Poll: How many weeks until the next mass shooting?
This poll is closed.
0%
0 0%
11.11%
1 11.11%
33.33%
3 33.33%
0%
0 0%
22.22%
2 22.22%
11.11%
1 11.11%
11.11%
1 11.11%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
10+
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Countdown to the next mass shooting
(11-08-2017, 11:15 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: This is 'Murica. Being callous, disrespect and taking advantage are the name of the game. Don't be such a snowflake.

I posted the Texas shooting twice and it was deleted twice by a moderator claiming that I was disrespecting those that died.
I clearly had not. So who are the snowflakes that needed protection?

Had I posted this identical thread, with the same thread title as yours it would have been deleted.

A thread about a white supremacist shooting up that church...and let's discuss.

Liberal privilege.
(11-08-2017, 11:28 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I really don't. I know one will be coming, but instead of wondering about it I try to discuss the issues surrounding it, send information to my elected officials, and really attempt to affect change.

According to some, there is just nothing that can be done about this.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(11-08-2017, 11:32 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: According to some, there is just nothing that can be done about this.

[Image: uKjrRMn.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-08-2017, 11:32 AM)Vlad Wrote: I posted the Texas shooting twice and it was deleted twice by a moderator claiming that I was disrespecting those that died.
I clearly had not. So who are the snowflakes that needed protection?

Had I posted this identical thread, with the same thread title as yours it would have been deleted.

A thread about a white supremacist shooting up that church...and let's discuss.

Liberal privilege.

And how do you propose that this thread is disrespectful to victims of the shooting?
Toughen up nancies.

Within the month..... the Muslims can’t control themselves when they aren’t getting the bulk of the news in regards to these types of attacks.

My prediction: Religion of peace, with a truck, in the pacific states. By the end of the month
(11-08-2017, 11:32 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: According to some, there is just nothing that can be done about this.

And those people, including POTUS, are wrong. The fact is plenty can be done about it, otherwise we wouldn't be the only WEIRD nation with a problem like this. We just need to put in the effort to figure out what works here. But that involves actually governing, so that would be too difficult for some people, because it would involved doing their jobs. And I know you know this, but I'm a bit rowdy this morning.
(11-08-2017, 11:43 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: And how do you propose that this thread is disrespectful to victims of the shooting?

First you need tell me how my thread was disrespectful to the victims.
Better yet ask Benton.

Its pretty sad when threads can now be deleted over a moderators feelings or how he thinks he can perceive the intent of the poster.
Please add that to the COC.
(11-08-2017, 11:54 AM)Vlad Wrote: First you need tell me how my thread was disrespectful to the victims.
Better yet ask Benton.

Its pretty sad when threads can now be deleted over a moderators feelings or how he thinks he can perceive the intent of the poster.
Please add that to the COC.
That is between you and another mod. I suggest you PM him with your questions. They might be misconstrued as a post in a thread.
(11-08-2017, 11:10 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Didn't you try to take advantage of this same shooting by posting a fake news story about the shooter being an antifa member two days ago?

Someone, please delete this thread.  Vlad needs his safe space.

I'll be nice and just say perhaps the thread wasn't up long enough for you to read it completely.
I clearly stated that it was uncertain if the killer was an Antifa member.

I had linked him to atheists, which was clearly evident by his Facebook page.

My oh my how cute of you to spin it around saying I need the safe space, when the deletion of that thread was meant to create a safe space for you.
(11-08-2017, 12:13 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: That is between you and another mod. I suggest you PM him with your questions. They might be misconstrued as a post in a thread.

Nah. It is what it is.

His comment to me after he deleted it a second time has gone unread.

I would be compelled to reply and he certainly wouldn't like what I would of had to say...just ignore and move on vs. being suspended or banned.
(11-08-2017, 12:13 PM)Vlad Wrote: I'll be nice and just say perhaps the thread wasn't up long enough for you to read it completely.
I clearly stated that it was uncertain if the killer was an Antifa member.

I had linked him to atheists, which was clearly evident by his Facebook page.

My oh my how cute of you to spin it around saying I need the safe space, when the deletion of that thread was meant to create a safe space for you.

Look bud, I'm not the one in here crying that things are disrespectful and need to be deleted. Those are your words. The difference between us in this situation is that I don't think I've ever complained to the authorities here that something was too much to handle. So, if they are attempting to create a safe space, I guess I appreciate it, but I'm not sure that I really need it.  Their efforts would probably be more effective elsewhere.

As for your thread, I didn't read past the first post.  I read your accusations, then left the board to try to verify the accuracy of what you said.  When I realized that it was regurgitated fake news, I came back to make fun of you for it and the thread was gone.  I assumed you realized the error of posting the false information and deleted the thread in shame.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
And for those hijacking the term "snowflake"... be freaking original.

"Snowflake" is a term specifically designated to those LITERALLY crying and melting over an election of a president.
What a pathetic, unprecedented display that was. There's no one crying over here.

"Safe space" clearly invented by you in academia....invented by you, for you.

[Image: CRYING-COVER-696x362.jpg]

(11-08-2017, 01:17 PM)Vlad Wrote: And for those hijacking the term "snowflake"... be freaking original.

"Snowflake" is a term specifically designated to those LITERALLY crying and melting over an election of a president.
What a pathetic, unprecedented display that was. There's no one crying over here.

Aww, changing definitions to try to avoid being called out for the same shit your side has been calling out others for. Moving the goalposts, much?
(11-08-2017, 12:52 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Look bud, I'm not the one in here crying that things are disrespectful and need to be deleted.

So that absolves you from spreading misinformation about what I said in my thread....bud?

You want to go with "me crying" when my only intent was to expose bias and inequity, go right ahead.
Frankly I don't give a damn, I just consider the source.

The rest of your post?  I sure someone read it.
We all know the left wants to ban guns, just say it.

But where's the outrage for the pain, suffering and deaths caused by alcohol every year which is much more than what guns cause?

Seriously, more death is cause by alcohol every year than guns and gun violence and those deaths are because someone drinks too much, it doesn't count the drunk driving deaths or the deaths of those who are beaten to death by a drunk who's pissed off that they are a loser. What about the damaged lives of children who have to endure drunk parents who beat or rape their children? 

At least a gun has a purpose, alcohol has no purpose whatsoever...none.

I understand, mass shootings are terrible and they will continue to happen as long as we ignore the problem which is mental health. But if you are going to condemn one, condemn all things that cause pain, suffering and death.
(11-08-2017, 01:17 PM)Vlad Wrote: And for those hijacking the term "snowflake"... be freaking original.

Hold up brother...are you claiming there are no over-the-top reactions or meltdowns among non-liberals? Nervous
(11-08-2017, 01:33 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: At least a gun has a purpose, alcohol has no purpose whatsoever...none.

You've clearly never had to turn a 5 into a certifiable 10 real quick at the end of the night.

Or in the morning Ninja
(11-08-2017, 01:33 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: We all know the left wants to ban guns, just say it.

But where's the outrage for the pain, suffering and deaths caused by alcohol every year which is much more than what guns cause?

Seriously, more death is cause by alcohol every year than guns and gun violence and those deaths are because someone drinks too much, it doesn't count the drunk driving deaths or the deaths of those who are beaten to death by a drunk who's pissed off that they are a loser. What about the damaged lives of children who have to endure drunk parents who beat or rape their children? 

I understand, mass shootings are terrible and they will continue to happen as long as we ignore the problem which is mental health. But if you are going to condemn one, condemn all things that cause pain, suffering and death.

But guns serve only one purpose...to kill. That's what they are designed to do.

Alcohol isn't designed to kill no more than a car is.

I hate when the good folks on the right use the "why don't we ban cars"  equivalency.
(11-08-2017, 01:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hold up brother...are you claiming there are no over-the-top reactions or meltdowns among non-liberals?  Nervous

I do feel like Alex Jones predates any modern snowflake liberal.
(11-08-2017, 01:33 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: We all know the left wants to ban guns, just say it.

Both the left and right have become utterly useless when it comes to addressing real problems and looking for real solutions. I'm so sick of the political games that do nothing to help the 'American people' that each side claims they are looking out for...and the current administration sure as hell isn't making things any better.