Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Linsley
Signed to San Diego. Here is the comment from rotoworld. What stands out to you?

Chargers signed C Corey Linsley, formerly of the Packers, to a four-year contract.
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero expects Linsley to become the highest-paid center in the NFL. If that's what it takes to protect Justin Herbert, then it's a worthwhile investment. In addition to being a quality pass- and run-blocker, Linsley brings a veteran presence as a 30-year-old with experience protecting Aaron Rodgers. The Chargers still have a lot of work to do across the offensive line, particularly at tackle, but this is an excellent start to the offseason for GM Tom Telesco. Linsley was an All-Pro last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not even sure what this franchise is doing
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 05:54 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Not even sure what this franchise is doing

Don't lose hope (notice I didn't say faith as I lost that in them awhile back). 

Reply/Quote
Yea well the Chase dream is over. Oline in the first couple rounds is a must now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 05:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yea well the Chase dream is over. Oline in the first couple rounds is a must now.

Nothing like gambling your starting franchise quarterback's health by drafting unproven o-lineman... Laughable. It's okay, MJ has been training with Willie this offseason. It worked for Ross when he trained with Housh.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
A team that took a promising young QB early, and then realized they needed to spend money to upgrade the OL protecting him?

What nonsense is this?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 06:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A team that took a promising young QB early, and then realized they needed to spend money to upgrade the OL protecting him?

What nonsense is this?

Winner

Reply/Quote
The Chargers want to protect their young QB...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 05:54 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Not even sure what this franchise is doing

Sooner or later the one who wins is the one who Thinks he can.....
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 05:48 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Signed to San Diego.  Here is the comment from rotoworld.  What stands out to you?

Chargers signed C Corey Linsley, formerly of the Packers, to a four-year contract.
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero expects Linsley to become the highest-paid center in the NFL. If that's what it takes to protect Justin Herbert, then it's a worthwhile investment. In addition to being a quality pass- and run-blocker, Linsley brings a veteran presence as a 30-year-old with experience protecting Aaron Rodgers. The Chargers still have a lot of work to do across the offensive line, particularly at tackle, but this is an excellent start to the offseason for GM Tom Telesco. Linsley was an All-Pro last year.

I wasn't aware Center was our biggest position of need on the oline. Would making a guy the highest paid center in the league help us out somehow at Guard? Cause Hopkins is not a good guard. Price is not a good guard. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I wasn't aware Center was our biggest position of need on the oline. Would making a guy the highest paid center in the league help us out somehow at Guard? Cause Hopkins is not a good guard. Price is not a good guard. 

Hopkins is not a good center either.  So yes signing Lindsey would have helped this team immensely.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:10 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Hopkins is not a good center either.  So yes signing Lindsey would have helped this team immensely.

He's slightly above average. But that's not the point. Is our position of most need Center or Guard? And would spending that amount of money to upgrade Center fix our LG and RG positions?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's slightly above average. But that's not the point. Is our position of most need Center or Guard? And would spending that amount of money to upgrade Center fix our LG and RG positions?

Hopkins also tore his ACL during Week 17.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I wasn't aware Center was our biggest position of need on the oline. Would making a guy the highest paid center in the league help us out somehow at Guard? Cause Hopkins is not a good guard. Price is not a good guard. 

Not saying center was our biggest need.  Just they have a bad o line, young qb, and they signed 2 free agent lineman to protect their young qb.  We've signed free agents to replace what we've lost.  No real upgrades and not 1 fricking o lineman yet
Reply/Quote

Our entire line is a position of need.  What the hell are you talking about?

Our LT has missed 22 out of possible 32 games, and is coming off a season ending injury.
Our LG is an absolute bum and should be playing for the someone like Montral Alouttes.
Our Center is average at best, and tore his ACL in the last game of the season. (He may be available to start the year, he may not)
Our RG is a backup level player.
Our RT, who was somehow our best OL, is below average.

Why does this have to be "would paying a center help us at guard"????  Paying a center helps us at center.  We need to help at center.

Why can't we add a center and a guard?  Hell, why can't we add a center and two guards?  Why does this have to be a converstation of one vs. the other.  We need help everywhere.  The entire OL needs to be overhauled.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Sooner or later the one who wins is the one who Thinks he can.....

Exactly.... You're mobile Joe. Run for your damn life, and chuck the ball all over the yard.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And would spending that amount of money to upgrade Center fix our LG and RG positions?

No, that amount of money would fix our center position.  How is this a bad thing?

You want money to fix the guards positions too?  You still have some cap space.  Then...Cut Atkins, cut Bernard, cut Hart, cut Uzomah, cut someone.  Preferably cut multiple people.

Our OL was never going to be fixed by just signing one person.  We need to use this free agency to sign a minum of two quality vets. (Not XSF, John Miller, Quentin Spain off his couch...)  A center being one of them make perfect sense to apparently everyone other than you and select group of others.
Reply/Quote