Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could RFK Jr step in for Biden?
This is a twist I didn’t see coming. Of course it’s just a “What if” article, but if I remember correctly, he was a Dem before he claimed independent. So this got me wondering. Many of you who support Biden have voiced some strong negatives about RFK Jr. But what if Biden stepped aside and RFK stepped in as the Democratic candidate?  https://www.newsweek.com/robert-kennedy-jr-addresses-replacing-biden-democratic-ticket-1918956

Quote:Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. addressed the possibility of replacing President Joe Biden as the Democratic nominee.

Biden is facing calls from many Democrats to step aside following a poorly received debate performance against former President Donald Trump on Thursday night. Biden's voice sounded hoarse, and he mumbled throughout many of his answers, doing little to dispel concerns about his age among swing voters as Trump was widely perceived as having more energy throughout the night.

Biden's debate performance sent Democrats into a panic as they fear he may not be a strong candidate to go against Trump in the November election. Many Democrats are now saying he should be replaced ahead of the Democratic convention scheduled for August.

Kennedy, who previously challenged Biden in the Democratic primary before changing his party affiliation to independent, was pressed by NewsNation's Chris Cuomo about whether he would be open to replacing Biden as the nominee.

Cuomo said Biden is "in freefall," and that Kennedy being the Democratic nominee could "really solve their problems and yours at the same time."

He asked: "Would you be open to talking to them if they reached out to you?"

"Of course I would talk to them. It would put me on the ballot with nobody trying to get me off," Kennedy responded, adding that he believes the Democratic National Committee would otherwise try to get him removed from the ballot in states across the country.

However, Kennedy would find himself at odds with Democratic voters on key issues, such as the COVID-19 vaccination. He has also given mixed statements about abortion, a key issue for Democrats.

He did not participate in the debate, as CNN said he did not meet their qualifications. Instead, he hosted his own version of the presidential debate.
It remains unclear whether Democrats would consider Kennedy as a potential replacement for Biden, should he decide to step down from the campaign. Pundits have listed several potential replacements, such as Vice President Kamala Harris, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer and California Governor Gavin Newsom.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 12:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is a twist I didn’t see coming. Of course it’s just a “What if” article, but if I remember correctly, he was a Dem before he claimed independent. So this got me wondering. Many of you who support Biden have voiced some strong negatives about RFK Jr. But what if Biden stepped aside and RFK stepped in as the Democratic candidate?  https://www.newsweek.com/robert-kennedy-jr-addresses-replacing-biden-democratic-ticket-1918956

Democrats face a number of issues attempting to replace Biden, even with Kamala.

RFK Jr. has not qualified in a lot of states. It is the states who determine their criteria to get on their ballot.

Biden has over 200 million dollars in the bank. The money is not permitted to be turned over to another candidate so the new person would be in a huge campaign finance hole.

Every alternative to Biden is polling worse than Biden.

Few Democrats have name recognition Nationally. No doubt, the liberal base would vote for any Democratic candidate. The problem is swing voters. Would they feel duped by the DNC for hiding Biden's mental state of mind. He did not wake up Thursday and suddenly shows signs of dementia. Those in his orbit including his wife, Kamala, Schumer, DNC and other Democrats had to see the decline.

Some may give them a pass, but voters are not stupid, the media and the entire DNC got exposed during the debate.

I am not sure at this late stage they can switch out Biden and have any shot at beating Trump.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
He should.

Giving them a better, non-enfeebled Canadair.

Amazing that people are lying to themselves about Biden's cognitive state for so long...
Reply/Quote
Hell no

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Kennedy would have less of a chance than Biden does IMO. He is very unpopular amongst Democrats, for one. He’s a Democrat that I’ve noticed many Republicans seem to like but doesn’t garner much support from his own party.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 01:02 PM)pally Wrote: Hell no

But if it did happen, would you vote?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 01:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: But if it did happen, would you vote?

The fact they are not scrambling to replace dementia Joe, and they are not invoking the amendment to replace him immediately is telling of the liberal left. They do not mind abusing Joe Biden as a muppet to keep the shadow government handlers in power.

The lockstep left are quiet as sheep, because they are complicit.

Someone needs to step up and save Joe Biden's dignity and end this abuse.

Why is it that the liberal left is okay with the continued abuse in the light of day?

Shameful.
Reply/Quote
After 7 years of Trump and Biden, it should be plainly obvious that POTUS is largely a figurehead, as I've been saying for a long time.

Career staffers have been running things for a long time. A President may have deep expertise on a few topics, but even then it's no match for people who's entire education and experience is in the field. Those people KNOW how to "guide" the President to the solutions they favor. And if not, those same people know how to torpedo the policy so it gets knocked down by Congress or the courts, or is just rendered toothless by design.

It's too bad people don't expend the same energy and scrutiny for their elected representatives. Congress, not the President, is who appropriates all the spending and passes (or doesn't pass) all the laws.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 03:26 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: After 7 years of Trump and Biden, it should be plainly obvious that POTUS is largely a figurehead, as I've been saying for a long time.

I think most of us can agree. But you also need a person to be competent and confident. Trump is confident but lacks competency, simply because his ego is beyond the stars.
Quote:Career staffers have been running things for a long time.  A President may have deep expertise on a few topics, but even then it's no match for people who's entire education and experience is in the field.  Those people KNOW how to "guide" the President to the solutions they favor.  And if not, those same people know how to torpedo the policy so it gets knocked down by Congress or the courts, or is just rendered toothless by design.

Agreed. A president doesn't make these decisions on his own, he's usually just a piece of the approval process. But, he does get the credit, good or bad. But the actual blame goes to the American voter. Our congress is full of lunatics. Our senate does not fare much better. But, we keep putting the same idiots in the seats.
Quote:
Quote:It's too bad people don't expend the same energy and scrutiny for their elected representatives.  Congress, not the President, is who appropriates all the spending and passes (or doesn't pass) all the laws.

Again, a President takes the credit under their administration. But at the same time when things are wrong, he blames lawmakers as an out. It's all bullshit anyway. I don't think we've had a good congress or senate for a while. 
Reply/Quote
Amazing the fall back option is the best option for either side...
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 04:04 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Amazing the fall back option is the best option for either side...

I'm not sure about that one. Mr. Kennedy believes Bill Gates put a chip in the covid vaccine and that people who do not get vaccinated get their money chip disabled so they must starve. That is crazy talk and I don't want a crazy person in the white house, that is actually dangerous. I prefer Biden and/or his shadow instigators over a lunatic any day and I guess most people agree.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 05:26 PM)hollodero Wrote: I'm not sure about that one. Mr. Kennedy believes Bill Gates put a chip in the covid vaccine and that people who do not get vaccinated get their money chip disabled so they must starve. That is crazy talk and I don't want a crazy person in the white house, that is actually dangerous. I prefer Biden and/or his shadow instigators over a lunatic any day and I guess most people agree.

Compared to dementia Joe, where we do not know where his handles sit, and abusing the guy,  that is a much better option, morally... 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 03:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote:
I think most of us can agree. But you also need a person to be competent and confident. Trump is confident but lacks competency, simply because his ego is beyond the stars.

Agreed. A president doesn't make these decisions on his own, he's usually just a piece of the approval process. But, he does get the credit, good or bad. But the actual blame goes to the American voter. Our congress is full of lunatics. Our senate does not fare much better. But, we keep putting the same idiots in the seats.

Again, a President takes the credit under their administration. But at the same time when things are wrong, he blames lawmakers as an out. It's all bullshit anyway. I don't think we've had a good congress or senate for a while. 

Show me a politician, I will show you a person with a huge ego. The more power (position), the bigger the ego.

Bill Clinton
Hillary Clinton
Obama
Biden 
Trump

All have huge egos and narcissistic traits.

Obama have biggest ego of them all. Did that make him a bad President?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 05:26 PM)hollodero Wrote: I'm not sure about that one. Mr. Kennedy believes Bill Gates put a chip in the covid vaccine and that people who do not get vaccinated get their money chip disabled so they must starve. That is crazy talk and I don't want a crazy person in the white house, that is actually dangerous. I prefer Biden and/or his shadow instigators over a lunatic any day and I guess most people agree.

I am not attempting to berate you in any way. I would love to hear some basic info. It is my understanding you reside in another country. Did you also reside in the US? Are you a dual citizen or not a citizen of the US?

I know you have strong opinions about American politics so curious if you vote in the US.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 06:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not attempting to berate you in any way. I would love to hear some basic info. It is my understanding you reside in another country. Did you also reside in the US? Are you a dual citizen or not a citizen of the US?

I know you have strong opinions about American politics so curious if you vote in the US.

No, I do not vote in the US.

I usually fail at proper describing my interest. It's a mixture of my admiration, knowing that the US is our cultural hegemon in many respects and that their elections (and all kinds of developments) are more consequential to the world, and possibly my country, than my own's, and US politics kind of is like watching a long-running series - especially since Trump came along, who leaves my and most of my fellow countrymen just astonished in many ways.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 05:41 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Compared to dementia Joe, where we do not know where his handles sit, and abusing the guy,  that is a much better option, morally... 

I don't know about abuse. I'm pretty certain Joe Biden himself wants to run and I wouldn't know if anyone could effectively forbid him. He's the POTUS, after all.

What I don't think Biden is, or possible shadow handlers are, is batshit crazy. He never was and wasn't in the debate at question. Mr. Kennedy, however, is a crazy person and crazy is dangerous.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 06:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't know about abuse. I'm pretty certain Joe Biden himself wants to run and I wouldn't know if anyone could effectively forbid him. He's the POTUS, after all.

We try to keep our kids from sticking forks into a light socket. Which would be the equivalent, We have to protect our elders too. He's about to do the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 05:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Show me a politician, I will show you a person with a huge ego. The more power (position), the bigger the ego.

Bill Clinton
Hillary Clinton
Obama
Biden 
Trump

All have huge egos and narcissistic traits.

Obama have biggest ego of them all. Did that make him a bad President?

Yeah, but Trump exceeds them all.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 10:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, but Trump exceeds them all.

I agree. I feel like the one thing that both sides can agree on is that Trump has a massive ego. To say that Obama was more egotistical is a strange take to me.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 06:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't know about abuse. I'm pretty certain Joe Biden himself wants to run and I wouldn't know if anyone could effectively forbid him. He's the POTUS, after all.

What I don't think Biden is, or possible shadow handlers are, is batshit crazy. He never was and wasn't in the debate at question. Mr. Kennedy, however, is a crazy person and crazy is dangerous.

I am fairly certain if Joe were given a choice between a waffle cone of vanilla ice cream and being president, he would choose the waffle cone.

He is being steered, handled, and abused.

It was a joke before, but now it is shameful and needs to stop.
Reply/Quote