Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court says Illegal immigrant felon can't be deported
http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/09/06/court-transgender-illegal-immigrant-felon-cant-be-deported

Because he is a transsexual.

So no deportation if dude looks like a lady I guess .
I like that the article has someone saying it has no basis in immigration law, except it does. Asylum seeking is a thing, and there are many places where members of the trans community are tortured
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-21-2015, 08:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I like that the article has someone saying it has no basis in immigration law, except it does. Asylum seeking is a thing, and there are many places where members of the trans community are tortured

Lol come on man.

Must you always make an excuse for these guys lol.

Felon, illegal immigrant, take your rear end home.

We don't want felons. Whether they think they are women or men.
(09-21-2015, 10:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol come on man.

Must you always make an excuse for these guys lol.

Felon, illegal immigrant, take your rear end home.

We don't want felons. Whether they think they are women or men.

I am just pointing out that there is such a thing as asylum for this. Whether this person qualifies because of the criminal history, no idea. But it is not inconsistent with the law for it to be considered.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-21-2015, 10:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am just pointing out that there is such a thing as asylum for this. Whether this person qualifies because of the criminal history, no idea. But it is not inconsistent  with the law for it to be considered.

And that's OK just as long as the asylum is in Mexico.
By the letter of the law this person has the right to apply for asylum. She is a member of a social group that is being tortured.

The question is should we grant this privilege to someone who has repeatedly broken our laws and injured U.S. citizens.
(09-21-2015, 10:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am just pointing out that there is such a thing as asylum for this. Whether this person qualifies because of the criminal history, no idea. But it is not inconsistent  with the law for it to be considered.

I kid you not, a classmate of mine at BU was able to get asylum in the USA for herself and her two children because the children had severe peanut allergies, and she (or her lawyer I imagine) was able to argue that her children would suffer in their country of birth. I was amazed. 
(09-22-2015, 12:18 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I kid you not, a classmate of mine at BU was able to get asylum in the USA for herself and her two children because the children had severe peanut allergies, and she (or her lawyer I imagine) was able to argue that her children would suffer in their country of birth. I was amazed. 

Ridiculous.
What an absolute joke. And an absolute waste of money.

Quote:"The Obama administration is very friendly to individuals who are transgendered who are illegal immigrants," FItton said. "They provide them taxpayer-funded hormone treatments [and] special accommodations."

If we aren't giving asylum to coptics from egypt or syria that are fleeing ISIS then why are we giving it to these dudes.    At least the coptics are fleeing real danger.
(09-21-2015, 11:29 PM)KingPoster Wrote: By the letter of the law this person has the right to apply for asylum. She is a member of a social group that is being tortured.

The question is should we grant this privilege to someone who has repeatedly broken our laws and injured U.S. citizens.

No...Anyone seeking Asylum in the US after having committed a felony in our country should be denied.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-22-2015, 09:57 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: No...Anyone seeking Asylum in the US after having committed a felony in our country should be denied.

Exactly.