Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
Great news!

I heard from my family in Italy and they are COVID-19 free so far. They live in the south -- Reggio Basilicata and Sicily -- and most of the disease is rampant north of Rome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 10:38 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Great news!

I heard from my family in Italy and they are COVID-19 free so far.  They live in the south -- Reggio Basilicata and Sicily -- and most of the disease is rampant north of Rome.

Always wanted to go to Sicily.  Glad to hear they are OK.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 10:38 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Great news!

I heard from my family in Italy and they are COVID-19 free so far. They live in the south -- Reggio Basilicata and Sicily -- and most of the disease is rampant north of Rome.

How my family has kept safe, I have no clue, especially since the majority of them are in Milano.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 08:58 PM)samhain Wrote: I know a few dudes I work with dealt with odd non-flu respiratory illnesses in the last month.  One got mildly ill for about 2 weeks with sore throat/cough.  He got tested for the flu (negative) and continued to work.  His elderly mother (78) was hospitalized not long after he got sick for breathing problems, so he probably gave her whatever he had.  Both are okay now.  

Another guy who's 25 years old and pretty vigorously healthy got sick as hell.  He tested negative for the flu and had issues breathing for a solid week.  He was afraid to lay down because he couldn't breathe when he did.  He's also fine now.  Similar issues spread through his work group in the following month.  

Hard to say what was up without conclusive testing, but it's possible that this illness has been here longer than we realize.

I know 5 people who were sick as hell in Jan from bad respiratory colds. My sister and niece were down for 2 weeks. They tested negative for the flu. My girlfriend is a traveling nurse and she got sick as heck in Jan as well, while working in Utah, and it took her nearly two weeks to get over her cough. She suspects it was covid and this has been here as long as it has been in China. Considering there were people traveling from China to the states during the beginning of this it kind of makes sense that covid has been in the US for a few months now. Obviously now nation leaders around the world are pointing fingers at China for lying.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:40 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I know 5 people who were sick as hell in Jan from bad respiratory colds. My sister and niece were down for 2 weeks. They tested negative for the flu. My girlfriend is a traveling nurse and she got sick as heck in Jan as well, while working in Utah, and it took her nearly two weeks to get over her cough. She suspects it was covid and this has been here as long as it has been in China. Considering there were people traveling from China to the states during the beginning of this it kind of makes sense that covid has been in the US for a few months now. Obviously now nation leaders around the world are pointing fingers at China for lying.

My sister and co-worker both with something similar to this in November. I guess it could have been SARS.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 07:08 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Crematorium for infected people.

My father and his wife were both cremated and it's far less expensive than burials, coffins, etc. My mother's burial just about bankrupted my dad which is why he opted for cremation. ($930 with no services) Anyway, my first choice would be burial at sea through the Navy, but there's the question of transporting my remains to the naval yards in Philadelphia which ain't cheap so I'll probably go the same route as my dad. I don't care about services either. Our family plans to spread our own ashes on or near mom's grave site eventually..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm officially pissed at the virus. It made me go to Walmart to get hair clippers because I couldn't think of anywhere else to get them. Amazon was like two weeks because of shipping prioritizing or something. The employees at Walmart will rather loudly inform you that you are not, what they perceive to be, six feet behind the person walking in the store in front of you. BTW they were almost out of hair clippers. It looks like they had space for maybe 8 different kinds, and they were down to three of a single kind.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 01:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm officially pissed at the virus.  It made me go to Walmart to get hair clippers because I couldn't think of anywhere else to get them.  Amazon was like two weeks because of shipping prioritizing or something.  The employees at Walmart will rather loudly inform you that you are not, what they perceive to be, six feet behind the person walking in the store in front of you.  BTW they were almost out of hair clippers.  It looks like they had space for maybe 8 different kinds, and they were down to three of a single kind.

Walmart is slowly starting to catch up from the initial hoarding that took place. When I was in there 2 weeks ago, you couldn't find shit you wanted or needed. Twice now I've walked in and seen they had TP and bread which they didn't have before. Kroger however, can't seem to keep TP on the shelves. I've been there a few times to buy tequila and shelves were bare. Plenty of bread tho.  Dollar Store is also catching up on the TP and bread. But none of the above places mentioned have any hand sanitizer. That may take awhile.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 01:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Walmart is slowly starting to catch up from the initial hoarding that took place. When I was in there 2 weeks ago, you couldn't find shit you wanted or needed. Twice now I've walked in and seen they had TP and bread which they didn't have before. Kroger however, can't seem to keep TP on the shelves. I've been there a few times to buy tequila and shelves were bare. Plenty of bread tho.  Dollar Store is also catching up on the TP and bread. But none of the above places mentioned have any hand sanitizer. That may take awhile.

Or Lysol.  I gave my can to my neighbor who is very compromised, and couldn't find any at Kroger or Walmart.  I think a lot of people receive their checks at the beginning of the month so maybe they hit the stores hard the last couple of days.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 01:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm officially pissed at the virus. It made me go to Walmart to get hair clippers because I couldn't think of anywhere else to get them. Amazon was like two weeks because of shipping prioritizing or something. The employees at Walmart will rather loudly inform you that you are not, what they perceive to be, six feet behind the person walking in the store in front of you. BTW they were almost out of hair clippers. It looks like they had space for maybe 8 different kinds, and they were down to three of a single kind.

[Image: c06_campline_09_36801905-e1471444317664....150&crop=1]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 01:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: c06_campline_09_36801905-e1471444317664....150&crop=1]

$14 after tax, so that's a distinct possibility.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 01:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm officially pissed at the virus.  It made me go to Walmart to get hair clippers because I couldn't think of anywhere else to get them.  Amazon was like two weeks because of shipping prioritizing or something.  The employees at Walmart will rather loudly inform you that you are not, what they perceive to be, six feet behind the person walking in the store in front of you.  BTW they were almost out of hair clippers.  It looks like they had space for maybe 8 different kinds, and they were down to three of a single kind.

It's going to be different for me looking into the mirror soon. I will have the longest hair I've had since I was 18. I will either go with it or just go with a home done buzz cut. I know I am not coordinated to try my usual skin tight fade....
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 02:44 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It's going to be different for me looking into the mirror soon. I will have the longest hair I've had since I was 18. I will either go with it or just go with a home done buzz cut. I know I am not coordinated to try my usual skin tight fade....

No it's definitely one guard for the whole head.  I go with a #1.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 03:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No it's definitely one guard for the whole head.  I go with a #1.

Definitely not a joe dirt haircut private.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
My dad bought a Braun wireless trimmer I love.. I told him when he first bought it that when he kicked the bucket I was keeping it and now IT'S MINE! ALL MINE! Wireless with a charge base and can be used wet and dry.. Now my face looks like a 15 year old kid with just a few baby wiskers .. ok..I've always had a bit of a baby face.  Now it's a baby face with wrinkles..and all white wiskers.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Just a tiny bit of bleach in water will kill most viruses and bacteria. Just a quarter cup of bleach in a gallon of water goes a long way. There's nothing about brand names like Lysol , etc., that makes them superior to just plain bleach. 
By the way, don't drink bleach. Just because some complete morons are complete morons doesn't mean we all have to be complete morons.. but still, some morons will insist on remaining complete morons and then some.. You know who you are if you fit in the category of complete moron, but then again most morons will never acknowledge being morons..  Nervous

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 09:36 AM)grampahol Wrote: Just a tiny bit of bleach in water will kill most viruses and bacteria. Just a quarter cup of bleach in a gallon of water goes a long way. There's nothing about brand names like Lysol , etc., that makes them superior to just plain bleach. 
By the way, don't drink bleach. Just because some complete morons are complete morons doesn't mean we all have to be complete morons.. but still, some morons will insist on remaining complete morons and then some.. You know who you are if you fit in the category of complete moron, but then again most morons will never acknowledge being morons..  Nervous

Bleach is all sold out too.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 01:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Walmart is slowly starting to catch up from the initial hoarding that took place. When I was in there 2 weeks ago, you couldn't find shit you wanted or needed. Twice now I've walked in and seen they had TP and bread which they didn't have before. Kroger however, can't seem to keep TP on the shelves. I've been there a few times to buy tequila and shelves were bare. Plenty of bread tho.  Dollar Store is also catching up on the TP and bread. But none of the above places mentioned have any hand sanitizer. That may take awhile.

Why are you buying 40 proof tequila?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 12:18 PM)jason Wrote: Why are you buying 40 proof tequila?

Premixed margaritas. 

Reply/Quote
I've been in self quarantine for nearly a month now. Had to because I have to many factors to risk exposure. Heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and I smoke.

I've taken a few walks and a drive a few times. But we stocked up early, and neither of us are going anywhere. I also just turned 56 on March 26th, so I'm also in that age risk as well.

Hope all of you are doing well. We'll BEAT this!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote