Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could 8-0 Steelers be Taylors '03 Kansas City?
(11-10-2020, 09:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I see a chance to beat Pittsburgh, so with the negativity to your OP Fred, I will take it one game at a time and cross my fingers, toes, testicles and whatever else I have two of. Hell, I'll even cross my two ex wives.

Crossing one of those things could kill you.

Depending on how crazy your ex-wives are, 3 of them may kill you.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 11:04 PM)Tony Wrote: As for the Chiefs game I left my first born and his mom in the hospital for just this game to go home and watch and I still dont regret it lol.. Neither does my 17 year old son now lol

They didn't have TVs in that hospital's rooms? I watched the Steelers game the last time we beat them from the hospital... While all the family came to fawn over my newborn daughter.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 09:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If we beat Pittsburgh, there's a chance, Albeit a snowballs chance, we win against Washington, Giants, Dolphins, and Cowboys. Then we face Pittsburgh again. WTH, we beat em once, we can beat em twice. Then a good win over Houston will give us the confidence to beat the hell out of Baltimore. Sounds good to me. So, I'm sayin, if we beat the 8-0 Steelers, we may win out the season and go 10-5-1.

Sound crazy? I think not! Stranger things have happened in this world.

Folks are sleeping on the Dolphins right now...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I just wanna go on record somewhere saying that I believe we’ve turned a corner-that we will beat Pittsburgh.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 11:28 PM)jason Wrote: Folks are sleeping on the Dolphins right now...

That’ll be a tough game. They were playing well even before they put Tua in, and now he gives them even more of a chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 12:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’ll be a tough game. They were playing well even before they put Tua in, and now he gives them even more of a chance.

Redskins also have a terrible record, but they've got that pass rush... And their RBs are doing some damage at the moment. Scary Terry McLauren is the truth too. He's played well against some of the better CBs in the league. If they ever get a QB he's gonna be a top 5 WR soon.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 10:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Ironically in that Chiefs game, a young 1st RD failure
At WR named Peter Warrick had his best ever as
A Bengal. Warrick had 2 -60 yd plus scoring plays in a span
Of 10 minutes.
It might take a big game from a forgotten player to to be a deciding
Factor. Plus the game is in.Pittsburgh.the Cats rarely beat
The Steelers at Heinz.
Sorry but Alex Erickson isnt scoring 2 TDs Sunday.
He cant even.cross midfield on a punt return

In the last 20 years, the bengals have only beaten the steelers in cincy 3 times....while theyve beaten the steelers 6 times at Heinz.  So while youre right that they rarely beat the steelers at Heinz, its even worse at PBS   Thats 9 wins total against 33 losses including playoffs.  
Reply/Quote
its been 17 freaking years.. wth!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 11:26 PM)jason Wrote: They didn't have TVs in that hospital's rooms? I watched the Steelers game the last time we beat them from the hospital... While all the family came to fawn over my newborn daughter.
I live in northeast PA.. They didnt show the Bengals in my area except for against Pissburgh.. I use to program DirecTV cards to get nfl ticket free...
Reply/Quote
It's been 5 years since we've beat the Steelers.

We only beat them 3 times in the 2010's, but 2 of them were at their house.

With Joe Burrow at helm we've always got a chance.

Steelers have been in a lot of close games, they only have 8 (3 of Ben's 4 picks came in one game) turnovers compared to causing 15. They play a very clean game, as far as mental errors.

Their offense hasn't had 100 yards rushing in the last 3 games, despite having 5 straight to start the year.

Pittsburgh has sacked teams QB's more then any team so far with 32 (averaging 4 a game) our O-Line is gonna be crucial this game, aren't they always?

Our offensive line has played better these last two games, this is gonna be a measuring stick game though. Have they finally turned the corner under Turner or have these last two weeks been a mirage.

I know no matter what, I'm excited to see what this team and Joe Burrow can do against them.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I know there's been some talk about Zac's seat being warm this year if the team struggles, but if he can help beat the Steelers, then I think it pretty much guarantees him a 3rd season. Even if we lose every other game and finish 3-12-1.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Ide be stoked if it wasn't a blowout. Ide like to still be interested in the game in the second half.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Interesting. I want Burrow to come away from this game healthy. I want the Bengals to win obviously but I think the Steelers will dominant on all phases of the game except TOP and special teams.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 08:40 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Who on the team is gonna come out and guarantee the win?

Who is the veteran leader on offense that is getting it done?  Tyler Boyd.  
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 12:08 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: In the last 20 years, the bengals have only beaten the steelers in cincy 3 times....while theyve beaten the steelers 6 times at Heinz.  So while youre right that they rarely beat the steelers at Heinz, its even worse at PBS   Thats 9 wins total against 33 losses including playoffs.  

The level of domination the Steelers had over the Bengals in the Marvin Lewis era DEFIES LOGIC. The Steelers were a better team than the Bengals most of the time, but not by that much.

(winning teams = teams that finished with winning record)

First of all most people don't realize that during the Marvin Era only 5 teams (Phi, Ind, Den, Pitt, NE) had more wins against winning teams than the Bengals 42, but look at the breakdown of the Bengals and Steelers wins.

Bengals had 38 wins against winning teams other than Steelers.
Steelers had 38 wins against winning teams other than Bengals.

Bengals had 4 wins against Steelers when they finished with a winning record.
Steelers had 19 wins against Bengals when they finished with a winning record.

ONE THIRD of all of the Steelers wins against winning teams came against just one team, the Bengals.  They were not that much better than us, but they absolutely owned us.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 08:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Marvin was 4-5 in year 1.

Taylor is 4-19-1 in year 2.

So Marvin had as many wins in only 9 games as Taylor did in 24.  So I think the overall feeling surrounding each coach was completely different.

We went from having virtually no success over the previous 13 years to immediately being respectable.  That KC game had the enire fanbase beleiving that maybe things would finally be different.  The entire town was excited coming off that win.  For a rookie HC to have us at 5-5 was amazing.  Especially when many thought '03 was a throwaway rebuilding year, where our new franchise QB was shelved for a learning year.

Taylor, on the other hand, I think is basically at the point where needs wins like these to just convince anyone he wasn't a complete disaster of a hire.

All that said, I definitely think we can win on Sunday.  This is the NFL afterall, and the Steelers aren't nearly as good as their record suggest.  But I can't see a win this week coming anywhere close to what we saw in '03.  Completely different circumstances.

Last year, the Bengals started Ryan Finley for three games.  They lost their best weapon (Green) before the season even started.  They were basically evaluating the talent they had and in the offseason they made a lot of moves to address those holes.

Despite losing Wren, Tupou, Reader, Daniels, and Atkins for various reasons and times throughout the season (all at DT). Despite playing a lot of rookies at LB. Despite not having Waynes for one snap.  Despite Carlos Dunlap's disappearing act and ubbard's injury. And despite losing every single starter on the offensive line for at least one game.  They were ahead in the fourth quarter in 6 out of the 8 games they have played.   I know that it doesn't matter if they don't win, but one thing has been very clear:  they have found their QB and they are getting great production out of their rookie WR.  The defense played better against the Titans, but I would still say they are pretty far away on that side of the ball.  Last year the defense improved down the stretch to at least a respectable level.  If they can do that with Burrow at the trigger, they could go on a pretty strong run to finish the season.  

If Burrow finds a way to beat pitt this weekend, it will be every bit as amazing as the 03 game, and even more exciting moving forward largely because of what we continue to see out of Burrow.  I can't think of any game in recent history that I have wanted to win more than this one.  

I sincerely hope the NFL gives them a fair game.  I doubt it, but if they had half a brain they would realize that they wouldn't lose any of the steeler fans, but the Bengals fans would be VERY interested in the rest of the season.  Just call it fair.  
Reply/Quote
Is this a joke? Zac Taylor isn't qualified to hold the first down marker let alone be head coach. He will have no such "moments" only random flukes of success.
Reply/Quote
No. But it could be similar to the 2004 win @Baltimore. This is the game Palmer and company arrived.

https://youtu.be/zt4dkCq874s
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 07:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same situation.  New head coach with a losing career record desperately needs a big win to turn around the program.  faces undefeated opponenet.

Pitt... 8-0
KC.... 9-0

Marvin gets the big win and has a winning record over the rest of the season.  Over the next 12 years only has 2 losing seasons, compiles the tenth best record in the league, and makes the playoffs 7 times.

Hopefully if Taylor pulls it off we win some of those playoff games.

Plus a win over the Steelers would be a thousand times bigger than that win over the Chiefs just because it is the Steelers.

Sure hope so. Would be huge for this team to get a win against an undefeated Steelers team.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 11:28 PM)jason Wrote: Folks are sleeping on the Dolphins right now...

Agreed.

They are 5-3 with the following schedule remaining:
Chargers (2-6)
Broncos (3-5)
Jets (0-9)
Bengals (2-5-1)
Chiefs (8-1)
Patriots (3-5)
Raiders (5-3)
Bills (7-2)

Even if they only beat the teams with a worse record than them, that's still potentially 5 more wins, putting them at 10-6.
On top of that, they have Houston's 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2021 draft, putting their total at 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.
They could either really load up or they have ammo to trade up for a player they really want.

I think a WR, OT, and DL will be high on their priority list for the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote