Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-19-2020, 12:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Then, in your own words, explain how it will be much better the first Wednesday in November.

Because no one will be trying to win an election. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 12:28 AM)GMDino Wrote:  

Clever.

That’s at least the 3rd time Georgia has been caught altering graphics to paint a rosier picture.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 12:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because no one will be trying to win an election. 

How will that make the situation better?
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 12:46 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How will that make the situation better?

Just more games.  Multiple posters have asked, even tried to engage and we are called stupid ("I'm typing as slow as I can") for not understanding what won't be explained in clear terms that exceed one line that "isn't what he said".

There is a hardcore belief on the right that the Democrats are using the virus only to attack Trump.  bfine's statement seems to be leaning into that that the Democrats will try "harder" to reopen the economy once Trump is gone simply for political purposes.  As if all of Trump's missteps and deliberately misleading comments and actions are all the fault of the Democrats or that the Democrats should just ignore them and work harder to help Trump fix the economy.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 12:46 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How will that make the situation better?

(07-19-2020, 10:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just more games.  Multiple posters have asked, even tried to engage and we are called stupid ("I'm typing as slow as I can") for not understanding what won't be explained in clear terms that exceed one line that "isn't what he said".

There is a hardcore belief on the right that the Democrats are using the virus only to attack Trump.  bfine's statement seems to be leaning into that that the Democrats will try "harder" to reopen the economy once Trump is gone simply for political purposes.  As if all of Trump's missteps and deliberately misleading comments and actions are all the fault of the Democrats or that the Democrats should just ignore them and work harder to help Trump fix the economy.  

Yup. Here is his view, right here:

(07-18-2020, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The pandemic is real and so is the need to restart the economy. I'm just of the opinion the the Left as a whole is a whole lot like Bill Mahr. Sure keeping the economy shut down is going to make some folks suffer but....

He tried to paint me as having said this, before, as well. Apparently, we are incapable of thinking that the health of our citizenry is more important than the health of our economy. It's just all a ploy to win an election and we really don't care about the lives of our people. It's not like we have policy mechanisms that could both help the economy and protect our citizens without having to put them at risk, or anything. It's just that those policies don't benefit the wealthy as much so they aren't as popular among certain segments in Washington, so instead we need to unnecessarily put those that are lower on the socioeconomic ladder at risk and reopen things.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 10:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just more games.  Multiple posters have asked, even tried to engage and we are called stupid ("I'm typing as slow as I can") for not understanding what won't be explained in clear terms that exceed one line that "isn't what he said".

I've said it numerous times, and I'm not there to speak more deliberately, so I typed more deliberately. I've clearly said, it will get better because if Biden wins then both parties will be motivated to get the economy up and running. 

As to Trump's "mis steps" he may have been listening to his chief medical advisor:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/dr-birx-told-president-trump-in-april-that-the-coronavirus-would-soon-be-gone-and-influenced-the-administration-s-push-to-reopen-the-economy-and-lift-lockdown/ar-BB16VzV3?li=BBnbcA1

Quote:Dr Birx told President Trump in April that the coronavirus would soon be gone and influenced the administration's push to reopen the economy and lift lockdown

Reply/Quote
Seems like a bit of stretch by the Governor.

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 11:07 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. Here is his view, right here:

He tried to paint me as having said this, before, as well. Apparently, we are incapable of thinking that the health of our citizenry is more important than the health of our economy. It's just all a ploy to win an election and we really don't care about the lives of our people. It's not like we have policy mechanisms that could both help the economy and protect our citizens without having to put them at risk, or anything. It's just that those policies don't benefit the wealthy as much so they aren't as popular among certain segments in Washington, so instead we need to unnecessarily put those that are lower on the socioeconomic ladder at risk and reopen things.

How motivated do you think the Left is to getting the economy booming prior to 3 NOV 20? 

A. Not at all 

B. Somewhat

C. Extremely

Now ask yourself this question

How motivated do you think the Left is to paint Trump's reaction to COViD a complete failure?

A. Extremely

B. Somewhat

C. Not at all

If answering A to both makes me all those bad things you just stated; then guilty as charged. If you answered C to both then you're all those cool things. 

Reply/Quote
Trump/Pence 2020: It is what it is.  You probably just have the sniffles.

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 11:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: Trump/Pence 2020: It is what it is.  You probably just have the sniffles.

If you're really close to death, we've got a lot of ventilators waiting for you... We're supplying them to other countries even.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 11:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I've said it numerous times, and I'm not there to speak more deliberately, so I typed more deliberately. I've clearly said, it will get better because if Biden wins then both parties will be motivated to get the economy up and running. 

If Trump wins, the situation will be unchanged the day after the election. The same holds true if Biden wins. A desire to get the economy up and running won’t happen magically overnight to make things “much better” by the next day. Plus, if Biden wins the Republicans will be as interested in getting the economy up and running as they have been interested in passing healthcare reform.

Now explain how the Democrats are responsible for the current state of the economy?

Quote:As to Trump's "mis steps" he may have been listening to his chief medical advisor:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/dr-birx-told-president-trump-in-april-that-the-coronavirus-would-soon-be-gone-and-influenced-the-administration-s-push-to-reopen-the-economy-and-lift-lockdown/ar-BB16VzV3?li=BBnbcA1

Convenient you ignored the part which stated Brix’s model was based upon mitigation strategies Trump did away with. Plus Fauci didn’t concur with her prediction. What do you think a leader should do when two leading experts disagree on a course of action? Maybe intact others to reach a consensus and a more informed decision? Yeah, that would be a common sense approach. Also, a leader can’t delegate responsibility.

One last thing, the passive aggressive insults were supposed to be left behind. It’s been what? A week? So enough with the I’m typing as slow as I can crap because you’re contributing to the crap you complain about.
Reply/Quote

(07-19-2020, 02:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If Trump wins, the situation will be unchanged the day after the election. The same holds true if Biden wins. A desire to get the economy up and running won’t happen magically overnight to make things “much better” by the next day. Plus, if Biden wins the Republicans will be as interested in getting the economy up and running as they have been interested in passing healthcare reform.

Now explain how the Democrats are responsible for the current state of the economy?

Convenient you ignored the part which stated Brix’s model was based upon mitigation strategies Trump did away with. Plus Fauci didn’t concur with her prediction. What do you think a leader should do when two leading experts disagree on a course of action? Maybe intact others to reach a consensus and a more informed decision? Yeah, that would be a common sense approach. Also, a leader can’t delegate responsibility.

One last thing, the passive aggressive insults were supposed to be left behind. It’s been what? A week? So enough with the I’m  typing as slow as I can crap because you’re contributing to the crap you complain about.

Here's the thing: I typed that after Nati 3 times in a roll turned what I said into what he wanted me to say and Dino did it for a 4th time. After a while it just gets old. So I added a little emphasis on asking them to address what I actually typed. But both of you are correct; I should have just remembered the key to eternal happiness.

Your desire to police the boards is commendable ; hopefully you'll continue to do so in an unbiased manner. 

Reply/Quote
What do mandatory maskers think of this:

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 02:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do mandatory maskers think of this:

The woman taking the video was in the wrong and should've been cited for trespassing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 02:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If Trump wins, the situation will be unchanged the day after the election. The same holds true if Biden wins. A desire to get the economy up and running won’t happen magically overnight to make things “much better” by the next day. Plus, if Biden wins the Republicans will be as interested in getting the economy up and running as they have been interested in passing healthcare reform.

One last thing, the passive aggressive insults were supposed to be left behind. It’s been what? A week? So enough with the I’m  typing as slow as I can crap because you’re contributing to the crap you complain about.

If Trump wins, nothing gets better because we still have the most incompetent modern presidency, except this time he no longer has to worry about reelection so he can give up any pretenses of caring (there aren't many). So either way things get  worse, it's just a matter of how worse. He can either chose to keep not doing anything to slow the pandemic, which means it'll gradually be worse, or he can chose to do things that will make it substantially worse.

If Biden win, a lame duck Trump will be completely unhinged and deranged. He told Chris Wallace that he could not commit to accepting that mail in voting will be legit if he loses the election. The GOP has refused to hold him accountable. He will try to burn it all down, and there's a lot of damage he can do in 2.5 months. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 02:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The woman taking the video was in the wrong and should've been cited for trespassing.

I agree especially considering that establishment had curbside service. I get folks want to be independent, but these aren't usual times. I also think the woman who slammed her cart into the women's did nothing to improve the situation. I wonder if she should be charged with anything.  

Reply/Quote
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/507663-chuck-woolery-deletes-twitter-account-after-announcing-his-son-has-coronavirus?fbclid=IwAR2EYgxAM5LdBbGsE9NrBkqQZPp3jN2HT85_V6A3GC_cMKo_CGKx_lTka2E

Quote:Game show host retweeted by Trump deletes his account after announcing his son has coronavirus

Former game show host Chuck Woolery announced Wednesday his son has tested positive for COVID-19, just days after Woolery accused medical professionals and Democrats of lying about the virus in an effort to hurt the economy and President Trump's reelection chances. 

Woolery, who hosted several popular game shows including "Love Connection" and “Wheel of Fortune” and who is a staunch supporter of the president's, has since deleted his Twitter account following the announcement about his son. 

“To further clarify and add perspective, Covid-19 is real and it is here. My son tested positive for the virus, and I feel for of those suffering and especially for those who have lost loved ones," Woolery tweeted before his account disappeared. 

The message comes after Woolery tweeted Monday denouncing "outrageous lies" being told about the coronavirus, comments that Trump retweeted to his more than 83 million followers. 

“The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it’s all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I’m sick of it," Woolery wrote. 

CBS News correspondent Catherine Herridge asked Trump about the retweet in an interview on Tuesday. 

“You reposted a tweet yesterday saying that CDC and health officials are lying. You understand this is confusing for the public. So who do they believe? You, or the medical professionals like Dr. Fauci?” Herridge asked, referring to National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci

“I didn’t make a comment,” Trump responded. “I reposted a tweet that a lot of people feel. But all I am doing is making a comment. I’m just putting somebody’s voice out there. There are many voices. There are many people that think we shouldn’t do this kind of testing, because all we do, it’s a trap.”

The president's poll numbers on his handling of the coronavirus pandemic have declined significantly, down to a 39.3 percent average approval rating in the RealClearPolitics index of polls, after standing at 50.6 percent in late March.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 02:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do mandatory maskers think of this:

LOL. That was my go-to liquor store when I lived in CO. Miss that selection. The draconian state liquor stores here in PA are piss poor.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 06:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: LOL.  That was my go-to liquor store when I lived in CO.   Miss that selection.   The draconian state liquor stores here in PA are piss poor.

I've been all over the world and I think it was easier to buy beer in Saudi Arabia than it was in PA. The one time I was there, seems I had to buy beer from the cooler in a bar. Don't remember all the details, but I know it was a hassle. 

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 06:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: LOL. That was my go-to liquor store when I lived in CO. Miss that selection. The draconian state liquor stores here in PA are piss poor.

Maryland sucks because we have to have stand alone liquor stores for all alcohol, but at least it’s not as bad as PA.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote