett  I don;t think Williams or Davis warrant the 9th pick and just as you pointed out we can get a good DE later we can get a good WR in Goodwin later to.   As for Green.. i dont see anyone comparing these WRS in any way form to AJ green when he was drafted  so there is no equal replacement for Green in this draft  i would hope we can agree on that
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2017, 02:08 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We did pass on him. We had one first round CB barely getting any playing time and then we drafted another. When WR was far and away our biggest need after losing MJ and Sanu. I wanted Thomas in the first.

Our #1 WR got hurt and Lafell was apparently hurt too. Boyd didnt run away with the opportunity. Michael Thomas took it and made the Saints #1 WR Cooks tradeable.

My point of the first round pick getting minimal playing time was refering to our glut at CB. Dennard or WJ3 or hell maybe both if Shaw gets even better will barely see playing time. 

I dont buy the concept the Bengals draft BPA. They draft for future needs. Ogbuehi and Fisher were picked because Andre and Whit had contracts ending. WJ3 was picked because Kirk had a contract ending. We are planning to much for the future and not enough on winning now.
You can't compare Jackson to Thomas   Jackson was in line to be our top 3 CBs and got hurt,and now look at our CB situation  thank god we drafted Jackson , Jones probably suspended, Dennard underperforming we would really be thin at CB this year without drafting Jackson,  everyone passed on Thomas in 1st round and like i pointed out   put Boyd with Saints last year and not sure much difference with their stats  
Reply/Quote
If it came down to Williams or Davis for me it would be Davis.

Yet would rather go another direction this season.

But not going to lie, it would be very exciting seeing him AJ, and Eifert out there together..

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2017, 10:28 AM)Go Cards Wrote: If it came down to Williams or Davis for me it would be Davis.

Yet would rather go another direction this season.

But not going to lie, it would be very exciting seeing him AJ, and Eifert out there together..

As would seeing a lb crew of burfict minter and foster.
Reply/Quote