Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could all these coaching changes be a good thing?
Even if Marvin Lewis stays, can all these new position coach changes/offensive coordinator changes be a good thing? Could this be a change of scenery?

I don't know what to think, I feel like a change of scenery of coaches can maybe help but what if it doesn't and it makes the team worse.

Hue Jackson, Vance Joseph, Mark Carrier, Jay Hayes, and whoever left..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
No. It has to start from the top.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
You think there will be changes...
[Image: th?id=OIP.Maeffdb86f52d61ce8dc8389900c8e...0&pid=15.1]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
My only worry with VJ and Carrier going is that it's diminishes the ties for free agents in our secondary.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:39 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Even if Marvin Lewis stays, can all these new position coach changes/offensive coordinator changes be a good thing? Could this be a change of scenery?

I don't know what to think, I feel like a change of scenery of coaches can maybe help but what if it doesn't and it makes the team worse.

I expected Jackson and Joseph.   But with Hayes and Carrier leaving it does kind of feel like the rats are deserting the ship.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:39 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Even if Marvin Lewis stays, can all these new position coach changes/offensive coordinator changes be a good thing? Could this be a change of scenery?

Good for who?

I don't see that as good for pretty much everyone involved. None of the coaches leaving are going to stable jobs.

Could this be a sign that the Bengals are going to cut loose of some long time players who's contracts are up? I wonder. The coaches have gotta know what the rough plan is and it might not be pretty.

(01-15-2016, 08:54 PM)3wt Wrote: I expected Jackson and Joseph.   But with Hayes and Carrier leaving it does kind of feel like the rats are deserting the ship.

I believe it is a pro-survival thing to depart a ship when it's sinking. The faster it's going down, the fast you depart.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Good for who?

I don't see that as good for pretty much everyone involved. None of the coaches leaving are going to stable jobs.

Could this be a sign that the Bengals are going to cut loose of some long time players who's contracts are up? I wonder. The coaches have gotta know what the rough plan is and it might not be pretty.

CB: Denard, Kirkpatrick, Shaw (we'll be fine there)
S: Williams and Smith (Fine there too)

Assuming we don't bring any FA's back. This is why the team builds through the draft. If this is the starting line-up next season, they are all young players that have been in the system, so there shouldn't be a big drop off, if any from a personnel standpoint.
Reply/Quote
The only good thing would be if we were also getting a new HC, where all the ethic comes from. We are not. So this is not good, no other way to spin it.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:03 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: CB: Denard, Kirkpatrick, Shaw (we'll be fine there)

Assuming we don't bring any FA's back. This is why the team builds through the draft. If this is the starting line-up next season, they are all young players that have been in the system, so there shouldn't be a big drop off, if any from a personnel standpoint.

There's basically no depth there in the secondary. It's not like our secondary guys don't miss any games cause they do and sometimes two at a time. The above is the rock bottom minimum we'd need to run the defense.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:03 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: CB: Denard, Kirkpatrick, Shaw (we'll be fine there)

Looking at that potential secondary, I am not sure we have the same definition of fine.

Reply/Quote
It depends on the players. Hayes Defensive lines did nothing until we Got Geno and Dunlap here, Carrier and Joseph had a talented group to coach as well, the offense was pretty good before Hue was the offensive coordinator(and not as good with both Eifert and Jones out last season), the LBers were a mess until Vontaz played this season. So I don't think this will have a negative or positive impact on the team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Honestly, it doesn't feel that way.

All of these guys leaving just makes me feel all the more that this should have been a "rebuilding" year coaching-wise.

Suppose this is Marvin's last season. A new guy will come in and be shackled to coaches hired by a lame duck the year before.

I mean if that works out, great. But right now? Doesn't make much sense to me.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:45 PM)Interceptor Wrote: No. It has to start from the top.

I don't understand. It's hard to make it to the playoffs. Bengals did it 5 years in a row. Logic says keep the top.

(01-15-2016, 08:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe it is a pro-survival thing to depart a ship when it's sinking. The faster it's going down, the fast you depart.

It is also a sign of a strong coaching staff that other teams are trying to get a hand on. It's not like they are getting fired, but hired elsewhere.

(01-15-2016, 09:04 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: The only good thing would be if we were also getting a new HC, where all the ethic comes from. We are not. So this is not good, no other way to spin it.

Keep drinking the media kool aid.
Marvin has been a very successful coach last 5 years, and other teams are envious of the cincy coaching staff. That is fact.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Suppose this is Marvin's last season.

It's not often that I am able to use the same picture for my reply twice in one thread...

[Image: th?id=OIP.Maeffdb86f52d61ce8dc8389900c8e...0&pid=15.1]

You actually think Marvin will ever have a last season until he personally wants it to be. That's funny.

Reply/Quote
It all starts with the HC...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter what you do if the game is rigged against you.

Reply/Quote
Seriously you guys think coaches are abandoning the ship? Why?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Seriously you guys think coaches are abandoning the ship?  Why?

A 47-year-old guy who just suddenly calls it quits, and a guy who makes a lateral move away from the job he's had for 13 years with his twin brother and childhood friend.... both happening in the same day.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A 47-year-old guy who just suddenly calls it quits, and a guy who makes a lateral move away from the job he's had for 13 years with his twin brother and childhood friend.... both happening in the same day.

A DB coach leaves without another job.  They don't make the money to do that. The logical conclusion is he was politely asked to leave.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It's a good thing for them leaving Cincy. They might actually get somewhere without Lewis at the helm.
Reply/Quote