Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cornerback "defeats"
(07-12-2018, 04:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No loss is completely on anyone's hands respectively. There are occasions when the finger can be pointed strongly in ones direction. 

I would agree with that.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Those stats can be deceiving Fred. Depends on how many times Dre is targeted really.

But i agree he is not as bad as some make him out to be, he doesn't get beat deep which is great.

But he is also inconsistent at times. I wouldn't call him the most underrated player on the team.
Reply/Quote
His trash talking antics after a good play drive me nuts! Especially after he has had like 4 bad plays prior to it....
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 01:27 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: That is your opinion and is not a fact. The joke is you assumimg your opinion is fact.

They're a joke.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think the critics are saying he is a bum. All we are saying is that he didn't play well enough last year to be complimented. He needs to play this year like he did in 2016. As others have pointed out he's had a very inconsistent career.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 10:48 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I don't think the critics are saying he is a bum. All we are saying is that he didn't play well enough last year to be complimented.  He needs to play this year like he did in 2016.  As others have pointed out he's had a very inconsistent career.

Fair enough and the odd thing about me taking up for him is that was always very adamant he would not succeed in NFL and not wanting to draft Dre along with one or two others around here. 

But most loved his skill set and wanted him. Now they seem to dislike him and I now think he is serviceable. The tables turned somehow. 

Do not think the Bengals re-sign him when contract expires though unless it is for a pay cut. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 12:48 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Fair enough and the odd thing about me taking up for him is that was always very adamant he would not succeed in NFL and not wanting to draft Dre along with one or two others around here. 

But most loved his skill set and wanted him. Now they seem to dislike him and I now think he is serviceable. The tables turned somehow. 

Do not think the Bengals re-sign him when contract expires though unless it is for a pay cut. 

I want to see him mature and to play smarter. If he doesn’t, he’s definitely not worth what we are paying.

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 07:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I want to see him mature and to play smarter. If he doesn’t, he’s definitely not worth what we are paying.

Make no mistake he is not worth what we are paying him. 

But he no longer has to be the man with WJIII emerging. Which should help considerably. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 01:27 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: That is your opinion and is not a fact. The joke is you assumimg your opinion is fact.

I use objective facts to back up my claim.

When a CB plays 97% of the snaps on a top 5 pass defense, and ranks in the top 30 in almost every objective stats it is a joke to say he is the 112th ranked CB behind a bunch of scrubs who barely played.

"Yards per target", "Success rate", and "Completion percentage allowed" are objective stats that are not based on opinion.  PFF rankings are based on subjective opinion.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 10:13 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Make no mistake he is not worth what we are paying him. 

In 2018 Dre's salary and bonuses total $8.2 million.

That is 24th in the league among CBs.

I'd say he is worth that.

If you look at his average yearly earnings under his contract that is $10.5 million which ranks 13th.  That may be a little high, but not by much.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 01:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2018 Dre's salary and bonuses total $8.2 million.

If you look at his average yearly earnings under his contract that is $10.5 million which ranks 13th.  That may be a little high, but not by much.

Good stuff Fred, i am just hoping Dennard stays healthy and we pay him some dough.

He has good hips and can change direction quicker then Dre. I would like to see Dre in the Slot, i think with his length
he could be really good in this position. Dennard might not be the fastest Corner but he is physical and has good ball
skills, just took a long time to see it in stripes with the injuries.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 01:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2018 Dre's salary and bonuses total $8.2 million.

If you look at his average yearly earnings under his contrafuct that is $10.5 million which ranks 13th.  That may be a little high, but not by much.

That is not as bad as thought. But 24th is too high in my opinion he is a second tier CB and should make from 33rd thru 65th. 

Plus how many are better than him playing on rookie contracts ? 

Know I would rank WJIII  well above him even though he is not paid nearly as much. 

Still am fine with Dre though and have always liked Dennard even though most bash him.

But WJIII is our best.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Plus Dre has not played a down in 2018 so what he makes this year should not matter in my statement. 

We can only judget him by what he has done and that is last season and before.

How much did he make last season  and where does that rank ? 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 07:48 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Plus Dre has not played a down in 2018 so what he makes this year should not matter in my statement. 

We can only judget him by what he has done and that is last season and before.

How much did he make last season  and where does that rank ? 

In 2015 when he played 97% of defensive snaps and ranked in the top 30 CBs in "Yards per target", "Success rate" and "completion percentage allowed he ranked 67th in base salary plus bonus and 52nd in average salary or his contract.

IN 2016 when he ranked 8th in yards per target he ranked 20th in salary plus bonus and 62nd in average salary for his contract.

In 2017 with the signing bonus for his new contract he ranked 6th in salary plus bonus and 11th in average salary.
Reply/Quote

Its 9.6 million in 2018. Stop with the fake news. I dont think dor a second you didnt know that. 
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 12:24 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Its 9.6 million in 2018. Stop with the fake news. I dont think dor a second you didnt know that. 

That's the cap hit.  It includes the prorated portion of his signing bonus that he has already been paid.  In 2018 he will be paid his base salary plus a roster bonus that totals $8.2 million.

As usual "fake news" claim is total BS. 
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That's the cap hit.  It includes the prorated portion of his signing bonus that he has already been paid.  In 2018 he will be paid his base salary plus a roster bonus that totals $8.2 million.

Ur mood being pregnant is fake news. 
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 12:34 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Ur mood being pregnant is fake news. 

From Merriam-Webster

"abounding in fancy, wit, or resourcefulness "

Look it up.

Again "fake news" claim is BS.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 12:34 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Ur mood being pregnant is fake news. 

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That's the cap hit.  It includes the prorated portion of his signing bonus that he has already been paid.  In 2018 he will be paid his base salary plus a roster bonus that totals $8.2 million.

Wtf is the point of posting anyrhing other than the cap hit. 
Reply/Quote