Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon’s 96 yard TD run
Over the years, I’ve tried in vain to find a video of CD’s 96 yard run against the Lions. I was happy to see this video of every team’s longest run, and thought I’d share.

There were some tenuous and stressful times with Dillon, but he was a pretty bright light during some dark times. One of my favorite players ever.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000931038/Every-team-s-longest-run-in-the-Super-Bowl-era
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dillon was the reason why I started to root for the Bengals. I was happy that he was able to get a ring before he retired.
Reply/Quote
Was actually pretty excited for that season. We were 4-3 after that Lions win. Unfortunately for us we went on to win only 6 games. Opened up 2-0 beating the New England Patriots who won the super bowl that year and the Ravens who won the previous Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Watching some of those old clips really brings out how faster the game has gotten. Some of those guys looked like they were barely running. Except Dillon, who had those jets....
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 08:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Watching some of those old clips really brings out how faster the game has gotten. Some of those guys looked like they were barely running. Except Dillon, who had those jets....

A lot of that has to do with the older film speed.  Those guys weren't REALLY running that slow.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 12:50 AM)wcu Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000931038/Every-team-s-longest-run-in-the-Super-Bowl-era

It's at the 9:05 mark of the video, if you don't have time to watch the whole thing.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 08:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Watching some of those old clips really brings out how faster the game has gotten. Some of those guys looked like they were barely running. Except Dillon, who had those jets....

(05-03-2018, 08:49 AM)Tomkat Wrote: A lot of that has to do with the older film speed.  Those guys weren't REALLY running that slow.

What gets me was not the speed they were running, but the fact that some of the guys appeared totally winded after their run.

Of course, there was once a time when they smoked cigarettes while sitting on the sidelines. So....
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 10:02 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: What gets me was not the speed they were running, but the fact that some of the guys appeared totally winded after their run.

Of course, there was once a time when they smoked cigarettes while sitting on the sidelines. So....

Plus, they wore a whole lot more pads....
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 12:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Plus, they wore a whole lot more pads....

But I do love to watch the old clips of Jim Brown barreling through defenders like they were little school boys. Jim was the original beast!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Very cool.

Would love to see a lot of those old uniforms back. Saints, Seahawks, jets, eagles, broncos, patriots.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe his run is one of the last one shown. Classic DISRESPECT from the media.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Being in the military most of my life I had to catch hell from the fans of more successful teams for about 20 years, but there were 2 players I could name and folks would say "OK he's good". Corey was one of them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 11:35 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I can't believe his run is one of the last one shown. Classic DISRESPECT from the media.  Ninja

You do realize they started with the shortest runs and ended with the longest run.   Reason for Dillons run being near last is because it was one of the longest runs in NFL history. 
Reply/Quote
That really was a thing of beauty! A lot of those runs are...you aren’t lying, Dillon really was a bright spot during some very dark years
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 10:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Very cool.  

Would love to see a lot of those old uniforms back.  Saints, Seahawks, jets, eagles, broncos, patriots.

Amen brother!!  The Jets 80's uniforms looked so much better than the "retro" ones.  Same for Bronco's and Pats.   I love our old uniforms before these stupid white stripes started popping up everywhere.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 11:03 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Amen brother!!  The Jets 80's uniforms looked so much better than the "retro" ones.  Same for Bronco's and Pats.   I love our old uniforms before these stupid white stripes started popping up everywhere.

Yeah I would go with the Esiason Bengal uniforms or even the Dillon ones with the leaping tiger.

I do imagine we will change once we get a new coach.
Reply/Quote
Good video.

Funny that Johnny Johnson's 90-yard run still wasn't a TD.
Walter Payton DOESN'T own the Bears record for longest run
Jamal Lewis totally embarrasses a Cleveland LB on his run
Steelers have given up a decent amount of those runs. Interesting.
Terrelle Pryor and not Marcus Allen or Bo Jackson owns the Raiders longest run.

Anyone know the longest run against the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 04:18 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: You do realize they started with the shortest runs and ended with the longest run.   Reason for Dillons run being near last is because it was one of the longest runs in NFL history. 

Bruhh...
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 12:40 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Good video.

Funny that Johnny Johnson's 90-yard run still wasn't a TD.
Walter Payton DOESN'T own the Bears record for longest run
Jamal Lewis totally embarrasses a Cleveland LB on his run
Steelers have given up a decent amount of those runs. Interesting.
Terrelle Pryor and not Marcus Allen or Bo Jackson owns the Raiders longest run.

Anyone know the longest run against the Bengals?

I'm not sure, but I am sure Ronnie Brown's 58 yarder may have been the most heartbreaking. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Dillon was the first player I hoped had success after he left. He'd be a HOF player had he been drafted to almost any other team. I was glad he got to taste success and get a ring elsewhere. It's too bad he isn't a part of better memories in Cincy. Amazing speed for a big back. Huge calves and a wicked stiff arm. We'll never see another like him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote