Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys Desperately Need A QB After Romo Injury..Sooo
Soooooo, that's their problem. No way we should create a problem (backup qb) for ourselves that we don't have already.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 10:10 AM)James Brooks Wrote: Our window, as most teams are, is closing. McCarron now has some experience in the system , and a decent skill set, and might be able to keep us in the hunt should Andy go down. So, if I were trading him, I would want a lot. Probably 2,3, and 4. But I would not trade him unless it was a deal I could've refuse.

I don't understand this at all.  Our only "back 9" elite players are Whit and Adam Jones.  The window is just now fully open.  Our core is in the prime of their careers.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 12:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Then you trade him at the end of this season. You don't weaken your team at the beginning of a season you are hoping to win the super bowl.

I agree, but if you get a crazy stupid offer, you listen.  
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 12:20 AM)GodFather Wrote: Romo is out 6-10 weeks with his latest injury, which is backbreaking to the Cowboys season. My question is Dallas approaches Cincy to acquire AJ, what deal would you accept from Dallas with 1st or 2nd round draft choice being off the table as an option because the Cowboys aren't willing to give those picks up?

They have a Draft pick of their own to run with...

why does everyone want to get rid of the first good backup QB we have ever had asap?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 10:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I agree, but if you get a crazy stupid offer, you listen.  

we didn't get the stupid offer before the draft like you all thought.. I doubt the phones are ringing now.

It would need to be for a player that can help us not draft picks for next year we have enough of those.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 07:35 PM)BengalRed Wrote: How much could we get for Wenning?

A good laugh..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think it would be very stupid of us to trade McCarron.  He is in year 3 of a team friendly rookie deal.  If we trade him it would make more sense next season when he is in the last year of his rookie deal and we are unlikely to be able to afford to re-sign.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I would not trade AJ McCarron until they have to. We gotta have a backup QB that can play. Bengals really need to look at drafing another guy before they even think of trading AJM. What does he have left on his rookie deal 2 years?

All the draft picks in the world is not going to help them this season, and if Dalton goes down again they are DONE if they trade McCarron.
Reply/Quote
Macaroni isn't going anywhere. How about Dallas going after Flopzel? I thought they wanted him last year and he's available. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 12:04 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Macaroni isn't going anywhere. How about Dallas going after Flopzel? I thought they wanted him last year and he's available. lol

Even if everything else wasn't horrible, I am pretty sure Manziel is suspended effective as soon as he gets signed by a new team, isn't he?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/30/report-nfl-to-suspend-johnny-manziel-four-games-for-substance-abuse/

So even if he didn't suck as a QB, and even if he wasn't probably half way through a round of Edward Fortyhands right now, he'd still be suspended.

Plus Dak Prescott looks awesome in preseason, and they'll be able to lean heavily on Eliott and that OL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 12:20 AM)GodFather Wrote: Romo is out 6-10 weeks with his latest injury, which is backbreaking to the Cowboys season. My question is Dallas approaches Cincy to acquire AJ, what deal would you accept from Dallas with 1st or 2nd round draft choice being off the table as an option because the Cowboys aren't willing to give those picks up?

they drafted a QB they will roll that way
Reply/Quote