Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Countdown to David Bell's Firing
Well, the REDS FO has to blame someone and I feel David Bell will be canned soon. I say it will be in the next few weeks.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 01:58 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, the REDS FO has to blame someone and I feel David Bell will be canned soon. I say it will be in the next few weeks.

I'd say it's coming soon. They'll have to at least make it appear they are trying.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of Bell because I think he struggles with in-game decision making. He seems to only go by analytics; it's a criticism Boone receives in NY. Having established this opinion, I don't think Bell is the cause of all problems with the Reds. He manages a roster mostly void of big league talent.

I agree though, the Reds will eventually fire Bell and use him as the scapegoat for their problems to try and buy some favor with fans.
Reply/Quote
Sounds about right with this ownership. Trade or cut all of your talent away. Complain about the fans complaining about you. Then blame the manager who you saddled with this pathetic roster and fire him. Next thing you know they’ll be blaming Votto calling him a cancer or blaming Greene for not being an all star day one. Blame anyone but themselves.

Any coach with half a brain would turn down the job. Even a temporary spot for the rest of the season will sour your resume as a coach.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 09:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm not a fan of Bell because I think he struggles with in-game decision making. He seems to only go by analytics; it's a criticism Boone receives in NY. Having established this opinion, I don't think Bell is the cause of all problems with the Reds. He manages a roster mostly void of big league talent.

I agree though, the Reds will eventually fire Bell and use him as the scapegoat for their problems to try and buy some favor with fans.

Oh I agree

This teams problems go beyond Bell. But I also believe he's not a good in game Mgr. He doesn't really have that instinct, that hand on the pulse of the team ability.
Reply/Quote
I dont get it, why would you fire Bell. Who do you replace him with that is better? No "better manager" is going to want to manage this team.
Reply/Quote
Bell isn’t going anywhere this year. Not while another Bell operates in the FO. Nepotism doesn’t work that way.
Reply/Quote
Was always a bum, but the FO have rarely ever done him any favors.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine it would make any difference at all. Then you're paying two managers and still ending up in last place.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I don't see any need to fire Bell.

You would not even be able to evaluate whoever replaced him because no manager could do anything with thsi roster.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 03:01 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Bell isn’t going anywhere this year. Not while another Bell operates in the FO. Nepotism doesn’t work that way.

Sad but true.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 03:01 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Bell isn’t going anywhere this year. Not while another Bell operates in the FO. Nepotism doesn’t work that way.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, however. If they get to like 9-45 or something and there's only 2,000 people in the stands they may not have a choice ?
Reply/Quote
Today on PTI they discussed the dismal state of the Reds. They mentioned Bell is putting bad rosters out there. Well, the whole team is bad so what is Bell to do? Nobody is above being fired IMO.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
The Reds have won a few games. Looks like Bell will be kept for now. Just wait until the next losing streak.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote