Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
Apparently, given my weak immune system and just overall situation, I'm in the next eligible group to get the vaccine (in this area, at least).

The only problems that I've heard from people who have gotten it, on here or told me in person, is sore arm and maybe feeling sick.

I want to get it just because I'd like to be out around people again more than just going to the gym and coming back to my place. I'm pretty much dead if I get this, so I feel like I've been pretty good at staying safe, but it's been, what, 11(?) months of this? I'm just tired of everything. I want it to be over (I know it won't magically end when I get a vaccine, but you get my point).

My family is usually a HELL OF A LOT MORE CAUTIOUS when it comes to me and issues like this, and they're calling tomorrow to find out about getting me into the hospital to get it (Saint E South is about a mile from my place, if that), so that does make me feel better, but I was also "talking" to a college friend of mine that's totally against it, so that puts that little ounce of fear in my brain.

I've only heard of one death from it (maybe two but one was an extremely elderly lady), but I just keep thinking "knowing my luck............."

Should I get it?
Reply/Quote
Unless you you have a history of severe allergic reactions you should be good to go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And as I have told people I work with: they are giving it to all of the doctors and nurses so if it ends up being deadly then we are all screwed anyways.

My wife got it (works at a hospital) and she said that her arm was just sore for a couple days longer than when she gets a regular flu shot.

Having said all that, no one on here can make that decision for you. Talk to your docs and family before deciding.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 01:48 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Apparently, given my weak immune system and just overall situation, I'm in the next eligible group to get the vaccine (in this area, at least).

The only problems that I've heard from people who have gotten it, on here or told me in person, is sore arm and maybe feeling sick.

I want to get it just because I'd like to be out around people again more than just going to the gym and coming back to my place. I'm pretty much dead if I get this, so I feel like I've been pretty good at staying safe, but it's been, what, 11(?) months of this? I'm just tired of everything. I want it to be over (I know it won't magically end when I get a vaccine, but you get my point).

My family is usually a HELL OF A LOT MORE CAUTIOUS when it comes to me and issues like this, and they're calling tomorrow to find out about getting me into the hospital to get it (Saint E South is about a mile from my place, if that), so that does make me feel better, but I was also "talking" to a college friend of mine that's totally against it, so that puts that little ounce of fear in my brain.

I've only heard of one death from it (maybe two but one was an extremely elderly lady), but I just keep thinking "knowing my luck............."

Should I get it?

I'd wager your buddy from college knows next to nothing about vaccinations, or how this one works. Do what's right for you, and don't worry about uninformed chatter... Because it's literally everywhere. My dad got his a week ago today... He's fine, and said it was nothing.

I'd take it in your place, so that should tell you where I stand on it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 03:37 PM)jason Wrote: I'd wager your buddy from college knows next to nothing about vaccinations, or how this one works. Do what's right for you, and don't worry about uninformed chatter... Because it's literally everywhere. My dad got his a week ago today... He's fine, and said it was nothing.

I'd take it in your place, so that should tell you where I stand on it.

Not my buddy from college, just a girl that goes to college where I graduated from, which is across the street from where I live now, and she works at the front desk at the gym where I work out.  

She's young, though, and not the typical millennial that believes in all the garbage that a lot of college kids do today.

It does give me confidence that you'd get it and sound so confident because other people have said that they'd also get it.

I wish that I could just get it now and have it be over with because then I wouldn't spend any time second-guessing it or searching the news for current vaccinations gone wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 03:07 AM)treee Wrote: Unless you you have a history of severe allergic reactions you should be good to go.
Not allergic to much and only time my allergies act up is the spring or sometimes big changes of weather, which blows in Northern Kentucky because it can be snowing one day and 70 the next.  
(01-19-2021, 01:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: And as I have told people I work with:  they are giving it to all of the doctors and nurses so if it ends up being deadly then we are all screwed anyways.

My wife got it (works at a hospital) and she said that her arm was just sore for a couple days longer than when she gets a regular flu shot.

Having said all that, no one on here can make that decision for you. Talk to your docs and family before deciding.

Only have one doc in the family and haven't seen any of my regular docs since Covid, but I'll check with him.

Tell your wife thanks for her work and thanks for building my confidence in getting this!  

Like I said, my family is VERY protective over me, so I feel ok when they're pushing me to get it.  Then again, my mom did say that she would have pulled the plug when I was in my coma if the guy that was supposed to tell them I was brain dead wasn't out sick, so who knows?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not my buddy from college, just a girl that goes to college where I graduated from, which is across the street from where I live now, and she works at the front desk at the gym where I work out.  

She's young, though, and not the typical millennial that believes in all the garbage that a lot of college kids do today.

It does give me confidence that you'd get it and sound so confident because other people have said that they'd also get it.

I wish that I could just get it now and have it be over with because then I wouldn't spend any time second-guessing it or searching the news for current vaccinations gone wrong.

The way I look at it, is there are 2 choices... Either get it or get it. By that I mean either get vaccinated or eventually get the Rona. It's not going anywhere until there's herd immunity. From my understanding, the quickest way to achieve that is mass vaccination. People dragging their feet about it are going to slow that process down. We're all sick of it, and the sooner we can return to whatever normal was the better.

The problem right now is on the supply side, but I was just reading this morning that only around 1/3 of Americans are even interested in getting vaccinated. That's not enough... Also keep your ears open, and eyes peeled because my pops wasn't even technically eligible here in Ohio. He's 77, but ended up getting his out at the Dayton VA.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 06:03 PM)jason Wrote: The way I look at it, is there are 2 choices... Either get it or get it. By that I mean either get vaccinated or eventually get the Rona. 

True. Gotta do what's right for you Brad. At least we know if you get the shot, it's not going to cripple you. But I also understand not wanting to take it because of the unknown and I don't blame you. Moderna is a little under fire right now because they released a batch of over 300k doses that has increased side effects in people unlike the others. Hell, they don't even know why it happened. Could be the medicine, could be the different strain, who knows? Just do what your heart tells you and be comfortable with the decision. Don't let anyone ever pressure you into it. DO the research and make YOUR choice.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 07:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: True. Gotta do what's right for you Brad. At least we know if you get the shot, it's not going to cripple you. But I also understand not wanting to take it because of the unknown and I don't blame you. Moderna is a little under fire right now because they released a batch of over 300k doses that has increased side effects in people unlike the others. Hell, they don't even know why it happened. Could be the medicine, could be the different strain, who knows? Just do what your heart tells you and be comfortable with the decision. Don't let anyone ever pressure you into it. DO the research and make YOUR choice.

DEFINITELY!

Ignore that guy on the right yelling "DO IT!"

[Image: tumblr_pb7x2eU0jl1w27jeoo1_400.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 07:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: True. Gotta do what's right for you Brad. At least we know if you get the shot, it's not going to cripple you. But I also understand not wanting to take it because of the unknown and I don't blame you. Moderna is a little under fire right now because they released a batch of over 300k doses that has increased side effects in people unlike the others. Hell, they don't even know why it happened. Could be the medicine, could be the different strain, who knows? Just do what your heart tells you and be comfortable with the decision. Don't let anyone ever pressure you into it. DO the research and make YOUR choice.

[Image: 9253c5b2e9520394d06ef32b9764c42b71939dc8...6265ab.jpg]

Hilarious Hilarious

Made me laugh!  You people get me!

Hilarious Hilarious

I'm going to do the research, but opinions on which one is best or if anyone else has any experience, I'd appreciate them greatly.

Clark, which one did your wife get?  

My sister just said that she heard that the next wave of vaccinations were starting on the 28th, so I could be getting it soon, but I can't find anything on it.  

I know this won't bring an end to it and I'll still need to be careful, but it does give me comfort to know that, in 8 days, I could be offered a some protection.   
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 02:23 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: 9253c5b2e9520394d06ef32b9764c42b71939dc8...6265ab.jpg]

Hilarious Hilarious

Hilarious Hilarious

I'm going to do the research, but opinions on which one is best or if anyone else has any experience, I'd appreciate them greatly.

My sister just said that she heard that the next wave of vaccinations were starting on the 28th, so I could be getting it soon, but I can't find anything on it.  

I know this won't bring an end to it and I'll still need to be careful, but it does give me comfort to know that, in 8 days, I could be offered a some protection.   

Something else to consider if you decide to get the shot is you don’t have to wait for it to be available in your area. You can get it anywhere. KY, IN, etc. it’s a federally funded vaccine, not state. Wasn’t sure if you realized that or not. 

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 07:58 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Something else to consider if you decide to get the shot is you don’t have to wait for it to be available in your area. You can get it anywhere. KY, IN, etc. it’s a federally funded vaccine, not state. Wasn’t sure if you realized that or not. 

Yeah but easy access this close and keep it simple.  Plus, my family is always busy as-is, no reason to put more on their plate.

No harm in waiting another 8 days.

I wonder if they'll give it to me in my ass in a symbolic gesture to say "KISS MY ASS Rona!" 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 02:23 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: 9253c5b2e9520394d06ef32b9764c42b71939dc8...6265ab.jpg]

Hilarious Hilarious

Hilarious Hilarious

My wife got the second Pfizer shot this week. Hit her harder than the first shot did but nothing too bad. She was just really tired and felt sick the next afternoon.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 05:13 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: My wife got the second Pfizer shot this week. Hit her harder than the first shot did but nothing too bad. She was just really tired and felt sick the next afternoon.

Under two days until I possibly get the first dose.  I'm actually going to look into it right now.  

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 09:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah but easy access this close and keep it simple.  Plus, my family is always busy as-is, no reason to put more on their plate.

No harm in waiting another 8 days.

I wonder if they'll give it to me in my ass in a symbolic gesture to say "KISS MY ASS Rona!" 

I'm not sure the beginning of your last sentence came out the way you intended. Made me laugh though.

Hope you're able to get the damn thing soon Brad.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 11:31 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not sure the beginning of your last sentence came out the way you intended. Made me laugh though.

Hope you're able to get the damn thing soon Brad.

I meant the shot but yeah, reading that, it's pretty damn funny!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Huge news today from the CDC. Fully vaccinated people no longer need to mask or practice social distancing inside or outside. I gotta say I'm ready to ditch the mask, but dig social distancing..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
From the WTF! Files, I had to take a Covid test Thursday as a pre-screen for a medical procedure I was supposed to have this coming Wednesday. At work yesterday I saw the emailed results. Despite being a fully vaccinated Covid survivor, I tested positive. As my infection was more than 3 months ago, there is zero CDC guidance on what I have to do. I immediately left the building for the safety of others, then started calling my care providers. The best I could get was from the surgeon himself who stated that his medical opinion is this is continued remnant shedding from my infection 6 months ago, and am not infectious or infected; but the procedure will have to be postponed 4 weeks due to anesthesiologist's policy. He then left for the day. HR wants something in writing in order for me to come back to work, and I can't reach him again until Monday. I was able to reach my Primary Care, and they say I have to quarantine for 2 weeks again! I got fed up with the inability to reach the surgeon's office in the afternoon, so I went somewhere locally for another test. Rapid is negative, but they want me to isolate until the PCR results are back. QUITE FRUSTRATING AT THIS POINT!
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 11:55 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: From the WTF! Files, I had to take a Covid test Thursday as a pre-screen for a medical procedure I was supposed to have this coming Wednesday.  At work yesterday I saw the emailed results.  Despite being a fully vaccinated Covid survivor, I tested positive.  As my infection was more than 3 months ago, there is zero CDC guidance on what I have to do.  I immediately left the building for the safety of others, then started calling my care providers.  The best I could get was from the surgeon himself who stated that his medical opinion is this is continued remnant shedding from my infection 6 months ago, and am not infectious or infected; but the procedure will have to be postponed 4 weeks due to anesthesiologist's policy.  He then left for the day.  HR wants something in writing in order for me to come back to work, and I can't reach him again until Monday.  I was able to reach my Primary Care, and they say I have to quarantine for 2 weeks again!  I got fed up with the inability to reach the surgeon's office in the afternoon, so I went somewhere locally for another test.  Rapid is negative, but they want me to isolate until the PCR results are back.  QUITE FRUSTRATING AT THIS POINT!

Yeah, that would suck.  

They're saying this is all over and masks aren't needed, which is tough for me to believe that it all went away so quick, and I'll keep wearing masks just because, like I said, I'm dead if I get it, even though I'm vaccinated.

It is hilarious how quickly this all of the sudden disappeared.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 03:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, that would suck.  

They're saying this is all over and masks aren't needed, which is tough for me to believe that it all went away so quick, and I'll keep wearing masks just because, like I said, I'm dead if I get it, even though I'm vaccinated.

It is hilarious how quickly this all of the sudden disappeared.

But it hasn't.  As the weather has turned nicer, people have gotten outside and away from one another while vaccinations for those of us who don't have the luxury of working at home have increased dramatically.  This has done a great job of slowing the spread, but look at the numbers again it a few weeks and you will see surges popping up because of the mandates being lifted.  Hell, Florida has been steadily climbing again since they started re-opening.  But it is minor compared to places like India, which is the fore front of the Covid news cycle.
Reply/Quote