Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corporate welfare needs to stop
Sure let's just give away $18 million in taxpayer funds so another country can buy equipment from the military industrial complex.

Quote:By David Alexander

HAI PHONG, Vietnam (Reuters) - U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter pledged $18 million on Sunday to help Vietnam buy U.S. patrol boats, shortly after touring a Vietnamese coast guard vessel that was hit by a Chinese ship during a skirmish in the South China Sea.

Carter, who has been focusing on maritime security during an 11-day trip to the Asia-Pacific, visited the Vietnamese navy headquarters and coast guard headquarters before boarding the ship.

Carter is on his second visit to Asia since becoming defense secretary earlier this year. He said he planned to sign a "vision statement" on Monday with his Vietnamese counterpart to guide the expansion of bilateral military ties.

"We need to modernize our partnership," Carter told reporters during a visit to the northern city of Hai Phong. "After 20 years, there is more we could do together."

As part of that effort, he said Washington would provide $18 million to help Vietnam buy U.S.-made Metal Shark patrol boats to help Hanoi improve its maritime defense capabilities.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0OG0NB20150531
This kind of wealth redistribution doesn't count, it's all good........ Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-10-2015, 09:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: This kind of wealth redistribution doesn't count, it's all good........ Ninja

Please stop with your class warfare.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-10-2015, 09:49 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Please stop with your class warfare.

Sure thing.....when both sides agree to stop the warfare on us working stiffs, I'll gladly stop ****ing ThumbsUp

(06-10-2015, 09:49 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Please stop with your class warfare.

I'll stop when the powerful elite stop.
(06-10-2015, 12:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sure thing.....when both sides agree to stop the warfare on us working stiffs, I'll gladly stop ****ing ThumbsUp

(06-10-2015, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll stop when the powerful elite stop.

Please stop taking my obviously sarcastic posts as genuine.   Cool

(06-10-2015, 01:12 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Please stop taking my obviously sarcastic posts as genuine.   Cool

I can't speak for fred....but I knew it was sarcastic....I would expect nothing less from you....lol....that's why ya got the  ThumbsUp at the end.  If I'm serious, you won't get an emoticon.....jus' so ya know..... LMAO

(but I did use you as a vehicle to get my position on both parties out....you feel dirty? LMAO )

The GOP philosophy=welfare is good as long as it's going to good clean rich white men.
(06-10-2015, 01:12 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Please stop taking my obviously sarcastic posts as genuine.   Cool

(06-10-2015, 01:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: I can't speak for fred....but I knew it was sarcastic....I would expect nothing less from you....lol....that's why ya got the  ThumbsUp at the end.  If I'm serious, you won't get an emoticon.....jus' so ya know..... LMAO

(but I did use you as a vehicle to get my position on both parties out....you feel dirty? LMAO )

What's that at the end of my post.....Oh yeah it's the old  Cool...you taking my post seriously again there old man?   ThumbsUp

(06-10-2015, 02:10 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: What's that at the end of my post.....Oh yeah it's the old  Cool...you taking my post seriously again there old man?   ThumbsUp

Bah!!! You older than me!!!!

Oh......yeah.......

Cry :sparta:

(06-10-2015, 12:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sure thing.....when both sides agree to stop the warfare on us working stiffs, I'll gladly stop ****ing ThumbsUp

Seems like this would be a good deal for working stiffs....if it's actually built in this country.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-10-2015, 03:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Seems like this would be a good deal for working stiffs....if it's actually built in this country.

Same could be said about welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, Medicare and social security. All those programs are taxpayer money being given out to people, that then gets reinjected into the economy via buying things like food and gas or paying for doctor fees. There is zero difference between what the Pentagon just did and social welfare programs for the old and/or poor.
(06-10-2015, 04:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Same could be said about welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, Medicare and social security. All those programs are taxpayer money being given out to people, that then gets reinjected into the economy via buying things like food and gas or paying for doctor fees. There is zero difference between what the Pentagon just did and social welfare programs for the old and/or poor.

I'm not arguing for it, but it's hard to call this a war on working stiffs when it helps employ working stiffs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-10-2015, 05:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not arguing for it, but it's hard to call this a war on working stiffs when it helps employ working stiffs.

Decreasing corporate welfare should in theory decrease taxes paid or at least have more money for improving infrastructure, healthcare, education. Things that would really help working stiffs.

I don't know why people say I support class warfare when I clearly have no class. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-10-2015, 05:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Decreasing corporate welfare should in theory decrease taxes paid or at least have more money for improving infrastructure, healthcare, education. Things that would really help working stiffs.

Thank you fo clarifying for me......just like GE....hasn't paid taxes in seven years, yet they use (at a far greater rate) the infrastructure, municipalities, EMS services, etc. the rest of us use and pay taxes for.  It's bullshit.  No two ways about it.  They're not much better than the baby factory mooches everyone likes to point the finger at.  In fact, corporate welfare is probably worse just by shear dollar numbers vs what we give to poor folks.  

That trickle down shit is a farce. They laugh at those supporting that line of shit all the way to the bank. If not for labor, laws, this would already be the third world, bank on that. All you have to do is look back to the days of Rockefeller, Carnegie, Morgan, et. al for what it would/will be like if they had their way.

To be clear.....this is probably good for the 250 employees of Metal Shark boats.....but the story is but a microcosm of a much larger issue that the duopoly of corruption refuses to acknowledge.....no campaign war chest stuffing and lifetime bennies if they DO acknowledge it.

Hey Im all for getting rid of corpirate welfare as well, but that may also include things you like. Like tax breaks for alternative energy.

(06-10-2015, 08:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hey Im all for getting rid of corpirate welfare as well, but that may also include things you like.  Like tax breaks for alternative energy.

do you honestly think we would need tax breaks for alternate energy if oil wasn't subsidized and the corporations had to pay taxes?

(06-10-2015, 08:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hey Im all for getting rid of corpirate welfare as well, but that may also include things you like.  Like tax breaks for alternative energy.

Sink or swim baby......I'm just for all kicking in their fair share.  Don't rush to label......I'm no liberal either.  Both sides are full of dog doo as far as I'm concerned.  Nothing worse than a politician talking out both sides of their mouth.

"I'm for alternative fuels, lower emissions, and a smaller carbon footprint for all of you" as they board their dinosaur a minute burning private jet to go eat lunch......they're all treasonous criminals in my book, but that's another thread, another time.....along with the outlaw of hemp and the DuPont/Randolph-Hearst/Anslinger petrochemical connection......if you wanna talk alternative fuels.