Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of predictions from Sports Illustrated.
Don't know the specific writers but saw both of these in a recent issue

Bengals trade McCarron to San Diego on draft day.

Bengals select Memphis QB Riley Ferguson in the 4th round.
Reply/Quote
Interesting.

How did Ferguson do at Memphis compared to the QB the Broncos drafted?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting, but these are the same guys that wrote that fluff piece on Piano Man right before he single handedly tanked two consecutive seasons.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 05:50 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Interesting.

How did Ferguson do at Memphis compared to the QB the Broncos drafted?

Only played two seasons.  He broke Lynch's TD record with 32.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 09:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: Interesting, but these are the same guys that wrote that fluff piece on Piano Man right before he single handedly tanked two consecutive seasons.

Here is the thing, as much as people here hate Alexander he is respected around the league. The game today may have passed him by but again many players and coaches respect him. I know a former NFL lineman who never played here who mentioned while I was ragging on Alexander a couple years back that he is one of the most respected offensive line coaches in the league (this was before the whole Ogbuehi thing).
Reply/Quote
If they do trade McCarron, I win the bet with Adam Shein because you know they won't likely do it for less than a 2nd rounder, and that would be a nice additional pick.

I can't see them going after Ferguson and furthermore, I can't see him being around in the middle of the fourth round. He is a "system QB", scouts will claim, but has a live arm and a quick release. He will likely throw at the combine and move up in draft boards. The recent success of the likes of Wentz and Watson combined with a lot of teams that need QBs mean the QBs will be flying off the board.

For the Bengals, that is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 10:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: Here is the thing, as much as people here hate Alexander he is respected around the league. The game today may have passed him by but again many players and coaches respect him. I know a former NFL lineman who never played here who mentioned while I was ragging on Alexander a couple years back that he is one of the most respected offensive line coaches in the league (this was before the whole Ogbuehi thing).

For all the grief I gave him....at one time, he was a good coach, and had innovative ideas.  The problem is, imo, he let the game pass him by as he became stuck in his ways and became a detriment here.  To me, the problem really came to a head with the Bodine situation.  Our run game has been stagnant for the better part of a decade, and we find out he was the run game coordinator.  The Ogbuehi mess was just adding insult to injury.  Maybe a reboot in Dallas will open his eyes and do him some good.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 10:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: Here is the thing, as much as people here hate Alexander he is respected around the league. The game today may have passed him by but again many players and coaches respect him. I know a former NFL lineman who never played here who mentioned while I was ragging on Alexander a couple years back that he is one of the most respected offensive line coaches in the league (this was before the whole Ogbuehi thing).

I don't think you undrestand how Wyche thinks.  Every thread, no matter what the subject, is about nothing but Paul Alexander.  And it absolutely kills him for anyone to ever say anything positive about Alexander.

For example, Wyche has not clue if the same author who wrote the PA story had anything to do with these predictions, but the fact that ANYONE fro sports Illustrated EVER said anything positive about Alexander means that NOTHING ever written in the magazine by anyone is ever credible again.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you undrestand how Wyche thinks.  Every thread, no matter what the subject, is about nothing but Paul Alexander.  And it absolutely kills him for anyone to ever say anything positive about Alexander.

For example, Wyche has not clue if the same author who wrote the PA story had anything to do with these predictions, but the fact that ANYONE fro sports Illustrated EVER said anything positive about Alexander means that NOTHING ever written in the magazine by anyone is ever credible again.

You dabble in psychology too these days? Tongue

Reply/Quote
You mean we suddenly have a shortage of arm chair shrinks around here? That's shocking..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
do we get phil rivers in trade for macaroni?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Isn't today the day we find out if AJM is restricted or unrestricted FA ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hope we can trade AJM and get something before he leaves us holding the bag.

But not sure there will even be a big market for him even if unrestricted per lots of QB's out there this year in draft and FA.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 02:20 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Isn't today the day we find out if AJM is restricted or unrestricted FA ?

Thursday.

Reply/Quote
Do not know why I was thinking it was the 15th today.

Guess am ready for this week to be over with already.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Of course that is always, working for the weekend.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 03:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Do not know why I was thinking it was the 15th today.

(02-13-2018, 03:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Of course that is always, working for the weekend.

Smirk You too, eh?

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know the specific writers but saw both of these in a recent issue

Bengals trade McCarron to San Diego on draft day.

Bengals select Memphis QB Riley Ferguson in the 4th round.

What would we get in that trade? Doubt much, a 5th rounder?

I like Ferguson, doubt he lasts to the 4th round.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 03:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Do not know why I was thinking it was the 15th today.

So you are not married and don't have a girlfriend?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 10:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: Here is the thing, as much as people here hate Alexander he is respected around the league. 

Marvin is highly respected around the league as well. So is Mike Brown. Sounds like "around the league" don't know shit about much of anything. 

Reply/Quote