Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-25-2020, 08:45 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That's not at all what he's saying.  He's saying it is setting a very scary precedent for control over people for very minor things.  What are they going to mandate next in the name of "public safety"?

Yea... guess what. When you go to school you have to follow their rules. Really freaking scary stuff there....

I’m of legal drinking age. Wtf I got arrested for drinking at a middle school football game at the local middle school...

Did you ever go to public school?

Just like the two kids who were made out to be heroes by the prez for carrying flags on the field.

Schools make rules. People on school grounds follow them. Jesus f Christ. It’s that simple.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 08:41 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Yup, I read it and I understand that.  It should have never happened in the first place.  Outdoor mask mandates are insane!  What's next?

I get it. It sucks to not have control over your own body and the government telling you what you can and can’t do with it.

But, obviously, “personal responsibility” wasn’t working because she wouldn’t voluntarily follow the school’s rule and she wouldn’t voluntarily follow the police officer’s instructions. You keep making these passive aggressive insults towards protesters without having the self awareness to realize you and the woman who got arrested are the protesters in this case.

Covid 19 can be spread to others in football stands just like it can be spread to others in a classroom. Wearing a mask and social distancing help reduce the spread to others around you. If you could be bothered to understand that simple fact then you wouldn’t be protesting it and making yourself “look like a big cryin’ baby.”

Shouldn’t and wouldn’t have happened if she had just done what the police told her to do. Right? This lady wasn’t even shot or strangled to death. She was only tased. Not sure why you’re going full Antifa over it.

Some of my favorite quotes . . .

“LET GO OF MY WRIST!” Classic Karen right there.

“It says “Police” on his side and on his back.”
“That doesn’t mean anything.”

Yeah, cause “Police” is N/A when Karen is involved.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 09:24 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea... guess what. When you go to school you have to follow their rules. Really freaking scary stuff there....

I’m of legal drinking age. Wtf I got arrested for drinking at a middle school football game at the local middle school...

Just like the two kids who were made out to be heroes by the prez for carrying flags on the field.

Schools make rules. People on school grounds follow them. Jesus f Christ. It’s that simple.

Wait. You’re telling me schools have DRESS CODES? And schools can enforce those dress codes on school property? OH, THE HORROR!

This is why there is a Second Amendment. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. And they may take our lives, but the may never take our freeeeeeeeeeeedooommmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 10:21 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Wait. You’re telling me schools have DRESS CODES?  And schools can enforce those dress codes on school property?  OH, THE HORROR!

This is why there is a Second Amendment. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. And they may take our lives, but the may never take our freeeeeeeeeeeedooommmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

As an aside here some folks were in an uproar about their school saying there was "no way to enforce" students wearing masks.

Parents who were for the masks cited the dress codes such as skirt length that are routinely enforced.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 09:15 AM)Benton Wrote: A virus is a small thing. It's
s also killed a lot of people.

States/schools/businesses have implemented ways to try to protect people. 

Why dont people complain this much over their right to drink and drive? Their right to defecate in the chili at wendy's? The right to snort some coke and randomly fire a shotgun in public parks?

Nobody stands up for good stuff, they just go total Karen over having to not pass on their potentially deadly virus.

She was social distancing outside.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 09:24 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea... guess what. When you go to school you have to follow their rules. Really freaking scary stuff there....

She was social distancing outside.  Nothing scary about that either.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 10:21 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Wait. You’re telling me schools have DRESS CODES?  And schools can enforce those dress codes on school property?  OH, THE HORROR!

Would they send the police in and tazer you because of the dress code?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 10:10 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I get it. It sucks to not have control over your own body and the government telling you what you can and can’t do with it.

But, obviously, “personal responsibility” wasn’t working because she wouldn’t voluntarily follow the school’s rule and she wouldn’t voluntarily follow the police officer’s instructions. You keep making these passive aggressive insults towards protesters without having the self awareness to realize you and the woman who got arrested are the protesters in this case.

Covid 19 can be spread to others in football stands just like it can be spread to others in a classroom. Wearing a mask and social distancing help reduce the spread to others around you. If you could be bothered to understand that simple fact then you wouldn’t be protesting it and making yourself “look like a big cryin’ baby.”

Shouldn’t and wouldn’t have happened if she had just done what the police told her to do. Right?  This lady wasn’t even shot or strangled to death. She was only tased. Not sure why you’re going full Antifa over it.

Some of my favorite quotes . . .

“LET GO OF MY WRIST!”  Classic Karen right there.

“It says “Police” on his side and on his back.”
“That doesn’t mean anything.”

Yeah, cause “Police” is N/A when Karen is involved.
If you are referencing abortion, you apparently have never seen an abortion video.  That is not the "woman's body".  That is another human being inside the woman's body.  You know, the human beings that you are so worried about dying en masse if people don't wear masks outside.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 10:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: As an aside here some folks were in an uproar about their school saying there was "no way to enforce" students wearing masks.

Parents who were for the masks cited the dress codes such as skirt length that are routinely enforced.

Our kids don't have to wear them outside or while socially distancing inside.  3 weeks of school so far.  No mass cases or death.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: So if the police tell you to wear a hair net so other people don't get lice, even though you've never had lice, that would be a proper exertion of force, right?

You're missing some steps in the middle where the person is asked to leave school property for failing to follow school policy, then they refuse to leave, and finally they resist arrest when they are arrested for refusing to leave. 

That and lice is nowhere near an equivalent to a pandemic. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 11:40 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Our kids don't have to wear them outside or while socially distancing inside.  3 weeks of school so far.  No mass cases or death.

Didn't you say your schools are like 13 to 1 student-teacher?

That would explain no mass cases. I have 34 per class. 

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 11:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Didn't you say your schools are like 13 to 1 student-teacher?

That would explain no mass cases. I have 34 per class. 

Yes, 13:1.

Holy cow!   34 per class?  I went to Dublin, OH (grew up in Fairfield K-5) for grades 6-10 and I don't think we had more than 20-25 per class.  That must be an insanely dense population.  I thought Dublin was crammed and overcrowded.  lol.  Probably why I like living in the boonies.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 12:40 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Yes, 13:1.

Holy cow!   34 per class?  I went to Dublin, OH (grew up in Fairfield K-5) for grades 6-10 and I don't think we had more than 20-25 per class.  That must be an insanely dense population.  I thought Dublin was crammed and overcrowded.  lol.  Probably why I like living in the boonies.

We have had a huge growth in development in already developed areas. We're in the process of opening up another high school while planning for the one after that. Our most recent school was misjudged and placed in a more rural part of the county under the assumption that development would occur there. 

We're the 3rd wealthiest county in the nation, but we've let developers run rampant, and the facilities construction cost is catching up to us. We were a bunch of farms 60 years ago, and then Edward Norton's grandfather, a major developer from California, came and secretly bought up a bunch of land and built this planned community (Columbia, MD) that is now one of the most praised cities in the nation, both for planning, inclusion, and livability. It was just named the 5th best place to live by Money Magazine (They were 1st for a few years including 2016 but dropped last year to 20th). We went from super rural to super burbs in 30 years.

I grew up in the city south of it but lived in the same county.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 11:17 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: She was social distancing outside.

And still in violation of whatever rules were put in place.

I don't disagree, I think it's dumb to wear masks outside at a distance. But it's the precaution put in place. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:01 PM)Benton Wrote: And still in violation of whatever rules were put in place.

I don't disagree, I think it's dumb to wear masks outside at a distance. But it's the precaution put in place. 

I am just disagreeing with the precaution and the level it was taken to.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 12:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We have had a huge growth in development in already developed areas. We're in the process of opening up another high school while planning for the one after that. Our most recent school was misjudged and placed in a more rural part of the county under the assumption that development would occur there. 

We're the 3rd wealthiest county in the nation, but we've let developers run rampant, and the facilities construction cost is catching up to us. We were a bunch of farms 60 years ago, and then Edward Norton's grandfather, a major developer from California, came and secretly bought up a bunch of land and built this planned community (Columbia, MD) that is now one of the most praised cities in the nation, both for planning, inclusion, and livability. It was just named the 5th best place to live by Money Magazine (They were 1st for a few years including 2016 but dropped last year to 20th). We went from super rural to super burbs in 30 years.

I grew up in the city south of it but lived in the same county.

Crazy!  Sort of like Fairfield.  I grew up there from 74' - 86' and Rt 4 was pretty bare.  Jungle Jims was just a little hut.  lol.  The couple times i've been back it is crowded and congested.  Nothing like when I was living there.

I am somewhat familiar with Maryland.  I was stationed at the Pentagon when I was in the USAF.  I also worked in Rockville on a 6 month contract.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:22 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Crazy!  Sort of like Fairfield.  I grew up there from 74' - 86' and Rt 4 was pretty bare.  Jungle Jims was just a little hut.  lol.  The couple times i've been back it is crowded and congested.  Nothing like when I was living there.

I am somewhat familiar with Maryland.  I was stationed at the Pentagon when I was in the USAF.  I also worked in Rockville on a 6 month contract.

I grew up in Laurel which is where NSA is just outside of and very close to Ft. Meade. You'd be surprised to see how much the area has changed since then. 

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I grew up in Laurel which is where NSA is just outside of and very close to Ft. Meade. You'd be surprised to see how much the area has changed since then. 

That's cool!  I was housed at Ft. Meyer.  That is where they put the USAF Pentagon guys.  I used to walk through Arlington Cemetery all the time from Ft. Meyer to the Metro station on the other side.  I was walking through one Memorial Day (I think) and all of a sudden I see Bill Clinton giving a speech.  lol.

I saw Gen. Powell signing books in the Pentagon book store one day.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 11:20 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Would they send the police in and tazer you because of the dress code?

If I refused to follow the police officer’s instructions to fix my dress code violation and then refused to leave school premises and then resisted arrest there is a pretty good chance I would be tased.

You’re starting to sound dangerously close to one of those peaceful protesters protesting police misconduct.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 11:18 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: She was social distancing outside.  Nothing scary about that either.

You should check that video again. There are five people sitting within 6 feet of each other. And that’s only at the start of the video. We don’t know what she was doing before.

Also, asthma doesn’t prevent you from wearing a face covering in most cases. Obviously, she wasn’t in any respiratory distress while she was resisting arrest.

And it’s irrelevant because “just do what the cops tell you.” Right? Because it seems like we’re starting down a slippery slope of a double standard.
Reply/Quote