Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
(03-23-2020, 10:16 PM)Benton Wrote: And we've got .... 35,000.

In my entire county.

Hilarious

I'm ok with not getting tested. End of the day, I've got something and im taking precautions so others don't get it, same as I would if I had the flu or any other contagious illness.

I'm a little bugged my wife can't get tested though. She's a nurse. They're giving her grief about not going to work but at the same time telling her not to come to work if she has symptoms.

That sucks. This is a healthcare workers super bowl. You know she wants to be in the game, but sidelined with an illness.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 09:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Because alcohol sanitizes the body...

... and the soul!

Sounds legit.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 10:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That sucks. This is a healthcare workers super bowl. You know she wants to be in the game, but sidelined with an illness.

So far the worst part was when my daughter ran out of deodorant so she found some of her brothers axe body spray. I had to leave the house the coughing fits were so bad. I still can't go in that bathroom.

My lung capacity and oxygen levels are good, but there's some things that just make my chest explode. It's weird.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 08:29 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Also my suggestion, if you get a parcel delivery via USPS, UPS, FedEx or Amazon, give them a tip if you can.  The people out there making all those deliveries of things you ordered don't make very much.  So toss them a few bucks if you can.   :)

I'm going to flag that as bad advice. I have heard multiple times cash is a potential transfer vessel for this virus. 

We are supposed to be staying home to stop the spread. Someone going door to door touching money out of everybody's dirty ass quarantined home and then touching another piece of mail and bringing it over to their neighbor is a good way to keep spreading it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 12:52 AM)Benton Wrote: So far the worst part was when my daughter ran out of deodorant so she found some of her brothers axe body spray. I had to leave the house the coughing fits were so bad. I still can't go in that bathroom.

My lung capacity and oxygen levels are good, but there's some things that just make my chest explode. It's weird.

Maybe related, maybe not. I find that when the wife uses hairspray, it literally takes my breath away and makes me cough. It’s that way even when I’m not sick and have to give the bathroom several minutes to air out before I even get close to it. Not sure if it’s the aerosol or the crap in the air, but doesn’t happen with air freshener.  Hmm

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 09:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I don't know a 100%

I went to the clinic and by my symptoms it was believed that I had contracted the flu but was past the point of Tamiflu to help.

They told me to ride it out and take over the counter medicine to alleviate my condition.

As I worsened(trouble breathing, dramatic loss of appetite, other issues) I then again went to the same clinic and the doctor told me "at least you don't have pneumonia" and gave me other meds.

Two days later I said f it and went to a hospital to see a doctor because I could barely breathe.

About 2-5 minutes into my visit the doctor said that I have pneumonia.

Immediate treatments and complete change of meds and my issues were resolving.

So no. I don't know for sure.

That particular "minute clinic" felt off. Even on the initial visit.

The scary part is I'm not the only one I know that has questioned the same place.

I'm not going to condemn them all, but I will never go back to that one!

With that history it could have been both; a complication and a missed diagnosis. Did either do a chest xray?
Reply/Quote
I know a few dudes I work with dealt with odd non-flu respiratory illnesses in the last month. One got mildly ill for about 2 weeks with sore throat/cough. He got tested for the flu (negative) and continued to work. His elderly mother (78) was hospitalized not long after he got sick for breathing problems, so he probably gave her whatever he had. Both are okay now.

Another guy who's 25 years old and pretty vigorously healthy got sick as hell. He tested negative for the flu and had issues breathing for a solid week. He was afraid to lay down because he couldn't breathe when he did. He's also fine now. Similar issues spread through his work group in the following month.

Hard to say what was up without conclusive testing, but it's possible that this illness has been here longer than we realize.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 02:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'm going to flag that as bad advice. I have heard multiple times cash is a potential transfer vessel for this virus. 

We are supposed to be staying home to stop the spread. Someone going door to door touching money out of everybody's dirty ass quarantined home and then touching another piece of mail and bringing it over to their neighbor is a good way to keep spreading it. 

Yeah in retrospect, maybe not the best idea.  I was a little tipsy when I posted that.  I do wish there was a way to show some extra appreciation for all the delivery people though.

Anyway here is a little bit of humor for fans of Breaking Bad.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:58 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah in retrospect, maybe not the best idea.  I was a little tipsy when I posted that.  I do wish there was a way to show some extra appreciation for all the delivery people though.

Blame it on the couch medicine.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:58 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah in retrospect, maybe not the best idea.  I was a little tipsy when I posted that.  I do wish there was a way to show some extra appreciation for all the delivery people though.

They actually talked about his last night on the news. The delivery service would prefer not to come into contact with customers. Urged people to just let them set their packages down and let them move on.
Reply/Quote
I'm getting put off by these companies using this pandemic for ad purposes. You know the ones I am talking about. "We care about you and your loved ones, so come on down and we'll give you a free burger after you buy 2" .....
Reply/Quote
People still are not getting the social distancing thing where I live. I went to the local gas station yesterday to get gas for my lawnmower. There was a food truck in the parking lot. I get that, providing food when so many restaurants are closed. But there was a group of at least a dozen people hanging out in close proximity like it was a social event. Even though there are not many confirmed cases here I wish people would take it seriously.

I have enough to get by for at least 6 months so I'm done going out anymore aside from walking my dog and tending to my lawn. I'm not going to risk being around assholes that don't take this serious. I'm not at high risk if I catch it, but I don't want to put others at risk if I get it. That's how it has spread so fast. Many carriers never knew they had it.

This is very real and not something to take lightly. Stay safe and do your best to be well.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Didn’t know this thread was here. There was something going around like November/ December that sounds a lot like this. My sister had a cough for two weeks, and it was bad. I don’t see how it could be COVID, but what the heck was it? I had something similar a few years ago. It didn’t last two weeks, but I never coughed so violently in my life. I probably didn’t get more than two hours of sleep a night. It would just never relent. I can’t say I’m afraid of dying if I get it, but if it’s like that I never want to experience it again.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Also, how do you think they will determine how many people had it. I have to imagine a significant percent of people are doing as told and not seeking treatment unless warranted.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 11:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Also, how do you think they will determine how many people had it. I have to imagine a significant percent of people are doing as told and not seeking treatment unless warranted.

That will only get answered (and this will probably only subside) once an antibody test can be mass produced and distributed to just about anyone. They're saying 140k have tested positive. My money is on somewhere around 5 million people actually have/have had Covid-19. Few of which will ever get tested.

Lack of testing is my 2nd biggest concern behind the lack of medical equipment (and stupid people). Testing is part of what helped a country like South Korea handle this so well.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 12:51 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: That will only get answered (and this will probably only subside) once an antibody test can be mass produced and distributed to just about anyone. They're saying 140k have tested positive. My money is on somewhere around 5 million people actually have/have had Covid-19. Few of which will ever get tested.

Lack of testing is my 2nd biggest concern behind the lack of medical equipment (and stupid people). Testing is part of what helped a country like South Korea handle this so well.

You think they can get anywhere near the whole population to take an antibody test?  I wonder if they can do sample tests across the country somehow. I couldn't begin to imagine how you'd design that though.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 11:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Also, how do you think they will determine how many people had it. I have to imagine a significant percent of people are doing as told and not seeking treatment unless warranted.

That was a big question I had also. The other question I have, will the vaccine be handled like the Polio vaccination? We all had to have those before we started school back in the day. 
Lastnight, I thought to myself glad the weekend is over, but it hit me, what is a weekend anymore during this quarantine? I usually spend about 4-6 hrs everyday working around farm and the rest of the time reading or watching movies. I'm caught up on movies btw... Did get a call from my youngest step-son yesterday, made my day! Ain't gonna lie, I fought hard to keep my emotions in check, miss that boy something fierce!
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 01:09 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That was a big question I had also. The other question I have, will the vaccine be handled like the Polio vaccination? We all had to have those before we started school back in the day. 
Lastnight, I thought to myself glad the weekend is over, but it hit me, what is a weekend anymore during this quarantine? I usually spend about 4-6 hrs everyday working around farm and the rest of the time reading or watching movies. I'm caught up on movies btw... Did get a call from my youngest step-son yesterday, made my day! Ain't gonna lie, I fought hard to keep my emotions in check, miss that boy something fierce!

I've always wanted the feeling that a Sunday felt no different than any other day.  You know when you have a whole work week in front of you, and you start getting depressed Sunday.  This wouldn't be the same though, because now you're worrying about not working which is a much bigger concern than facing the work week ahead.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 01:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You think they can get anywhere near the whole population to take an antibody test?  I wonder if they can do sample tests across the country somehow.  I couldn't begin to imagine how you'd design that though.

I have absolutely no idea. Somebody a lot smarter than me is gonna have to figure that out LOL 

I think some sort of test would figure into people going back to work. If we open businesses back up without ample access to tests, this will take much longer to go away.
Reply/Quote
I only saw some of DeWines press conference, but now we are holding off the tidal wave waiting for more medical advancement? I thought this was designed to avoid a tidal wave. I keep hearing wait a week and you’ll see. I’m not seeing. This may just be me but something doesn’t seem right about this plan.

Reply/Quote