Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courageous Jack Del Rio changes culture in Oakland
This is a title you will never hear about a Marvin Lewis Team. Pretty good read. Feel free to come up with more titles you will never see about a Marvin Lewis team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000718675/article/courageous-jack-del-rio-changes-culture-in-oakland
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This is a title you will never hear about a Marvin Lewis Team. Pretty good read. Feel free to come up with more titles you will never see about a Marvin Lewis team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000718675/article/courageous-jack-del-rio-changes-culture-in-oakland

Well, this should be fun. How about:

Marvin Lewis coaches Bengals to playoff victory
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis livid after loss, says Oline players/coach changes will be made before next game.
Reply/Quote
Marvin brought a team that had 13 losing straight seasons before he arrived to a respectable franchise who has made the playoffs 6 out of the last seven seasons and 5 straight. Yeah but he didn't change the culture.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:30 AM)J24 Wrote: Marvin brought a team that had 13 losing straight seasons before he arrived to a respectable franchise who has made the playoffs 6 out of the last seven seasons and 5 straight.  Yeah but he didn't change the culture.

Good God, not this again
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:32 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Good God, not this again

Good god what? I get wanting to get rid of him I do and part of me thinks it time. However I don't get the hate for the guy. Hes brought a franchise from the dumpster and brought it back to life but yet everyone acts like the guy is complete failure and the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:39 AM)J24 Wrote: Good god what? I get wanting to get rid of him I do and part of me thinks it time. However I don't get the hate for the guy. Hes brought a franchise from the dumpster and brought it back to life but yet everyone acts like the guy is complete failure and the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise.

I understand, and I don't hate the guy or think he's the worst thing to happen to the Bengals.  I thought this was going to go down the road of the old: "Well he's better than Shula, Coslet and LaBaeu so he's great, I mean we could do so much worse blah blah blah..."

Marvin's piss poor coaching is just a sore spot for me I guess and causes me to fly off the handle at innocent bystanders.  
Thanks Marv.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:39 AM)J24 Wrote: Good god what? I get wanting to get rid of him I do and part of me thinks it time. However I don't get the hate for the guy. Hes brought a franchise from the dumpster and brought it back to life but yet everyone acts like the guy is complete failure and the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise.

No your right, my bad. I should have emphasized the COURAGEOUS part thats what I wanted to stress. Marvin has taken this team to another level but myself and others think he has done all he can. I just wish he would show more fire, be more demanding, more something. When we punted on the 4th and half a yard down by 21 that pretty much sums Marvin up.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:30 AM)J24 Wrote: Marvin brought a team that had 13 losing straight seasons before he arrived to a respectable franchise who has made the playoffs 6 out of the last seven seasons and 5 straight.  Yeah but he didn't change the culture.

With that said, are we really respectable? 
Reply/Quote
Delrio was rode out on a rail in Jacksonville. He coaches a big market team now. He figured it out - the NFL is rigged for big market teams. I think the current players on the Bengals figured it out after the zebras took a couple of games from them and now their heart isn't in it anymore. That's just the way it is - some things will never change - Hornsby
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Marvin Lewis was the best thing to happen to the Bengals in over a decade of frustration when he took over in 2003.  He has a lifetime winning record along with only Bill Johnson and Forrest Gregg; not even Paul Brown or Sam Wyche can say that!  

To borrow a well known historical reference, Marvin is like Moses who led his people from bondage to freedom -- but not into the promised land.  It took Joshua to get them there.  We need to find our Joshua -- but we'll never forget Marvin for getting the Bengals where they needed to be in the first place.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote