Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
(05-15-2021, 11:55 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: From the WTF! Files, I had to take a Covid test Thursday as a pre-screen for a medical procedure I was supposed to have this coming Wednesday.  At work yesterday I saw the emailed results.  Despite being a fully vaccinated Covid survivor, I tested positive.  As my infection was more than 3 months ago, there is zero CDC guidance on what I have to do.  I immediately left the building for the safety of others, then started calling my care providers.  The best I could get was from the surgeon himself who stated that his medical opinion is this is continued remnant shedding from my infection 6 months ago, and am not infectious or infected; but the procedure will have to be postponed 4 weeks due to anesthesiologist's policy.  He then left for the day.  HR wants something in writing in order for me to come back to work, and I can't reach him again until Monday.  I was able to reach my Primary Care, and they say I have to quarantine for 2 weeks again!  I got fed up with the inability to reach the surgeon's office in the afternoon, so I went somewhere locally for another test.  Rapid is negative, but they want me to isolate until the PCR results are back.  QUITE FRUSTRATING AT THIS POINT!

PCR results came back negative.  So just like that I can go back to work, but all of my medical appointments of the next two weeks that I have been waiting for are now pushed back because of it.  Not just for me, but my better half as well.  She has physical therapy sessions that are cancelled and she is not allowed back for two weeks because the honest answer to the entry question of "Have you been in contact with someone who produced a positive Covid-19 test in the last 14 days?" is YES.  She is going to to have to call tomorrow and see if they will restore her appointments because it was a false positive, but chances are they will say no out of abundance of caution.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
FYI

The Pfizer vaccine is 95% effective (or 5% ineffective). The Moderna vaccine is 94% effective.  The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is 66% effective.  Your chance of still getting Covid despite getting vaccinated is greatest with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Due to post marketing surveillance for safety purposes, the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was temporarily halted due to blood clots.  Six people developed a rare blood clot out of almost 7 million doses given to patients.  All six were women.  One of the six died.  The FDA and CDC didn't determine the vaccine caused the clots, but decided to attach a warning to inform people before receiving the vaccine.  By comparison 1 woman out of 1,000 will develop a blood clot from taking oral birth control pills compared 6 women out of almost 7 million doses of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine which may not even be related to the vaccine.  Most people consider taking birth control pills both safe and effective and the benefits out weigh the risks.

Also because of post marketing safety surveillance, approximately 100 case of Guillain-Barre have been reported out of 12.8 million doses of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine that again may or may not be related to the vaccine. I personally haven't checked, but I bet if you read the package insert of every vaccine Guillain-Barre is probably listed as a potential adverse reaction.  I've personally have only known one patient to develop this after receiving multiple vaccinations to deploy overseas as a civilian contractor for the military. Again, they have decided to include a safety warning about Guillain-Barre for patients considering the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

There have been less than 6,000 deaths reported in patients after receiving the vaccine out of over 161 million doses given to patients. It is yet to be determined how many of those deaths can be directly linked to the vaccine or were due to another cause.  (For example, if someone got the vaccine then had a heart attack at home 5 days later that is probably not due to the vaccine.)

There have also been less than 6,000 deaths in fully vaccinated people out of the 303,000 Covid deaths since the vaccine rollout.

So on one hand you have maybe 12,000 deaths due to Covid in the fully vaccinated or due to the vaccine itself out of 161,000,000 doses versus > 600,000 Covid deaths out of 34,000,000 reported cases of Covid.

Again, maybe 12K deaths out of 161M vs 600K deaths out of 34M.

There's the info. You can do your own risk benefit analysis on what you think is safe and effective.
Reply/Quote
After a long consultation with my doctor I’ve decided not to take the COVID vaccine. I have nothing against the vaccine nor those who choose to take it but for me it’s going to be a hard pass. I have several reasons.

1. I had COVID in March 2021 and I received an infusion of antibodies as part of my treatment. A recent blood test proves I have active antibodies remaining in my system.

2. There is an increased incidence of post-vaccine complications for those who take the vaccine after having COVID.

3. A normal flu shot or mist shuts my lungs down. I have no idea how my weird physiology would react to the COVID vaccine.

4. I’ve had heart valve repair and heart valve replacement surgery. Those receiving the vaccine after heart surgery show increased incidence of complications.
Reply/Quote
Covid 19 vaccine info

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html
Reply/Quote
My fatigue returned after the first shot, and I am still not 100%.

I also have shortness of breath, and an incidence of chest pain after swimming last week. These may not have been caused by the vaccine, nonetheless I am getting a full workup with a cardiologist before I resume regular cardio exercise.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 03:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 4.  I’ve had heart valve repair and heart valve replacement surgery.  Those receiving the vaccine after heart surgery show increased incidence of complications.

Rules me out. Good info FIK.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 05:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Rules me out. Good info FIK.

You might want to look into that a bit more instead of taking the word of someone on this message board.  Not to devalue what they are doing given their own experience but this is a football message board after all.   Talk to a doctor instead for personalized recommendations.  Just my 2 cents and certainly don't take my word for anything meaningful either.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 03:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: After a long consultation with my doctor I’ve decided not to take the COVID vaccine.  I have nothing against the vaccine nor those who choose to take it but for me it’s going to be a hard pass.  I have several reasons.

1. I had COVID in March 2021 and I received an infusion of antibodies as part of my treatment.  A recent blood test proves I have active antibodies remaining in my system.

2.  There is an increased incidence of post-vaccine complications for those who take the vaccine after having COVID.

3.  A normal flu shot or mist shuts my lungs down.  I have no idea how my weird physiology would react to the COVID vaccine.

4.  I’ve had heart valve repair and heart valve replacement surgery.  Those receiving the vaccine after heart surgery show increased incidence of complications.

I have no issue with ppl like you who consult their physician and come to a joint conclusion about vaccination based upon sound medical advice and extenuating reasons why they should not. Its the "nobody can tell me what to do" and "my body, my choice....screw the rest of humanity" crowd that need to be taken out back and given a pillow party.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 07:36 PM)Beaker Wrote: I have no issue with ppl like you who consult their physician and come to a joint conclusion about vaccination based upon sound medical advice and extenuating reasons why they should not. Its the "nobody can tell me what to do" and "my body, my choice....screw the rest of humanity" crowd that need to be taken out back and given a pillow party.

[Image: pillow-fight.gif?resize=696%2C314&ssl=1]
Reply/Quote
I just read that the FDA has now given the Pfizer vaccine full approval for people age 16 and older. That's good news. It means it has moved out of emergency use status to fully approved like other medications and vaccinations.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
For your reading enjoyment regarding the latest fad . . .

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-apha-ashp-statement-ending-use-ivermectin-treat-covid-19

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD015017.pub2/full

https://www.statnews.com/2021/08/25/ivermectin-for-covid-19-abundance-of-hype-dearth-of-evidence/
Reply/Quote
Georgia’s Covid report for 2021 broken down by vaccination status

https://dph.georgia.gov/document/document/covid-19-among-fully-vaccinated-people-graphic/download
Reply/Quote
If you are interested in treatment options click the summary table for treatment options from the Infectious Disease Society of America.

https://www.idsociety.org/practice-guideline/covid-19-guideline-treatment-and-management/
Reply/Quote
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote