Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid caused forfeit?
with only one game a week each team should be able to fill out a roster on GameDay. However if a team is unable to field a team I wonder how the NFL will hold it. Does the covid team get a loss and other team a win or does it go down as a tie? Teams wouldn't be able to make up games.
Reply/Quote
Haven’t heard about any NFL Covid cases in weeks, why you worried now?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 11:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Haven’t heard about any NFL Covid cases in weeks, why you worried now?

Haven't heard much at all about it honestly.... only the governors seem to be concerned. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Meh...

Not concerned at all. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 10:53 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: with only one game a week each team should be able to fill out a roster on GameDay.  However if a team is unable to field a team I wonder how the NFL will hold it.  Does the covid team get a loss and other team a win or does it go down as a tie?  Teams wouldn't be able to make up games.

What?  No double headers?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 01:50 AM)McC Wrote: What?  No double headers?

"We'll just play two 3-quarter games. If there's overtime, your drive will automatically start on the 50 yard line."  - Rob Manfred if he was NFL commissioner, probably

Sick

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
No testing 24 hours before kickoff if Chiefs Texans pass todays test they play tomorrow. Who would of thought football players more mature than baseball players. Basketball potentially as well NBA has a bubble protecting them right now
Reply/Quote
Maybe we win both Steeler games because Ben gets covid from a filthy bar bathroom liaison.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If a team forfeits, the score is 2-0 for the winning team.

2- The NFL scores forfeits 2-0
According to the official NFL rulebook, a forfeit occurs: “... when a game is not played because of the failure or refusal of one team to participate. In that event, the other team, if ready and willing to play, is the winner by a score of 2-0” (the points earned in a safety). Why a two-point safety? Because those points are the league’s only scores that are not credited to any one player.
This little-discussed rule is even less frequently applied, since dating back to 1920 there has been just one forfeit. Specifically, December 4, 1921, when the Rochester Jeffersons lost by forfeit to the Washington Pros/Senators. Since the league was just a year old and this rule was not yet established, the referee scored the game 1-0. No word on whose stats got padded with the point.
Reply/Quote
11 healthy people are all you need to play.

I don't want people to get sick, but I would love to see an 11 man roster vs 11 man roster NFL game once. Solid odds at that point that you have a former WR playing both QB and CB then. Your 5 heaviest guys left would be your OL and DL+MLB.

Game on.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 10:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe we win both Steeler games because Ben gets covid from a filthy bar bathroom liaison.

Highly likely.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 10:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe we win both Steeler games because Ben gets covid from a filthy bar bathroom liaison.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote