Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
The only court we have been having is criminal court and only for cases of people that in jail. Witnesses were not allowed to wait in the courtroom. They signed in and then waited in their cars until their case was called. Other than limiting the number of people in the courtroom the ony other safeguard was that everyone had to have their temperature taken before being allowed in.

Other courts will be opening next week. They just had a big meeting from all lawyers, judges, and court personnel. Even though the lawyers have not been required to wear masks they are asking that we do it now mainly for appearance sake to make everyone else feel better when they come in.
Reply/Quote
Edit: Post removed because I realized my post might have crossed a little in to a political topic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Had a social distance Mother's day celebration with my mom. Kind of sad in a way but glad I could at least do something. I left the flowers, card and gifts for her on her front porch and called her to say there were gifts on her porch. I didn't tell her I was outside so it was kind of a surprise for her when she saw me at the end of the sidewalk. Then we talked outside 10 feet apart or so for about an hour with my mask on just as an extra precaution. Since she is over 70 and her husband is a lung cancer survivor I wanted to be as cautious as possible. At least the weather was decent enough to stay outside for a bit as cold and rainy as it has been here recently. It was good to see her in person though and at least try do something for the occasion.

I was told last week that the VA outpatient clinic I usually go to is staying closed until at least July. Even when thing are starting to open up in the area I guess they are taking extra precautions.

Mostly things are starting to feel more normal with the extra precautions, distancing, wearing masks, etc. I think that is going to be the norm for some time. I read they are looking to open up restaurants and such with limited capacity later this month in my area. I think I'll still play it safe for a bit and stick to carry out or delivery when I want restaurant food.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Well things are starting to open back up. I watched Bundesliga this weekend and I am currently watching NASCAR.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well things are starting to open back up. I watched Bundesliga this weekend and I am currently watching NASCAR.

Feels good.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 07:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Feels good.

I give NASCAR a lot of credit. I know how folks like to stereotype them, but their main theme throughout the whole presentation was mitigation measures. Hopefully, America in general will adapt that mentality, for a while. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Luckily I have been working during all of this. Things in Virginia are starting to open up. Hoping we do not see a big spike and have to backtrack. Praying for the best.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 01:35 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Luckily I have been working during all of this. Things in Virginia are starting to open up. Hoping we do not see a big spike and have to backtrack. Praying for the best.

I think you will see a spike, just because more testing will be available.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 01:35 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Luckily I have been working during all of this. Things in Virginia are starting to open up. Hoping we do not see a big spike and have to backtrack. Praying for the best.

(05-19-2020, 12:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think you will see a spike, just because more testing will be available.

Two days ago (6 days into the planned 14 day Phase One of reopening) we had the largest single day of positive test results thus far.  The Governor has stated face masks will most likely become mandatory across the Commonwealth starting Tuesday, and that it looks unlikely we will move into Phase Two, nor is it guaranteed we will remain in Phase One if the trend continues.

Many people haven't been taking it seriously from the get go. Despite having a Stay At Home order, people have been out and about and traveling all over the place with the attitude of "I don't have symptoms, so I shouldn't have to".
Reply/Quote
I sell surgical implants for spine and neurosurgery and have been furloughed since April 3. The state of Nebraska has opened up elective surgeries, but my company hasn't brought any of the sales organization back yet. Hopefully that will happen sometime in June.

I am starting to wonder if these shutdowns are appropriate for every area of the country. I grew up in South Dakota and they didn't do a shut down and outside of an outbreak at a meat packing plant, they have been clean. From everything I've read, it seems like the wide open rural parts of the midwest are less affected than others. I just hope it all clears up soon
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 02:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I sell surgical implants for spine and neurosurgery and have been furloughed since April 3. The state of Nebraska has opened up elective surgeries, but my company hasn't brought any of the sales organization back yet. Hopefully that will happen sometime in June.

I am starting to wonder if these shutdowns are appropriate for every area of the country. I grew up in South Dakota and they didn't do a shut down and outside of an outbreak at a meat packing plant, they have been clean. From everything I've read, it seems like the wide open rural parts of the midwest are less affected than others. I just hope it all clears up soon

I think there should be clear guidelines from the federal level for uniformity, instead of every state, county, or city coming up with their own. But, I think the guidelines should be implemented locally. So the places that aren’t as affected can return to normal at their pace. And places more severely affected return to normal at a pace more appropriate to their situation.

The CDC tried to issue detailed guidelines for that to occur, but got shot down by the White House with a much more generic guidelines lacking detail which again puts more the onus on other governmental levels to figure it out on their own.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 02:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I sell surgical implants for spine and neurosurgery and have been furloughed since April 3.  The state of Nebraska has opened up elective surgeries, but my company hasn't brought any of the sales organization back yet.  Hopefully that will happen sometime in June.

I am starting to wonder if these shutdowns are appropriate for every area of the country.  I grew up in South Dakota and they didn't do a shut down and outside of an outbreak at a meat packing plant, they have been clean.  From everything I've read, it seems like the wide open rural parts of the midwest are less affected than others.  I just hope it all clears up soon

If you have a couple of extra replacement discs lying around, and could hook a guy up with some low cost installation, I'd be most appreciative.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Iowa allowed high school baseball and softball to start practice on June 1 and actual games will commence on Monday.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 08:14 PM)iowawriter Wrote: Iowa allowed high school baseball and softball to start practice on June 1 and actual games will commence on Monday.

I know Indiana wants to get back to normal. Although, there are parents saying they wont let their kids play baseball this year so maybe a little over cautious parents, or maybe not. We don't know? I hear Amy Acton resigned as the Ohio health director also which is probably due to the pressure on her from citizens of Ohio (I live on the state line of OH and IN. I live in IN and work in OH so I follow both states guidelines).

Annnnnnyway, there's a part of me that says, "open up and lets get life back to normal." Then there's a part of me that says, "crap, hope nobody else gets sick and dies from this thing!"

I wish you all great success.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 08:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know Indiana wants to get back to normal. Although, there are parents saying they wont let their kids play baseball this year so maybe a little over cautious parents, or maybe not. We don't know? I hear Amy Acton resigned as the Ohio health director also which is probably due to the pressure on her from citizens of Ohio (I live on the state line of OH and IN. I live in IN and work in OH so I follow both states guidelines).

Annnnnnyway, there's a part of me that says, "open up and lets get life back to normal." Then there's a part of me that says, "crap, hope nobody else gets sick and dies from this thing!"

I wish you all great success.

Pressure is a funny way of saying obnoxious work hours 7 days a week. I guess the armed guys that showed up at her house but can't be bothered to go out and defend the constitution when shit's going down for real in the streets could've played a role too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I was going to write at the high school Garden tonight anyway, but was curious to see what the softball crowd was like.

It's a JV/Varsity double-header. I guess people have been desperate for something to go to, because this was the largest JV crowd I've ever seen. The school took down the tarp covering the outfield fence so now there are lawn chairs all around the field. There's not a whole lot of social distancing going on with those lawn chairs.

No concession stand as the state of Iowa has forbidden schools from operating them.
Reply/Quote
A WWE developmental talent tested positive. The whole crew is being tested today and the Tv tapings have been postponed a day.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/national-sports/ny-wwe-coronavirus-developmental-talent-20200616-rcxe6svgtneebnlvlzfxb724ca-story.html
Reply/Quote
Just an FYI for any of you that may have known Onyx from various Bengals boards. He passed away from Post Covid sepsis. Not my story to tell so am linking to Jamie's post on the other forum. https://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/85687-rip-onyx/
Reply/Quote
I coughed in a crowed isle at the grocery store yesterday. You wouldn't believe how quickly it cleared out lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 08:04 PM)Montana Bengal Wrote: Just an FYI for any of you that may have known Onyx from various Bengals boards.  He passed away from Post Covid sepsis.  Not my story to tell so am linking to Jamie's post on the other forum. https://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/85687-rip-onyx/

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks for sharing the news, may he rest in peace.
Reply/Quote