Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys Shopping Tyron Smith
(03-26-2020, 08:41 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I would pass. I would rather keep the #33 pick or trade back to gain a 3/4 rd pick. There are too many good players in the first 4 rounds of this draft this year, if we draft well we could really take a step forward to a solid future. I really like the skill players on offense in this year's draft, imagine this scenario:

1) Burrow

2) (42) Chase Claypool-WR ND from JAX

3) Isaiah Wilson-RT Georgia

3) (74) Troy Dye-LB Oregon from JAX

4) Thaddeus Moss-TE LSU

--that's a lot of talent for the offense!!

Rd 4 is early for Moss, but I get your point.  I just look at the offensive line and how improving it makes EVERY PLAYER on offense better.  The running game.  The receivers.  Everything.  And as strong a prospect as Wilson is, he is still an unproven.  

Look at it this way:  We give up that 1st pick in Rd 3 for Tyron Smith.  The money goes as follows:  release Hart and the average incremental cost is roughly $6 million per year for the next four years.  If Wilson came in and became a Pro Bowl RT, his next contract would be WAY over that in four years.  And you could already have a Pro Bowl tackle that is a proven commodity over a complete unknown.  I am not sure the % of 3rd round tackles that become pro bowler, but I am sure it is low. 

Take the proven talent now, that doesn't have to learn, to protect Burrow and help open up the running game. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 11:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: 38 vs 29 (Smith) and we are arguing that Smith can't stay healthy?  Who would think the chances are better that Peters stays healthy.  He is truly looking at the clubhouse and just wants another payday.  Smith has had limited post season action and could be very instrumental in pushing Cincy toward a championship.  

I hope they get him.  Damn, offer the 3rd round pick if not the 2nd.  Just make it happen.  Again, if it does happen, I can't help but think Dalton is saying "gee, thanks guys".  Didn't do much for him when he was here....

Not against it, proven OT is what I want, they just have to know how to play on the right side.

Either that or we will have to move Jonah to RT. Either way should be an upgrade over Hart.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not against it, proven OT is what I want, they just have to know how to play on the right side.

Either that or we will have to move Jonah to RT. Either way should be an upgrade over Hart.

I wonder if Tyron Smith would think that a move to RT would hurt his HOF potential?  No clue...

That is about the only situation where I would be ok if Williams moved to RT, is if Tyron Smith was our LT.  
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 09:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wonder if Tyron Smith would think that a move to RT would hurt his HOF potential?  No clue...

That is about the only situation where I would be ok if Williams moved to RT, is if Tyron Smith was our LT.  

I wouldn't be against it with Trent Williams either, just would like Peters at RT if we pick him up and keep Jonah at LT.

On the HOF point I think O-lineman shouldn't be snubbed for playing on the right side, there are left handed QB's and if you are
great you are great. Willie was one hell of a RT and think he has been snubbed just for being on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 06:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wouldn't be against it with Trent Williams either, just would like Peters at RT if we pick him up and keep Jonah at LT.

On the HOF point I think O-lineman shouldn't be snubbed for playing on the right side, there are left handed QB's and if you are
great you are great. Willie was one hell of a RT and think he has been snubbed just for being on the Bengals.

So true...Isn't it odd that the one thing the team seemed to have when they sucked was a beast of a RT and now that is one of a few missing pieces.  

I think Hart being pushed by Fred Johnson at RT is a pretty good situation.  If Hart can take one more step upward, he will at least be above average.  
Reply/Quote