Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona is keeping me on deployment and im bored Mock.
This sucks and im bored as hell. So here's a mock. I didnt draft a WR at all because I think the team feels good where they are at with the position already. I think we might find some value WR's as CFA's. LB and OL are the areas of need currently.

Round 1
Joe Burrow-----Duh

Round 2
Kenneth Murray, LB Oklahoma

Looking at free agency I think offensive weapons will be at a premium in Round 1. Teams that have new QBs will gobble up WR's, and OL, and I think lets a LB slide down to us.

Round 3
Lucas Niang, OT TCU

I think their intention is to let Fred Johnson and Bobby Hart battle it out for RT. However Isiah Prince backing up Jonah is a nightmare. Im a Buckeye fan and I can tell you Prince is a huge liability. Niang can back up Jonah and maybe swing to RT eventually.

Round 4
Nick Harris, IOL Washington

I went back to back on the line here because we got a shiny new toy with Burrow and we need to protect it. Signing XSF in free agency just isnt enough. Michael Jordan is still a question mark at LG, and we have Price and Redmond for depth. Not comforting at all. Harris is athletic and versatile, he can provide depth at LG and RG.

Round 5
Cheyenne O'Grady, TE Arkansas

Know one knows if we resign Eifert and his health is always in question. Frankly Uzomah is underwhelming to me, I don't know if its him or its just the scheme. Sample still has some growing to do, and Cethan Carter probably shouldnt even be on the roster. O'Grady has some character concerns, but his value as a receiver and blocker in the 5th round were too good to pass up.

Round 6
Nevelle Clark, CB UCF

Whether Dre is around in 2020 or not were still going to have some issues in 2021, if we cant manage to keep Mackenzie Alexander. So taking a corner makes sense.

Round 7
Tanner Muse, S Clemson

Replacement for Fej. Adds value on ST and depth at Safety.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I like this Draft but I think we ought to take at least 1 WR in this insanely talented Draft class.

In the 6th I would Draft one over Nevelle Clark. Could have a good one there and he wouldn't be a rookie next season.

I like the O'Grady pick a lot. He could even be there with his issues.

Tanner Muse in the 7th I think would be a major steal and a Simmons pick.

Sure helped solidify the O-line in this Draft and we got my favorite LB in Murray, well done YXD.
Reply/Quote
It seems pretty good but are we at place where we're spending third rounders on backups? It would be great if we ended up with Murray.

And I agree with Nate about WR. With all the talent at the position in this draft, there has to be a round where WR is on top of of the board.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 03:05 PM)McC Wrote: It seems pretty good but are we at place where we're spending third rounders on backups?  It would be great if we ended up with Murray.

And I agree with Nate about WR.  With all the talent at the position in this draft, there has to be a round where WR is on top of of the board.

I think WR is a Day 3 priority, but I can easily see them running with that they have. AJ, Boyd, Ross all healthy is a pretty good set of WR's for Burrow. Investing in the line to give Burrow time to throw to these guys seems more of a priority.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 05:09 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I think WR is a Day 3 priority, but I can easily see them running with that they have. AJ, Boyd, Ross all healthy is a pretty good set of WR's for Burrow. Investing in the line to give Burrow time to throw to these guys seems more of a priority.

But if a WR is by far the BPA in the 2nd or 3rd we should pull the trigger. I don’t want to look back in a few years and regret not grabbing one in such a good WR class.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 05:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But if a WR is by far the BPA in the 2nd or 3rd we should pull the trigger. I don’t want to look back in a few years and regret not grabbing one in such a good WR class.

I mean I cant argue with taking a WR whos obviously the BPA. I guess it all depends on how they have their board laid out and where their priorities are.
Reply/Quote
I dont know what bia4d or site you are using, but there us so much value at the top of 2 and 3 using fanspeaks most updated board that I cant see this being what the bengals do.

Like there have been so many drafts where epenesa and Gross-Matos slides to 2 which is insane that you HAVE to take one of them and taking anyone else just isnt enough value.

Laviska has also slid quite a bit on fanspeak. Like 3rd round slide. I cant believe that but I cant help but take that value.

So while I understand what you are doing, and boards differ a lot, the value is on the D in like all my drafts.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 01:05 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Laviska has also slid quite a bit on fanspeak. Like 3rd round slide. I cant believe that but I cant help but take that value.

I can see Laviska Shenault sliding all the way to the Bengals at 65. Shenault is a great prospect and I want him in stripes but he has some glaring issues. He needs alot of work technique wise especially in his releases and he also has a on going durability concerns.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 01:29 PM)Synric Wrote: I can see Laviska Shenault sliding all the way to the Bengals at 65. Shenault is a great prospect and I want him in stripes but he has some glaring issues. He needs alot of work technique wise especially in his releases and he also has a on going durability concerns.

He also needs to work on blocking and such, there are questions about Shenault.

Would love for him to slide to us in the 3rd and grab him up. Crazy talent.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He also needs to work on blocking and such, there are questions about Shenault.

Would love for him to slide to us in the 3rd and grab him up. Crazy talent.

Yea totally in the 3rd, but no earlier. Im cool with drafting him in the 3rd and I think thats a good spot to get a WR. However at 33 we need a guy who can help the team immediately, thats why it feels like it has to be a LB or OL. We still need help in those areas. Going into next year with Bobby Hart and Fred Johnson as our only options at RT is giving me nightmares.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 01:29 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Yea totally in the 3rd, but no earlier. Im cool with drafting him in the 3rd and I think thats a good spot to get a WR. However at 33 we need a guy who can help the team immediately, thats why it feels like it has to be a LB or OL. We still need help in those areas. Going into next year with Bobby Hart and Fred Johnson as our only options at RT is giving me nightmares.

Understandable. I don't think Hart is as bad as some make out but he definitely is not the answer and Fred Johnson only
played well in a couple games. Josh Jones would be a great pick up for us at 33 but so would Kenneth Murray or Baun or
even Queen who I used to hack on but he has grown on me.

Your guy Niang or Isaiah Wilson in the 3rd would be ideal if we took one of these Linebackers.

Edit: Would also love to get Andrew Thomas if he is there at 33, has played both tackle spots at Georgia very well.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this Draft but I think we ought to take at least 1 WR in this insanely talented Draft class.

In the 6th I would Draft one over Nevelle Clark. Could have a good one there and he wouldn't be a rookie next season.

Sure helped solidify the O-line in this Draft and we got my favorite LB in Murray, well done YXD.

WhoDey2 I agree, and because of that, I think Simmons takes Blankenship (K, GA) in the 7 th round. Kid could be an upgrade from Fat Randy...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 10:14 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 I agree, and because of that, I think Simmons takes Blankenship (K, GA) in the 7 th round. Kid could be an upgrade from Fat Randy...

Im surprised Zac hasnt shown Randy the door yet. I think drafting a kicker this year is definitely on the table. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 03:05 PM)McC Wrote: It seems pretty good but are we at place where we're spending third rounders on backups?  It would be great if we ended up with Murray.

And I agree with Nate about WR.  With all the talent at the position in this draft, there has to be a round where WR is on top of of the board.

There's no way that Niang is going to be a backup to Bobby Hart.  
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this Draft but I think we ought to take at least 1 WR in this insanely talented Draft class.

I agree with Nate.  Give me Quez Watkins from Southern Miss in the 6th and I think we hit the jackpot.  
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 04:46 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: There's no way that Niang is going to be a backup to Bobby Hart.  

One would hope, but he's still a unknown.
Reply/Quote