Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trevor Lawrence contract extension
Lawrence has received a 5year extension $275 million extension, including $200 million guaranteed - $142 million at signing

$55 million per year ties him with Joe Burrow for highest paid player per year.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That's a lot of loot for a guy who hasn't accomplished a whole lot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 09:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a lot of loot for a guy who hasn't accomplished a whole lot.

This. However, he's only 24 (Bo Nix and Michael Penix are also 24) and it's not like the Jaguars had other options. Lawrence is just slightly above average IMO and he won't win a ring.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 09:54 AM)Bengalion Wrote: This. However, he's only 24 (Bo Nix and Michael Penix are also 24) and it's not like the Jaguars had other options. Lawrence is just slightly above average IMO and he won't win a ring.

I'm sure that Shad Khan was just brimming with joy at the thought of handing Lawrence a $142M check.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 09:54 AM)Bengalion Wrote: This. However, he's only 24 (Bo Nix and Michael Penix are also 24) and it's not like the Jaguars had other options. Lawrence is just slightly above average IMO and he won't win a ring.

for sure the better the QB the greater odds of winning a ring, but also above average QBs have won also... how about these names, Foles, Flaco, Dilfer... and many very good to even great QBs have not won a ring such as Kelley, Rivers, Moon and our man Anderson.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 09:59 PM)pally Wrote: Lawrence has received a 5year extension $275 million extension, including $200 million guaranteed - $142 million at signing

$55 million per year ties him with Joe Burrow for highest paid player per year.  

its good to be a QB
Reply/Quote
Good for him. Get whatever you can from ownership.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Burrow contract already looking like a bargain. I bet Tua gets a similar deal, which would be hilarious.
Reply/Quote