Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counting prisoners in the census
In Hamilton County Ohio we have the Hamilton County Jail and the prison in this area is in Lebonon Ohio.

I think it's that way for most of the state prison systems but I'm not sure.

EDIT: I just looked up Rikers Island and they classify it as a jail, not a prison but the info comes from Wikipedia so take it for what it's worth.
(02-19-2018, 07:45 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: In Hamilton County Ohio we have the Hamilton County Jail and the prison in this area is in Lebonon Ohio.

I think it's that way for most of the state prison systems but I'm not sure.

EDIT: I just looked up Rikers Island and they classify it as a jail, not a prison but the info comes from Wikipedia so take it for what it's worth

There’s also Warren right next to Lebanon.

Rikers is a jail.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Did you xpost this to neutralpolitics?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-19-2018, 06:33 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Great points Leonard.  Hadnt thought about it in this context.

Do you think there would be any distinction along these lines when its a federal vs state penitentiary?  Only I can think of along these lines would be greater FBI involvement in search teams...  

Yeah, that's pretty much all I could really think about off the top of my head, too. It'd still be their roads/power/water/hospitals/firefighters/police/etc. I think that list holds pretty strong be it federal or state.

Plus there's the simple fact that then having to find out every single prisoner's normal residence for every state/federal prison and distributing them back out for population-counts seems way too unnessicary. I think we can just consider it a perk for the local areas for having to support the services and infrastructure of so many non-taxpaying dependents.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(02-19-2018, 10:02 PM)treee Wrote: Did you xpost this to neutralpolitics?

I posted it there, first, then copied it over here. Was curious what the difference in discussion would look like. My own little experiment. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR