Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon’s 96 yard TD run
A great RB who dropped to the second round because of character questions.

Sound familiar?
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 08:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A great RB who dropped to the second round because of character questions.

Sound familiar?

Jeremy Hill?  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 09:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Jeremy Hill?  Ninja

Touche.
Reply/Quote
Dillon was around when I was paying the least amount of attention to the Bengals and football in general. There was quite a stretch I just didn't care about it. Then again I had a lot of other things going on in my life so football and sports in general just weren't important to me. Somewhere around 09 I started paying more attention. I think it was the win against the undefeated Chiefs that kind of sparked my interest again..
Reply/Quote
Dillon was a Hall of Fame player if he had gone to almost any other team in the league. Some of the offenses Dillon played with here were not just bad. They were historically bad. In '00 the Bengals passing offense produced 1946 yars on 506 plays (including sacks) for a 3.8 avg. That same season Dillon averaged 4.6 yards per carry and accounted for 1593 yards from scrimmage. The Bengals only threw for 6 tds that year while Dillon rushed for 7. He was the ONLY weapon we had and defenses still could not shut him down.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 06:47 AM)grampahol Wrote: Dillon was around when I was paying the least amount of attention to the Bengals and football in general. There was quite a stretch I just didn't care about it. Then again I had a lot of other things going on in my life so football and sports in general just weren't important to me. Somewhere around 09 I started paying more attention. I think it was the win against the undefeated Chiefs that kind of sparked my interest again..

Me too... good thing I did it unknowingly during the worst period in the history of the Bengals. Seems like they needed me back to get the team rolling again.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 06:47 AM)grampahol Wrote: Dillon was around when I was paying the least amount of attention to the Bengals and football in general. There was quite a stretch I just didn't care about it. Then again I had a lot of other things going on in my life so football and sports in general just weren't important to me. Somewhere around 09 I started paying more attention. I think it was the win against the undefeated Chiefs that kind of sparked my interest again..

I believe that was around '03.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 12:40 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Good video.

Funny that Johnny Johnson's 90-yard run still wasn't a TD.
Walter Payton DOESN'T own the Bears record for longest run
Jamal Lewis totally embarrasses a Cleveland LB on his run
Steelers have given up a decent amount of those runs. Interesting.
Terrelle Pryor and not Marcus Allen or Bo Jackson owns the Raiders longest run.

Anyone know the longest run against the Bengals?

The longest run we've given up is a 92 yarder. Followed up by an 88 yard run. Both by the same RB. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 12:47 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The longest run we've given up is a 92 yarder. Followed up by an 88 yard run. Both by the same RB. 

Bo Jackson?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 12:58 AM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Bo Jackson?

[Image: bingo.png]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 12:47 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The longest run we've given up is a 92 yarder. Followed up by an 88 yard run. Both by the same RB. 

And, sadly, we ended his career not long after.  Maybe the same game?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote