Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Corey Dillon belongs in the HOF
In 10 seasons the guy gained over 13K yards from scrimmage and scored 103 TDs. Some might not be happy with how his career ended with the Patriots, and that's fine, there's been enough time pass by for bygones. We owe it to him as a fan base to support his nomination and subsequent selection for the NFL Hall of Fame.

Here are his career numbers, they speak for themself.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DillCo00.htm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 05:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In 10 seasons the guy gained over 13K yards from scrimmage and scored 103 TDs.  Some might not be happy with how his career ended with the Patriots, and that's fine, there's been enough time pass by for bygones.  We owe it to him as a fan base to support his nomination and subsequent selection for the NFL Hall of Fame.

Here are his career numbers, they speak for themself.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DillCo00.htm

Agreed definitely deserves to be in. Infact if it wasn't for him I don't think the Patriots win the title in 04.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
100%

Lack of Bengals respect on full display on this one. If he played the exact same career for a more popular team, he would have already been in. Or a slightly more successful one.

- - - - - -

EDIT: Talk about changes of time. In 2004 when Dillon rushed for 1600+ yards with the Patriots, there were 5 guys who rushed for 1,500+ yards that year, and 8 who rushed for 1,300+ yards. Compared to 2018 when those numbers were 0 and 2, and 2019 where those numbers were 1 and 4.

9 guys in 2004 had 300+ carries, 7 with 330+ carries. Where did all the durability go in football players? The last 5 years combined, only 6 guys have had 300+ carries, 0 with 330+ carries.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Eh, he may deserve to be in the Hall, but there's Bengals players who should be in ahead of him, like Kenny Anderson, Kenny Riley, Willie Anderson, etc. Guys who deserve more of a push than Dillon.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 06:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 100%

Lack of Bengals respect on full display on this one. If he played the exact same career for a more popular team, he would have already been in. Or a slightly more successful one.

- - - - - -

EDIT: Talk about changes of time. In 2004 when Dillon rushed for 1600+ yards with the Patriots, there were 5 guys who rushed for 1,500+ yards that year, and 8 who rushed for 1,300+ yards. Compared to 2018 when those numbers were 0 and 2, and 2019 where those numbers were 1 and 4.  

9 guys in 2004 had 300+ carries, 7 with 330+ carries. Where did all the durability go in football players? The last 5 years combined, only 6 guys have had 300+ carries, 0 with 330+ carries.

Here's the kicker..  Dillon only averaged a combined 286 touches/season.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 06:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Eh, he may deserve to be in the Hall, but there's Bengals players who should be in ahead of him, like Kenny Anderson, Kenny Riley, Willie Anderson, etc. Guys who deserve more of a push than Dillon.

This is true.  But, if we don't start fighting, as a fan base, for least of our worthy;  How will we ever command the respect for all of the others to receive their fair consideration?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 06:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the kicker..  Dillon only averaged a combined 286 touches/season.

Yeah, but 305 touches per 16 games played.

- - - - - - - - - 
Also how Bengals is Dillon's rookie year?
Corey Dillon: 233 carries/1,129 yards(4.8 YPC)/10 TD... 6 starts
Ki-Jana Carter: 128 carries/464 yards(3.6 YPC)/7 TD... 10 starts

Carter misses his rookie year entirely, puts out 2.9 YPC his second year, and still gets 10 starts his third year while Dillon was tearing it up.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Belichick always talks about how great Corey was, he definitely should be in the hall.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 06:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 100%

- - - - - -

Changing of the game.. just like in Baseball.. look at pitch counts back 20 years ago to now.. crazy ...
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, but 305 touches per 16 games played.

- - - - - - - - - 
Also how Bengals is Dillon's rookie year?
Corey Dillon: 233 carries/1,129 yards(4.8 YPC)/10 TD... 6 starts
Ki-Jana Carter: 128 carries/464 yards(3.6 YPC)/7 TD... 10 starts

Carter misses his rookie year entirely, puts out 2.9 YPC his second year, and still gets 10 starts his third year while Dillon was tearing it up.

Hindsight to me.. Carter was #1 pick.. trying to come back from injury.. they had a lot invested in him.. they also knew it might take two years to come all the way back.. so I don;t see a bit deal it in.. actually I would say form organization standout.. wow.. they nailed picking Dillion in the 2nd round to replace Carter if things did not turn 3rd year and that is what happen.
Reply/Quote
If Dillon played for any one of a dozen or more teams his first 7 seasons he'd basically be a shoe in.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 10:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If Dillon played for any one of a dozen or more teams his first 7 seasons he'd basically be a shoe in.

Totally agree.. but he is third on my list behind Anderson and Riley that should be in...
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 10:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Totally agree.. but he is third on my list behind Anderson and Riley that should be in...

Completely agree with you, Sir.  My point in making this thread was to draw attention to the most recent Bengals that has been ignored by the committee.  If we, as a fan base don't start standing up and making some noise for Corey Dillon, then none of those who were snubbed before him will ever receive their just deserves.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 10:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Completely agree with you, Sir.  My point in making this thread was to draw attention to the most recent Bengals that has been ignored by the committee.  If we, as a fan base don't start standing up and making some noise for Corey Dillon, then none of those who were snubbed before him will ever receive their just deserves.

Though if you look at what RBs that have went in since he retired.. the only two i would say he might have better argument for would be E. James for sure if you ask me.. (he just played for a winning team but overall Dillion was better )and maybe... T. Davis... Davis had a great 4 years before injuries .. but Dillion first six years are very solid too..then the monster year with New England and he did win a title

I can;t argue with Bettis, Tomlinson, Martin that have gotten in since Dillion would be eligible i believe
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 10:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Though if you look at what RBs that have went in since he retired.. the only two i would say he might have better argument for would be E. James for sure if you ask me.. (he just played for a winning team but overall Dillion was better )and maybe... T. Davis... Davis had a great 4 years before injuries .. but  Dillion first six years are very solid too..then the monster year with New England and he did win a title

I can;t argue with Bettis, Tomlinson, Martin that have gotten in since Dillion would be eligible i believe

Yes, on the "excitement meter", I put Dillon above Ben Martin for sure.  LT and The Bus, yep they both belong, as well.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 10:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Totally agree.. but he is third on my list behind Anderson and Riley that should be in...

That's really a separate argument that shouldn't have any bearing on is case.  You know it won't have any effect on the league.  They're not exactly too concerned with the injustice of the first two not getting in.

Corey would seem to be in a better position.  He has that great SB year with the Pats on his resume at the end of his career that Riley and Anderson don't have.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Does he deserve it, YES! I'm I going to do anything about, NO!

Why? Just because of the ugly conclusion in Cinci. Not gonna help 1 bit.
Reply/Quote
I wish the Brown family would take care of business at home and start a Bengals Ring of Honor. I think that would help with the national media's perception about Bengals players.
Reply/Quote
I am honestly happy he ended things in New England. Beyond happy that Corey got a much deserved super bowl ring
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 12:31 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: I am honestly happy he ended things in New England. Beyond happy that Corey got a much deserved super bowl ring

On a scale of 1-10 where does watching one of our former players win a championship elsewhere rank? I mean, I will casually root for players I liked like Whit if they’re playing in the Super Bowl, but “beyond happy?” It just doesn’t come anywhere close to doing that much for me. I guess I could be accused of mostly rooting for the laundry.

Reply/Quote