Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could see Bengals doing this-mock
I know it seems highly unlikely that he was there, but if he gets by Dallas, Chicago,  and Miami...

And I would do it in a heartbeat.  

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 24: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 24: Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 24: Justin Simmons, FS, Boston College (A)
Round 4 Pick 24: Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama (A)
Round 5 Pick 22: Willie Henry, DT, Michigan (B-)
Round 6 Pick 24: Tajae Sharpe, WR, Massachusetts (B+)
Round 7 Pick 24: Devon Johnson, RB, Marshall ©

I only wish there was a C available in the later rounds for development, but the class is very top-heavy in terms of talent and there just wasn't anyone available.  No, I am not an OSU homer, although I do root for them.  College is 1/100th my passion for the Bengals.  

People might question the last RB, but I like him for a short-yardage, move the chains-type player.  Kind of like Mike Alstott did for Tampa years ago and kept the other RB fresh from taking more short-yardage pounding.  

If the Bengals go this way, I could see Gio and Rex playing a lot more slot WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You wouldn't be an OSU [Image: 167?cb=20141025153213] would you?
Reply/Quote
Did you even read the post?
Reply/Quote
Pretty realistic. I like all the picks except for the first.

I get that Elliott might be the clear BPA available, but I would cry if this happened. If the Bengals took Kelly instead, they'd have a clear upgrade at C that would solidify the entire OL. That OL would then be able to open up clear holes like DAL's OL did for Murray in 2015 and we wouldn't even be thinking about Elliott because Bernard and Hill would be that much more improved (especially Hill). Kelly would also improve the passing game by giving Dalton more time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Id be shocked if they took one buckeye let alone 2 in a row lol
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 10:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know it seems highly unlikely that he was there, but if he gets by Dallas, Chicago,  and Miami...

And I would do it in a heartbeat.  

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 24: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 24: Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 24: Justin Simmons, FS, Boston College (A)
Round 4 Pick 24: Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama (A)
Round 5 Pick 22: Willie Henry, DT, Michigan (B-)
Round 6 Pick 24: Tajae Sharpe, WR, Massachusetts (B+)
Round 7 Pick 24: Devon Johnson, RB, Marshall ©

I only wish there was a C available in the later rounds for development, but the class is very top-heavy in terms of talent and there just wasn't anyone available.  No, I am not an OSU homer, although I do root for them.  College is 1/100th my passion for the Bengals.  

People might question the last RB, but I like him for a short-yardage, move the chains-type player.  Kind of like Mike Alstott did for Tampa years ago and kept the other RB fresh from taking more short-yardage pounding.  

If the Bengals go this way, I could see Gio and Rex playing a lot more slot WR.

Should have taken a closer look at Austin Blythe, C, Iowa.  If the guy were about 2 inches taller, he would likely be #2, right behind Kelly.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Should have taken a closer look at Austin Blythe, C, Iowa.  If the guy were about 2 inches taller, he would likely be #2, right behind Kelly.

He was gone too by the time the fourth round selection was made.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 10:12 AM)Stewy Wrote: You wouldn't be an OSU [Image: 167?cb=20141025153213] would you?

(04-27-2016, 02:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did you even read the post?

Yes.  But I love using Homer icons.  Sorry for making you a victim.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:43 AM)Stewy Wrote: Yes.  But I love using Homer icons.  Sorry for making you a victim.

No apologies...I STILL use the "will there be beer" in Homer's voice joke that I first used in college...over 20 years ago.  
Reply/Quote