Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corns
Anyone ever had one of these? I never had, but something on my foot had been bothering me. Since I'm diabetic, foot things result in me going to the doctor because I'm afraid to make it worse than it is. Went in, doc said it was a corn and proceeded to freeze it a couple of times. Still hurts, said it will be a couple of weeks before the dead stuff will be ready to really scrape out.

Anyway, just felt like sharing. Hope everyone is enjoying their leftovers.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 06:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Anyone ever had one of these? I never had, but something on my foot had been bothering me. Since I'm diabetic, foot things result in me going to the doctor because I'm afraid to make it worse than it is. Went in, doc said it was a corn and proceeded to freeze it a couple of times. Still hurts, said it will be a couple of weeks before the dead stuff will be ready to really scrape out.

Anyway, just felt like sharing. Hope everyone is enjoying their leftovers.

I think I had one of these... It was a hard knott like thing that hurt when I put pressure on it...

I dug it out with a pocket knife (my medical plan)  took a while battled it for weeks but victory is mine
Reply/Quote
My people call it maize.

[Image: 6a0167621b7ded970b01901e226502970b-pi]

Haven't had any so far myself, but think it comes with the territory of aging, so they're probably in my future. Good luck with it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 06:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think I had one of these... It was a hard knott like thing that hurt when I put pressure on it...

I dug it out with a pocket knife (my medical plan)  took a while battled it for weeks but victory is mine

See, I started this method. But when I was going kinda deep and not really having much luck I figured I better not make it any worse. The diabeetus complicates things as any foot injury can possibly get infected in a way that could result in me no longer having a foot. After finding out what it was, I was next told that any time I have something like this to see my doc. Pretty much any OTC method (or me digging it out) is too risky.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 07:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: See, I started this method. But when I was going kinda deep and not really having much luck I figured I better not make it any worse. The diabeetus complicates things as any foot injury can possibly get infected in a way that could result in me no longer having a foot. After finding out what it was, I was next told that any time I have something like this to see my doc. Pretty much any OTC method (or me digging it out) is too risky.

no I get you.. I just hate going to the doctors with a passion...   and wont unless its absolutely necessary like I said it took me weeks... and this was before I had insurance so I just worked it down...  little by little it hurt too.
Reply/Quote