Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could the debates change your mind?
Is there anything that could happen either positively or negatively that would make you even consider switching your vote for either Trump or Clinton or to got 3rd or 4th party?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I made up my mind during the primaries. I'd vote Kasich or Bush from GOP, Biden from DNC. None of those are options, so I'm voting Johnson again.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
No.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
If one comes out as a master debater, then I might.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Nope.
Of course it could. There are a great many things that could change my mind between now and the first Tuesday in November.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Is it just me or does it sound like trump only talks in gross generalizations and fills space by repeating what he just said? I know some here have said Obama is not a good orator, but this is just absurd.

***nothing herein is an endorsement of HRC and her corrupt ways. merely pointing out that frump is intellectually inferior***
If I thought Trump could win my state, I'd vote for Hillary. But that will never happen, so Johnson all the way.
--------------------------------------------------------

(09-26-2016, 11:14 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Is it just me or does it sound like trump only talks in gross generalizations and fills space by repeating what he just said?   I know some here have said Obama is not a good orator, but this is just absurd.  

***nothing herein is an endorsement of HRC and her corrupt ways.   merely pointing out that frump is intellectually inferior***

I dunno man every time i hear hillary speak i think I'm watching Congressman Cam Brady give a speech.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
(09-26-2016, 11:29 PM)basballguy Wrote: I dunno man every time i hear hillary speak i think I'm watching Congressman Cam Brady give a speech.  

I get it.  But there is no 0 substance behind half of the aural space he's occupying.  Now he's bitching about her not being "nice"

***again.  I don't trust her for shit***
Well I just watched the whole thing and it reinforced to me that it is not a giant media conspiracy that Trump is an uncivilized, unintelligent, non-empathetic, childish, pathological, irresponsible person.
It will be spun by his surrogates, but by no means did Trump win that one. At best he didn't lose ground.

(09-26-2016, 12:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I made up my mind during the primaries. I'd vote Kasich or Bush from GOP, Biden from DNC. None of those are options, so I'm voting Johnson again.

I'd have voted for Kasich, but never for Bush. He could be the greatest candidate in the history of the world and I would refuse to vote for him. Two people from the same family becoming President is already one too many. Three is just straight up a Royal Family then.

I'll probably vote Johnson, though I really really don't want Clinton, I also would lose some self respect if I voted for Trump simply because he was not Clinton.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-26-2016, 11:45 PM)treee Wrote: Well I just watched the whole thing and it reinforced to me that it is not a giant media conspiracy that Trump is an uncivilized, unintelligent, non-empathetic, childish, pathological, irresponsible person.

Operation drumpf-O drop.  
(09-26-2016, 11:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It will be spun by his surrogates, but by no means did Trump win that one. At best he didn't lose ground.

I think he won the first half-hour. But then lost it the rest of the way. Hillary & her preppers had it planned on throwing out easy bait for him to take, and he did too many times that last hour and 15 or so. So yeah, he didnt win it imo. But at this point I dont think it really matters overall with this election between her sheeple and his deplorables.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

We'll see. I think it was converse of what folks thought. Hills went on the attack and Trump on the defensive.

(09-26-2016, 11:57 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I think he won the first half-hour. But then lost it the rest of the way. Hillary & her preppers had it planned on throwing out easy bait for him to take, and he did too many times that last hour and 15 or so. So yeah, he didnt win it imo. But at this point I dont think it really matters overall with this election between her sheeple and his deplorables.

It doesn't matter with those on board, but there are some people who are still undecided or not fully on with any candidate.

He took the bait too much and lost his composure. He did a good job for the first half hour and being calm, but then it went to hell. He screwed up saying that it was "just good business" for him to profit off of the losses of middle class Americans. Same with saying he would be "smart" to not pay any taxes. Then the "probably didn't do a good job" when she mentioned the contractor he stiffed. 

I learned in the 2012 debates that most people only respond to who is more aggressive, who seems "stronger".

I thought that was a push, and that's pretty much how I see these results playing out. Supporters of either side will think their candidate won decisively, but I don't expect many people to be swayed by this debate.

Technically, Hillary commanded the debate. But I don't think "technical" is how most people watch the debates.
--------------------------------------------------------

So round one is over.

Clinton didn't pass out/die.  I don't think she even cleared her throat.

Trump sniffled a lot and drank so much water he made Rubio look hydrated.

Clinton mentioned some specifics which I hope get fact checked.

Trump talked a lot and repeated himself a lot and will also be fact checked though I'm not sure he used a fact.

He huffed, talked over the moderator and Clinton and generally looked very Trumpish.

I'm sure his supporters loved it.

Hopefully the few undecided left saw through his machismo act.

Otherwise it was just hilarious television.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Did anybody find it disrespectful on Hill's part for calling her opponent by his first name?