Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(05-19-2020, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We're all going to die.  I always seem to be shopping at the same exact time as one of those who like to pick up, scrutinize every single meat package on the shelf, prior to making their "final decision".  That is a peeve of mine, even in times of non-crisis.  Makes me want to shout in my sternest, most booming voice that I can muster, "Why must you, put your grimy hands on every effing package on the damn shelf??".

But, but, if you think other people should take steps to help keep you from being sick then that means you are one of the "sheeple".

How does it feel?
(05-19-2020, 06:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He'll have a tough time trying to unseat Kobach.  Not sure what all the uproar about the use of HCQ is all about.  I heard a physician on the radio saying how he's prescribed it to patients for other reasons, for over 40 years, without a single incident of a patient needing hospitalization as a result of taking the HCQ as prescribed.

Left wing media has to have something to discuss in order to stir the pot. This is currently it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-19-2020, 05:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: While Trump has bitched about GM retooling factories to manufacture ventilators, I’ve noticed Trump’s sweat shops are still pumpin’ out MAGA shirts and hats instead of much needed PPE.

I guess they are.

But those sweat shops are in China.  We can't retool Chinese factories to make our PPE!  
(05-19-2020, 06:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He'll have a tough time trying to unseat Kobach.  Not sure what all the uproar about the use of HCQ is all about.  I heard a physician on the radio saying how he's prescribed it to patients for other reasons, for over 40 years, without a single incident of a patient needing hospitalization as a result of taking the HCQ as prescribed.

The issue with taking the drug is that it isn't verified that it has any real efficacy for COVID-19. Meanwhile, there are people that actually need it for malaria treatments, so this could result in shortages of the drug for what we absolutely know it is good for.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Trump claims he is tested all the time and hasn't tested positive yet he is taking a drg he (without any scientific backing) said people should take *IF* they get sick.  So there's no need for him to take it and as Matt already said it *IS* needed for another ailments.  But much like the tests that DJT gets that most people cannot he doesn't care about most people...just himself.

what he really needs is someone underneath him to stand up and tell him what he should do. Someone that people will always listen to.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Second tweet here. 

He's an idiot.  And his ego may me the death of him or people dumb enough to believe him.

(05-19-2020, 07:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The issue with taking the drug is that it isn't verified that it has any real efficacy for COVID-19. Meanwhile, there are people that actually need it for malaria treatments, so this could result in shortages of the drug for what we absolutely know it is good for.

Right, the results are inconclusive as to weather it has any effect or if improvements were just coincidental.  Still, no reason for ridicule and outrage over the POTUS embracing the idea that it may work.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-19-2020, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Right, the results are inconclusive as to weather it has any effect or if improvements were just coincidental.  Still, no reason for ridicule and outrage over the POTUS embracing the idea that it may work.

He did that before there was ever a study.  And now he claims the study that said it was bad was "anti-Trump".

That's just putting bad/dangerous information out there because...Trump.

As Matt said, this could lead to a shortage for people who actually need it. To add, there's also a danger in a false sense of security. Like people who think they can cure their cancer with a tea spoon of cider vinegar and a dash of tumeric. Then they die of cancer.

Hcq may treat covid. Or it may just make people think it's treating covid while they walk around getting and spreading exposure.
(05-19-2020, 08:06 PM)Benton Wrote: As Matt said, this could lead to a shortage for people who actually need it. To add, there's also a danger in a false sense of security. Like people who think they can cure their cancer with a tea spoon of cider vinegar and a dash of tumeric. Then they die of cancer.

Hcq may treat covid. Or it may just make people think it's treating covid while they walk around getting and spreading exposure.

While I agree that HCQ isn't showing great things in limited sample studies, we must also acknowledge that the placebo effect is a real thing.  However, the doctor I caught the end of on the way home from work was talking about injecting partial proteins into cells and the body creating the antibodies to fight off the virus.  Sounded encouraging, but I honestly didn't hear the entire segment.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

I don't doubt that someone prescribing it for 40 years for lupus or arthritis to patients he has identified as being good candidates for the drug hasn't had any issues with it.

The "uproar" is multifaceted. There's the concern over shortages for those who need it. There's the lack of rigorous studies showing any real success with the drugs. There's the evidence of heart issues, particularly for those whose organs have been damaged by Covid-19. There's concern over people poisoning themselves in an attempt to take a drug hailed by the president as a miracle.

The optics are horrendous. The President has claimed for weeks that this drug does something that has not been proven and could make things worse. He is now freely sharing, knowing the ramifications, that he is taking the drug for a different purpose that is even more unproven (as a preventative). 

I understand that you're willing to call the pandemic a "ruse" and make up things like "Fauci said masks do not prevent the spread of Covid-19" to help defend the incompetence of Trump's actions and messaging, but for the rest of us living in the real world, this is bad. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

This thread is about to be the first non-stickied thread in PnR to hit 100 pages. Well done, gentlemen.

(05-19-2020, 09:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This thread is about to be the first non-stickied thread in PnR to hit 100 pages. Well done, gentlemen.

So that means you have your settings at 20 posts per page. I do 25 so we're currently on page 80 for me.
(05-19-2020, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Right, the results are inconclusive as to weather it has any effect or if improvements were just coincidental.  Still, no reason for ridicule and outrage over the POTUS embracing the idea that it may work.

He is taking it prophylactically. The results aren’t inconclusive. The isn’t any evidence to support hydroxychloroquine’s use as a prophylaxis to prevent Covid-19. Right now the evidence doesn’t indicate it’s any more effective than taking a tic tac to prevent Covid-19.

Additionally, it has known adverse effects like fatal arrhythmias that can occur in anyone who takes it and there is no way to predict when it might happen.

So the risk benefit analysis involves weighing the risk of fatal arrhythmias vs. no benefit as a prophylaxis. That decision is a no brainer; don’t prescribe something that could kill the patient when it isn’t proven to provide any benefit.

Any provider who would do that is a total quack. The type of provider all the other providers think is a total idiot.

Plus he keeps pushing an unproven treatment against medical advice. Repeatedly. At this point he absolutely deserves ridicule.
(05-19-2020, 09:05 PM)treee Wrote: So that means you have your settings at 20 posts per page. I do 25 so we're currently on page 80 for me.

I did not know that was a thing. New metric: about to be the first non-sticked with 2000 posts  :andy:

In all fairness, shouldn't the people who want Trump to be president be worried that he's taking a drug for something he doesn't have and isn't proven to prevent what he doesn't want to get but carries a cardiac risk a man who is overweight and in his mid 70's shouldn't take?

Trump - I'm taking this drug that isn't proven to cure what I don't even have and it might give me a heart attack-ack-ack-ack!
Liberals - BOOOO!!!!
Neo-cons - Four more years!  Four more years!

My take? He's not taking it, but he's saying it is because something something Trump makes money in the end. That's what we hired him to do, make money for Trump.
(05-19-2020, 09:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This thread is about to be the first non-stickied thread in PnR to hit 100 pages. Well done, gentlemen.

When this shit is still raging 18 months from now we'll all look back on this post fondly.

I hope that doesn't really happen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-19-2020, 09:30 PM)jason Wrote: When this shit is still raging 18 months from now we'll all look back on this post fondly.

Hope versus human nature...I don't like those odds.
(05-19-2020, 08:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While I agree that HCQ isn't showing great things in limited sample studies, we must also acknowledge that the placebo effect is a real thing.  However, the doctor I caught the end of on the way home from work was talking about injecting partial proteins into cells and the body creating the antibodies to fight off the virus.  Sounded encouraging, but I honestly didn't hear the entire segment.

That’s a vaccine.

And we’ve reached the point of the discussion where Trump is taking a drug with real adverse affects without proven benefits because of a fake media driven plandemic caused by a “viruse” (virus + ruse) in the hope of a real placebo effect.

I couldn’t make that shit up if I tried.
(05-19-2020, 09:30 PM)jason Wrote: When this shit is still raging 18 months from now we'll all look back on this post fondly.

Spanish flu was from around January of 1918 to December 1920.

Hopefully are science will shorten that for us.