Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cover Your Damn Mouth ZT!!
With rotten ass cheaters like Belichick and Tomlin hanging around... Standing on the sideline calling plays for the world to see is just asking for our play calls to be stolen and every defense in the league to know what we are doing. Pretty obvious he wasn't accustomed to covering his mouth while calling plays on the sideline. Hopefully he was aware of this mistake.!!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 02:38 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: With rotten ass cheaters like Belichick and Tomlin hanging around... Standing on the sideline calling plays for the world to see is just asking for our play calls to be stolen and every defense in the league to know what we are doing. Pretty obvious he wasn't accustomed to covering his mouth while calling plays on the sideline. Hopefully he was aware of this mistake.!!

The actual verbiage itself is not secret which is why coaches let NFL films mic them up during games. Someone would have to be standing next to the opposing coach who has the line to the defensive headset and wait until the offensive play call goes in then decode what it meant, pick a counter play, and then relay in the defensive play call. The issue with that is the defensive headset goes out at the same time as the offensive headset so doing such a thing is pretty much impossible given the time constraints. 

This is more classic paranoid football coach behavior then anything really benefiting them. I've also seen some coaches say they do it to make the audio quality better for the guy wearing the headset not so much for disguising their mouths. Having a backstop on the other side of the mic limits the background noise. 
Reply/Quote
Oh hell, I thought he was walking around sneezing on people.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm Sure on certain plays situations Zac has full autonomy. Reading interview on Bengals.com most of the time he's giving Andy 3 plays to choose from and letting Andy deciding which one to run. So even if someone could they only have a 33 percent chance to get it right
Reply/Quote
For all we know he was commenting on some womans ass in the stands to which the opposition stops, stares and makes a counter look at a different ass.. Game over.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 02:38 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: With rotten ass cheaters like Belichick and Tomlin hanging around... Standing on the sideline calling plays for the world to see is just asking for our play calls to be stolen and every defense in the league to know what we are doing. Pretty obvious he wasn't accustomed to covering his mouth while calling plays on the sideline. Hopefully he was aware of this mistake.!!

Considering how much $$$$$ the patriots have made from winning super bowls, gambling and merchandising. You know some teams ARE doing all they can to win, including cheating or "unintended" gain advantages. It is no coincidence that many coaches now cover their mouths. The Bengals are so old school, that they've yet to catch up with the times. Heck I would just make Motorola or whoever is the current headphone sponsor to made mouth shields by the mic to cover their mouths automatically.   :andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 10:57 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Considering how much $$$$$ the patriots have made from winning super bowls, gambling and merchandising. You know some teams ARE doing all they can to win, including cheating or "unintended" gain advantages. It is no coincidence that many coaches now cover their mouths. The Bengals are so old school, that they've yet to catch up with the times. Heck I would just make Motorola or whoever is the current headphone sponsor to made mouth shields by the mic to cover their mouths automatically.   :andy:

I seriously doubt Taylor is “old school” in any way.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 08:42 AM)McC Wrote: Oh hell, I thought he was walking around sneezing on people.

lol not what I was expecting either....   like was he talking with his mouth full or something lol?

I doubt anyone is trying to lip read the head coach of the team 30th on the power rankings.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 08:42 AM)McC Wrote: Oh hell, I thought he was walking around sneezing on people.

Yeah, I assumed he sneezed all over the place and/or was coughing all over the mic in a press conference or something. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 12:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol not what I was expecting either....   like was he talking with his mouth full or something lol?

I doubt anyone is trying to lip read the head coach of the team 30th on the power rankings.

Hey now..... we've climbed to 24th in the power rankings....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 12:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hey now..... we've climbed to 24th in the power rankings....

damn I guess bilicheck got his spy planes circling the stadium on sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 08:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: The actual verbiage itself is not secret which is why coaches let NFL films mic them up during games. Someone would have to be standing next to the opposing coach who has the line to the defensive headset and wait until the offensive play call goes in then decode what it meant, pick a counter play, and then relay in the defensive play call. The issue with that is the defensive headset goes out at the same time as the offensive headset so doing such a thing is pretty much impossible given the time constraints. 

This is more classic paranoid football coach behavior then anything really benefiting them. I've also seen some coaches say they do it to make the audio quality better for the guy wearing the headset not so much for disguising their mouths. Having a backstop on the other side of the mic limits the background noise. 

This is what I thought. Pretty much impossible to tell what the play is in time.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 09:13 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm Sure on certain plays situations  Zac has full autonomy.  Reading interview on Bengals.com most of the time he's giving Andy 3 plays to choose from and letting Andy deciding which one to run. So even if someone could they only have a 33 percent chance to get it right

Maybe they need to cut that down to 2. Seemed like they had the same issues as Marvin's teams with getting the play called in on time. Wasted several timeouts early and got a delay of game as well. Giving him 2 plays actually let's Andy call one of 4. Either of the plays as called or flip each play depending on coverage and alignment. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 01:58 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Maybe they need to cut that down to 2. Seemed like they had the same issues as Marvin's teams with getting the play called in on time. Wasted several timeouts early and got a delay of game as well. Giving him 2 plays actually let's Andy call one of 4. Either of the plays as called or flip each play depending on coverage and alignment. 

we only had that 1 delay of game penalty (wished we would have used a timeout their)few were a few right at 1 loudest stadium in NFL.  I think they did good
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 02:11 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we only had that 1 delay of game penalty (wished we would have used a timeout their)few were a few right at 1 loudest stadium in NFL.  I think they did good

Discipline is huge. This team is definitely better discipline. I bet they even say good morning and good bye at the end of the day, everyday.  Happy
Reply/Quote
Is he calling the plays?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 08:57 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Is he calling the plays?
Yes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He did a lot of spitting, too. I wonder if that is how he signals out his plays - spit behind the line of scrimmage is run play, spit past the line of scrimmage is pass play?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 12:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hey now..... we've climbed to 24th in the power rankings....

I bet we'll be ranked higher than Family Dollar toilet paper embossing pattern rankings after this week.. Shocked Heck..maybe even Dollar General!  Definitely better than Dollar Tree! That Kroger brand Soft and Strong stuff though..a steep steep hill to climb..but we'll know we've made it once we conquer Kroger brand..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote