Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
How many would be in favor of Trump passing a Federal Law that would save over 600,000 American lives a year?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-05-2020, 10:46 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Reports came out a while ago that said Trump had been warned of the potential for this well before it happened, but instead of heeding those warnings and helping China out, he cut our resources in China, including the one person embedded in their public health system that we had whose job it was to give us early warnings about something like this.

He absolutely can shoulder some blame for it making its way here and can be criticized for actions before the spread. Sure, his attitude towards the preventative measures recommended by the CDC have emboldened people to ignore them enough that we have zero chance of reaching herd immunity in this country, and we should criticize him for that, but we can't forget that in his effort to do whatever it was he was trying to do, he greatly diminished our capabilities to respond to this pandemic and he made policy decisions that helped this outbreak become the global pandemic is became.

But other than ignoring the warning, actively cutting areas and people that could have helped, denying the problem, arguing that doctors aren't right, refusing to lead by example and maintaining up until today that the virus will just disappear like a miracle...other than THAT don't you think people criticize TRUMP just because they don't like him and don't want him in office?  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-05-2020, 10:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How many would be in favor of Trump passing a Federal Law that would save over 600,000 American lives a year?

I smell a trap :) 
- What federal law would that be?
(07-05-2020, 10:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How many would be in favor of Trump passing a Federal Law that would save over 600,000 American lives a year?

How many would be in favor of Trump just doing his job?

How many would be in favor of Trump just listening to his advisors?
(07-05-2020, 11:01 AM)hollodero Wrote: I smell a trap :) 
- What federal law would that be?

A law that would save 600,00 lives. Now it can be argued that some personal freedoms may have to be sacrificed or perhaps a strain on the National Economy but we're talking 600,000 American lives and that does not include the vast majority that are dying from COVID that are elderly or have other life-threatening conditions. 

Depends on what it would be. There is a reason I haven't been one of those saying Trump should have mandated masks or anything; I don't see that as something he could do, constitutionally. So it would all depend on whether he has the powers to do so, legitimately.

This is all besides the fact Trump can't pass a law. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-05-2020, 11:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: How many would be in favor of Trump just doing his job?

How many would be in favor of Trump just listening to his advisors?

I would. He's responsible to not let the largest economy in the Nation collapse. I'm sure his economic advisors have given him advice on how to help. 

(07-05-2020, 11:04 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Depends on what it would be. There is a reason I haven't been one of those saying Trump should have mandated masks or anything; I don't see that as something he could do, constitutionally. So it would all depend on whether he has the powers to do so, legitimately.

BINGO, that's on the legislature. How many mandates has the House proposed? 

To add. Weren't many upset when Trump recently suggested he could activate the Army to defend life and property?

(07-05-2020, 11:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: A law that would save 600,00 lives. Now it can be argued that some personal freedoms may have to be sacrificed or perhaps a strain on the National Economy but we're talking 600,000 American lives and that does not include the vast majority that are dying from COVID that are elderly or have other life-threatening conditions. 

I still smell a trap :) Wouldn't you just come out and say what you mean?

I mean, a ban on automobiles would save many lifes for example and I am still not in favor of such a law. I guess your question somehow aims in such a direction.
(07-05-2020, 11:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: BINGO, that's on the legislature. How many mandates has the House proposed? 

None that I am aware of, but that also isn't something they really have purview over, IMO. Mandates should be coming from the states, not the Feds.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-05-2020, 11:04 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Depends on what it would be. There is a reason I haven't been one of those saying Trump should have mandated masks or anything; I don't see that as something he could do, constitutionally. So it would all depend on whether he has the powers to do so, legitimately.

Yeah it seems the right/Trump defenders want to say that people who are criticizing his handling of this (and everything) means we want a dictator telling everywhat they HAVE to do versus just having a leader willing to tell people what they SHOULD do and to lead by example.
Pretty sure the 1st two months into this, Trump's opponent called his actions xenophobic. Also pretty sure that the prez's 2ns in command held up a piece of paper for over a month straight daily stressing social distancing. How many countries in the world refused to televise their own elected officials, like CNN and others did, when this was going on.
(07-05-2020, 11:10 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: None that I am aware of, but that also isn't something they really have purview over, IMO. Mandates should be coming from the states, not the Feds.

Hey. we agree 100%. Where have you been?

(07-05-2020, 11:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I would. He's responsible to not let the largest economy in the Nation collapse. I'm sure his economic advisors have given him advice on how to help. 

He's responsible to protect the well being of the people of the United State too.  And he has been derelict of the duty.

Sometimes you have to do two things at once...Trump has chosen to ignore one of those things because he thinks it will hurt how people think about him and his re-election chances.  That is because all Trump understands is wanting more money so he thinks that's all the rest of us care about.
(07-05-2020, 11:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah it seems the right/Trump defenders want to say that people who are criticizing his handling of this (and everything) means we want a dictator telling everywhat they HAVE to do versus just having a leader willing to tell people what they SHOULD do and to lead by example.

And it seems the Left just wants to slam Trump instead of look for the truth. I have a couple guys in the very thread telling me it's not about him saying I should wear a mask, but it's a federal things he should have mandated. 

(07-05-2020, 11:11 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Pretty sure the 1st two months into this, Trump's opponent called his actions xenophobic.  Also pretty sure that the prez's 2ns in command held up a piece of paper for over a month straight daily stressing social distancing.  How many countries in the world refused to televise their own elected officials, like CNN and others did, when this was going on.

Stations stopped carrying the press conferences when Trump stopped letting the doctor's talk and turned them into mini rallies.

The VP and the President refused to wear masks.

Two months into this was two months too late and one measure, that wasn't even very effective, and criticism of does not mean he did much right.
(07-05-2020, 11:08 AM)hollodero Wrote: I still smell a trap :) Wouldn't you just come out and say what you mean?

I mean, a ban on automobiles would save many lifes for example and I am still not in favor of such a law. I guess your question somehow aims in such a direction.

The right ti life. 

(07-05-2020, 11:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The right ti life. 

Aaaaah... alright, should have figured that one out.

I really don't feeel like lumping in abortions into the covid debate, on the grounds that these are two very different issues.

(07-05-2020, 11:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And it seems the Left just wants to slam Trump instead of look for the truth. I have a couple guys in the very thread telling me it's not about him saying I should wear a mask, but it's a federal things he should have mandated. 

Yeah I might have said something among those lines and it was a mistake, which I should have clarified. I did not include this point in my latest list of Trump failures.

I very much included that he should recommend wearing masks to protect the communities instead of mocking those that do. And I stand by that.
(07-05-2020, 11:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey. we agree 100%. Where have you been?

Fishing as much as possible.

(07-05-2020, 11:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And it seems the Left just wants to slam Trump instead of look for the truth. I have a couple guys in the very thread telling me it's not about him saying I should wear a mask, but it's a federal things he should have mandated. 

Jebus...it can be both.

The POTUS continually (and continues) to say it will just go away.  That is a failure of leadership no matter what.  He refused to wear a mask in public.  Insisted on having rallies.  The list goes on and on with examples of his poor leadership.  And that's just AFTER cases started to spike.

He is the damn President.  He wanted to be in charge.  People in charge get the bulk of the blame and responsibility even when they claim they don't take any responsibility at all.

Look for the the "truth"?

Trump supporters only truth is what Trump says and finding ways to relieve him of any culpability by saying the "left" is too hard on him.

So sorry that you (edit to show universal you) elected a "man" incapable of doing two things at once.