Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Jackson do it again?
OK, so the Browns are interested in Hue. I say good for him.

However, if Hue goes, he will want and need a franchise QB. The draft doesn't look too good for getting a signal caller, and not too many on the market either.

So with the way that AJ McCarron is playing, could Hue maybe pull off another trade with the Bengals for AJ?

I am not saying that we will get a 1st and conditional 2nd round pick for the guy (though that would be sweet). However, I could see us trading him for a 2nd rounder or maybe even a 3rd rounder.

So I wonder, could you see Hue doing another deal with us?
Reply/Quote
No matter what Hue does, the Browns will be the Browns. They could get Burfict, Atkins, and Green.. and still F it up somehow. Lol

So no problem trading McCarron to the Browns if the return is good. At least you know the draft pick will be high in the round. They have the #2 in the first round, so that'd put them at what.. #33 in the 2nd? Since there are only 31 picks in the first round this year.

If they are desperate, McCarron and a 2nd for their 1st, go and grab Bosa. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:09 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: OK, so the Browns are interested in Hue.  I say good for him.

However, if Hue goes, he will want and need a franchise QB.  The draft doesn't look too good for getting a signal caller, and not too many on the market either.

So with the way that AJ McCarron is playing, could Hue maybe pull off another trade with the Bengals for AJ?

I am not saying that we will get a 1st and conditional 2nd round pick for the guy (though that would be sweet).  However, I could see us trading him for a 2nd rounder or maybe even a 3rd rounder.  

I don't see the Bengals trading a QB within the division. New Orleans or Philli might be possibilities.

Let the Browns develop their own QB. You never know when AJM will prove useful in the future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:24 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't see the Bengals trading a QB within the division. New Orleans or Philli might be possibilities.

Let the Browns develop their own QB. You never know when AJM will prove useful in the future.

I don't care who we trade him to if the guy can get us a 2nd round pick you have to be thinking about it.  

Sure AJM could be useful if Dalton gets injured again or even if Dalton doesn't come back to form after this particular injury.  However as of right now, Dalton should be able to return and Dalton is better than AJM.

Franchise QBs are hard to find and we, as of right now, have 1.  AJM has flashed well enough that he should be in consideration by many teams to be someone that they could build around.  Now I wouldn't give him away for anything less than a 3rd rounder, but if the Browns were to offer a 2nd rounder or even a 1st, we would be stupid to not take the offer.

Yes, making the Browns stronger can be problematic for us, however it would also assist us because they would be tougher for the other teams in the Division as well.  We wouldn't be facing the Steelers in the playoffs if the Browns were a little bit tougher.  So it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing to improve them.

If I were the GM...  I would try for Haden and a conditional 3rd round pick in 2017 for AJM.  If AJM leads the Browns to the playoffs, we get a 2nd rounder instead.  This way we get a strong CB.  Otherwise I would trade for this years 2nd round pick easily.
Reply/Quote
It would be wrong on many levels. First - it's the Browns were talking about here. Having them on your resume is like that stain on a white shirt that you can't ever get out. QB's go there and are doomed for the rest of their life. I like Hue way too much to wish for him to go there. Anywhere but there.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 04:58 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: It would be wrong on many levels. First - it's the Browns were talking about here. Having them on your resume is like that stain on a white shirt that can't ever get out. QB's go there and are doomed for the rest of their life. I like Hue way too much to wish for him to go there. Anywhere but there.

That would be his decision.  I would be terrible to see him go, let alone to a rival, however if he decided to make the change the good news is that he would need a QB and we just so happen to have a guy that has played pretty decent under his system already.

Try to think about it as if you were given an opportunity to be the HC of the Browns.

Would you roll the dice in the draft?  Go after a FA QB?  or would you rather get a guy that is showing that he can be successful in this league but still needs to develop and get seasoned?  A guy that already knows your system and can at least function in it?

Sure he could go to other places, but one thing to be careful on when making the decision is... Does the team have a QB already?  If they do, (NYG, TB, Tenn, Miami) then he could be stuck with a QB that doesn't fit his scheme, think Gruden with RGIII.  The Browns don't have that problem, they need a QB just as much as a HC and the new HC will have a lot of say when selecting the QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:09 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: OK, so the Browns are interested in Hue.  I say good for him.

However, if Hue goes, he will want and need a franchise QB.  The draft doesn't look too good for getting a signal caller, and not too many on the market either.

I am not saying that we will get a 1st and conditional 2nd round pick for the guy (though that would be sweet).  However, I could see us trading him for a 2nd rounder or maybe even a 3rd rounder.  

Beat me to it!...was thinking exactly the same thing.

I would not be surprised at all if he traded for AJMc though as you say it does depend entirely on what team he ended up at.

If its Tennessee then no as they have Mariota but if he does not like the situation then i could see him trading for a known quantity...even as a stop gap.

I don't want Hue in the division with /without McCarron...i think he's going to be great HC for someone
Reply/Quote
Basically we should get the word out that, even if Hue doesn't work for the Bengals he works for the Bengals. So...you probably should pass on him as your head coach.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 02:24 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I don't care who we trade him to if the guy can get us a 2nd round pick you have to be thinking about it.  

Sure AJM could be useful if Dalton gets injured again or even if Dalton doesn't come back to form after this particular injury.  However as of right now, Dalton should be able to return and Dalton is better than AJM.

Franchise QBs are hard to find and we, as of right now, have 1.  AJM has flashed well enough that he should be in consideration by many teams to be someone that they could build around.  Now I wouldn't give him away for anything less than a 3rd rounder, but if the Browns were to offer a 2nd rounder or even a 1st, we would be stupid to not take the offer.

Yes, making the Browns stronger can be problematic for us, however it would also assist us because they would be tougher for the other teams in the Division as well.  We wouldn't be facing the Steelers in the playoffs if the Browns were a little bit tougher.  So it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing to improve them.

If I were the GM...  I would try for Haden and a conditional 3rd round pick in 2017 for AJM.  If AJM leads the Browns to the playoffs, we get a 2nd rounder instead.  This way we get a strong CB.  Otherwise I would trade for this years 2nd round pick easily.

Not if you have to play him twice a year.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 07:39 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Not if you have to play him twice a year.

Why would that matter?

Is AJ better than Andy?

As of right now.  NO!

He could get better and be better, but as of now, he isn't better than what we have.

So I don't care if we have to play AJ twice a year, we still have the better QB.  We have the better team and we should still be able to beat the Browns.  

Will the games be closer?  Probably, there is nothing wrong with playing in a strong division though.  Guess who else would have to play a Browns led by AJ McCarron twice a year?  Pittsburgh and Baltimore.  Again, if the Browns were even a little bit better, then the Steelers would have lost.  There were a lot of TOs that the Browns just couldn't capitalize from.

So, no, I wouldn't care if we faced AJ twice a year.  If we were to be offered a 2nd round pick for someone that we got in the 5th round, that is a success.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 08:20 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Why would that matter?

Is AJ better than Andy?

As of right now.  NO!

He could get better and be better, but as of now, he isn't better than what we have.

So I don't care if we have to play AJ twice a year, we still have the better QB.  We have the better team and we should still be able to beat the Browns.  

Will the games be closer?  Probably, there is nothing wrong with playing in a strong division though.  Guess who else would have to play a Browns led by AJ McCarron twice a year?  Pittsburgh and Baltimore.  Again, if the Browns were even a little bit better, then the Steelers would have lost.  There were a lot of TOs that the Browns just couldn't capitalize from.

So, no, I wouldn't care if we faced AJ twice a year.  If we were to be offered a 2nd round pick for someone that we got in the 5th round, that is a success.

I matters! Trust me on this. It matters in many ways to the team and the Browns matter even more to Mike Brown.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 06:43 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Beat me to it!...was thinking exactly the same thing.

I would not be surprised at all if he traded for AJMc though as you say it does depend entirely on what team he ended up at.

If its Tennessee then no as they have Mariota but if he does not like the situation then i could see him trading for a known quantity...even as a stop gap.

I don't want Hue in the division with /without McCarron...i think he's going to be great HC for someone

As of now, there are reports that Cleveland is interested in him.

Unlike others on this board, I don't have a problem with Cleveland getting stronger.  Sure our games will be closer, but so will Pittsburgh and Baltimore's games with the Browns.  I also don't have an issue with playing in a strong division, as that just makes us that much more capable in beating the other teams in the NFL.

Right now, the Eagles, 49ners and Browns are the only teams that would be interested in a QB as well as a HC.  

It really comes down to what Hue is looking for.

Does he want to go to a place with an established QB like NYG?

Does he want to go to a place with a young QB, though one that he has no say in?

or

Does he want to go to a place that needs a QB, so he can bring in HIS guy?  (note: AJM may not be HIS guy and he might have someone else in mind)
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 08:26 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I matters! Trust me on this. It matters in many ways to the team and the Browns matter even more to Mike Brown.

No it doesn't.... stop it.

How many players have left Cincinnati and went to Cleveland?

So it doesn't matter as much as you wish it to.

If Hue does go to Cleveland, does that mean anything to Mike Brown?  Nope.
Reply/Quote
There is no way that I would trade him for a 2nd round pick. He's a very good backup QB, and that is very hard to find. I know that pick value is down right now and no teams are really trading high draft picks for players, but if it isn't at least a 1st, I say keep him.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Jackson wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for McCarron. Nor should he.

I'd rather take Goff, Lynch, Cook, Hackenberg, and Brissett over McCarron. Possibly even Carson Wentz. Feel like Wentz is having a Garoppolo type stock rise.

There's more options in the draft for a franchise QB than McCarron.

McCarron showed he can be a solid backup. Carson Palmer was a franchise QB. There's a big difference between those two players.

But hey, if Hue would want to trade a 2nd round pick for McCarron, I'd send him over in a heart beat.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
If hue somehow gave us a bunch of picks for AJM it would be hilarious...

No way I trade him in the division. Hue can trade for him if he gets another job. And the trade would have to be juicy
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:17 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No matter what Hue does, the Browns will be the Browns. They could get Burfict, Atkins, and Green.. and still F it up somehow. Lol

So no problem trading McCarron to the Browns if the return is good. At least you know the draft pick will be high in the round. They have the #2 in the first round, so that'd put them at what.. #33 in the 2nd? Since there are only 31 picks in the first round this year.

If they are desperate, McCarron and a 2nd for their 1st, go and grab Bosa. Lol

It sounds great but i doubt even the browns pull that bad of a trade
Reply/Quote
Hue aside I think the better question is, what do we do with AJ going forward? He's played well thus far, and a playoff win would be another feather in his cap. Teams will inquire about him, and we might entertain some offers. He's going to want to start eventually, if not here then somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 08:41 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: No it doesn't.... stop it.

How many players have left Cincinnati and went to Cleveland?

So it doesn't matter as much as you wish it to.

If Hue does go to Cleveland, does that mean anything to Mike Brown?  Nope.

Probably more than you think.....after all, Mike passed on stadium naming rights money to have his father's name emblazoned on the building, and we KNOW how much Mike loves the coin.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 11:21 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Hue aside I think the better question is, what do we do with AJ going forward? He's played well thus far, and a playoff win would be another feather in his cap. Teams will inquire about him, and we might entertain some offers. He's going to want to start eventually, if not here then somewhere else.

Depends on the Offer... But it its worth it you trade him and draft a new backup.. (or bring on in)

But if its not really worth looking into AJ is valuable as a backup.. Unless we think the fans will chant for AJ during games in that case ship him out of town
Reply/Quote