Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins to start Week #1 for Redskins
I think it should be the whole season.
Reply/Quote
The story around here is that it's unofficial but the RGIII era is officially over. Once they can unload him, he is done with the organization.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 04:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The story around here is that it's unofficial but the RGIII era is officially over. Once they can unload him, he is done with the organization.

Can't imagine anyone trading for him, which leaves releasing a guy they paid a king's ransom to get. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:42 AM)McC Wrote: Can't imagine anyone trading for him, which leaves releasing a guy they paid a king's ransom to get. 

Redskins organization has a history of making stupid decisions and the move to get RG3 will rank among the worst in NFL history. It was a poorly conceived move that was a way to get a smart black QB for what has historically been a majority black city in DC. The time I spent in DC was around the time he was drafted and that was the general consensus on why they wanted him specifically so badly. And its also why he was anointed immediately.

No one could have foreseen the locker room issues or the media issues but they expected a franchise figure and instead got a college kid who never had to run a NFL style offense before. He was worshiped before and especially after his first season by people who couldn't see how limited his playbook was. Because of that he never progressed or learned to take criticism.

The league's not done with him if he's not ready to quit but the question is can he handle the ego blow and actually develop as a QB? If not he'll be the same poison to his next team that he was to the skins.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:42 AM)McC Wrote: Can't imagine anyone trading for him, which leaves releasing a guy they paid a king's ransom to get. 

Really?   I bet the Browns are chomping at the bit.  You know they are.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My coworker who is a Skins fan had this perspective: "Is Cousins good? No, but he can be coached into being a real quarterback. RGIII was never going to be a feasible NFL quarterback. He doesn't play the position correctly. That and they are willing to find a replacement for Cousins after one bad season where they didn't do that with RGIII".

He was saying how the o line hates RGIII because he doesn't play in the pocket they create, he runs back 20 yards and scrambles around, which makes their job even more difficult because he isn't doing what the play was designed to do or be where he is suppose to be.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Redskins were a bad team before RG3 arrived, they were a bad team during RG3's historic rookie season, and they will be a bad team after RG3 is traded or released. I like Cousins and he's probably the better option at this point, but RG3 can still be a good qb in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 09:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My coworker who is a Skins fan had this perspective: "Is Cousins good? No, but he can be coached into being a real quarterback. RGIII was never going to be a feasible NFL quarterback. He doesn't play the position correctly. That and they are willing to find a replacement for Cousins after one bad season where they didn't do that with RGIII".

He was saying how the o line hates RGIII because he doesn't play in the pocket they create, he runs back 20 yards and scrambles around, which makes their job even more difficult because he isn't doing what the play was designed to do or be where he is suppose to be.

Dude I watched RG3 every Sunday with some friends when I lived in DC, your statement is right on the money. He's an awful QB who makes more dumb decisions than any starter I've ever watched in the NFL (lots of QBs make bad plays but he constantly made dumb decisions). And to top it all off he has an attitude problem to boot. I was arguing with friends for Cousins to start 3 years ago but so many blind Skins fans just knew he was going to be the franchise despite the limited playbook they used with him. He never progressed or learned to play the position like a pro forcing the skins to use a "day one" offense. He's a horrible bust for the redskins and even his biggest fans see that now. 
Reply/Quote