Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Could WJ3 be traded ?
Can’t we cut the cornerback that can’t tackle already. Looking at you Dre
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 02:21 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Can’t we cut the cornerback that can’t tackle already.  Looking at you Dre

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
No one really tackled good in the secondary last
Year other than Dennard
Funny how WJ3 gets a pass....it's blamed on coaching and scheme
But not in the case of Dre.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 02:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: No one really tackled good in the secondary last
Year other than Dennard

The difference is pretty clear in the players, youth and upside with one Corner. The other a poor tackler getting paid like a #1
when at best he is the #3 Corner on the roster and will be a backup.

Pretty clear who I would like to keep and who I would like to let go.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 02:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: No one really tackled good in the secondary last
Year other than Dennard

Who’s giving him a pass? He needs to play better for sure. That goes for the majority of the team though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Depending on what you can get for him then you make the trade. Not sure the package would be that tempting though considering other trades that have happened.
To me it has to me a first or 2nd + a mid RD pick doubt you could get either of those two for him right now so I would keep him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Year other than Dennard

WJ3 has shown elite ability when has Dre ever shown that. Honestly it's not that hard to see the difference between the two.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Glad there's a thread on this, as it has come up elsewhere.

I believe his 5th year salary is guaranteed for injury only, so if we trade him we clear the whole thing with no cap hit.

Naturally, like all trades it depends on what we're offered. But I do think it makes sense. What if you could trade him for a 3, and use that cap space to bring in Daryl Williams? Or Derek Wolfe and Alec Ogletree? Even if we just turned around and spent that same pick on a CB it would make sense.

And look, in NFL terms 2017 was forever ago. What if the coaching staff is thinking that almost zero ball production means not a good CB (but other clubs remember his combine and think they can teach it to him). I mean they were lauding Phillips for his ball production and saying we need to get him on the field more, then signed a bunch of CBs to play ahead of him! So cut Dre and save 8.3M or trade WJIII and save 9.5M? That's the question.
Reply/Quote
If you trade him, you have to replace him. If you're trying to fill holes, why keep making more holes? It's not like finding good CB's is a slam dunk.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I would trade WJ3 for a play making LB.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 03:37 PM)McC Wrote: If you trade him, you have to replace him.  If you're trying to fill holes, why keep making more holes?  It's not like finding good CB's is a slam dunk.

The Bengals just found  2 in the last week 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 03:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I would trade WJ3 for a play making LB.

I would rather just cut Dre, trade Dalton for a playmaking LB...

The Patriots probably want to hold onto their picks so a player for player trade might work out best for both parties.

The Patriots have some good Linebackers.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 03:54 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The Bengals just found  2 in the last week 

So now that we've got the right number, let's subtract one.  Brilliant!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 03:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I would trade WJ3 for a play making LB.

Which play making LB would that be?  We all know they grow on trees and teams will be lining up to get rid of one so we'll probably have our pick.

Reply/Quote
With Dre being on the team, WJIII is our Deion Sanders.
Reply/Quote
W3 need to play man to man be right up on the wide receiver. He’s really good at that. He’s not very good playing zone coverage or cover 3.
Reply/Quote
Here's my point about why we need to make a trade and/or unload a salary or two. I also just did another mock at thedraftnetwork and wanted to post it somewhere.

Below to me is about the best case scenario in the draft, on the assumption that we get nothing for Dalton and maybe sign Josh Bynes or somebody before the draft. I also traded from 33 down to 53 (Eagles) to pick up a late third. According to most draft charts that wouldn't be an equitable deal for us, but their mock draft machine doesn't let you trade down unless you give up more than you should, and it worked out anyway so...

1. Joe Burrow
53. Kenneth Murray, LB
65. Josh Uche, LB/Edge
103. Jason Strowbridge, Edge/3T
107. Damien Lewis, G
147. Devin Duvernay, WR
180. Terrence Steele, OT
215. Kamren Curl, S/CB

Ok, we'd be better with that, but I still think we'd have tons of holes. Our front office continuously underestimates how much talent it takes to win consistently. Lots of players aren't going to work out for various reasons, so you really need to stack the roster as much as possible.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 09:39 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Here's my point about why we need to make a trade and/or unload a salary or two. I also just did another mock at thedraftnetwork and wanted to post it somewhere.

Below to me is about the best case scenario in the draft, on the assumption that we get nothing for Dalton and maybe sign Josh Bynes or somebody before the draft. I also traded from 33 down to 53 (Eagles) to pick up a late third. According to most draft charts that wouldn't be an equitable deal for us, but their mock draft machine doesn't let you trade down unless you give up more than you should, and it worked out anyway so...

1. Joe Burrow
53. Kenneth Murray, LB
65. Josh Uche, LB/Edge
103. Jason Strowbridge, Edge/3T
107. Damien Lewis, G
147. Devin Duvernay, WR
180. Terrence Steele, OT
215. Kamren Curl, S/CB

Ok, we'd be better with that, but I still think we'd have tons of holes. Our front office continuously underestimates how much talent it takes to win consistently. Lots of players aren't going to work out for various reasons, so you really need to stack the roster as much as possible.

Murray in the bottom third of the second?  Most people think he won't even be there at 33.  I understand the unpredictability of the draft but there seems to be a virtual consensus on him being a first rounder.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 09:44 PM)McC Wrote: Murray in the bottom third of the second?  Most people think he won't even be there at 33.  I understand the unpredictability of the draft but there seems to be a virtual consensus on him being a first rounder.

Yeah, I have heard Psych say that Murray is an arm tackler, problem for that argument is he almost ALWAYS makes the tackle.

He takes great angles and has great anticipation and is insanely gifted in reading what is going on around him.

Murray besides Simmons is my favorite LB in this Draft. I do like Queen though now after watching more film.

Murray, Delpit, Queen or Baun would be great at 33 IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I have heard Psych say that Murray is an arm tackler, problem for that argument is he almost ALWAYS makes the tackle.

He takes great angles and has great anticipation and is insanely gifted in reading what is going on around him.

Murray besides Simmons is my favorite LB in this Draft. I do like Queen though now after watching more film.

Murray, Delpit, Queen or Baun would be great at 33 IMO.

A lot of people think won't get by the Ratbirds in the first.  a LOT of people.

Reply/Quote